News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norm Wilner pointed out something really obvious on twitter, I can't believe I didn't connect the dots sooner. Lisi replaced Scott as the family supplier.

Norm Wilner ‏@wilnervision 1 hr
Funny how Rob Ford's intense friendship with Sandro Lisi almost immediately follows the arrest of Scott McIntyre in January 2012.

Lisi was the person who ordered the jail house assault for the mayor?

How does that bedbug thing even work? Does Sandro drop in unannounced at infested apartment buildings and scoop them up while tenants (terrified at his presence, but possibly relieved to have fewer bedbugs) are there?

Does he pay/threaten people to collect them for him?

What about the care and feeding of the bugs in between applications thereof to enemies' homes? Is there a bedbug menagerie somewhere?

As someone who's done a good amount of web design since the 90s, this is not uncommon. That said, never use a publicly visible URL. In my case, I'll create a subdomain on one of my sites with a fairly random name like "c4552ks9.mydomain.com" and that way clients can be shown the work in progress, without requiring the giving out of passwords (and thus creating security gateways that could be exploited), etc..

Without wishing to derail the thread too very much, are you saying that "no security" is more secure than "security"? If so, I imagine that plenty of IT security professionals would disagree with that statement. Also: when you say "publicly visible", do you instead mean "likely to be indexed by a search engine"? Just because c12987324987.whatever.com doesn't immediately describe the site content doesn't mean that it's not publicly visible.

As you point out, nothing inherently wrong with having a live dev/demo site, but to have such a thing for a client like Ford (definitely not an international celebrity, after all!) shows a stunning lack of awareness on the part of whoever put it up.

The media lawyers are going in front of Justice Nordheimer today to argue for the release of the ITO.

It's not even 9am yet. I don't know that a single thing of importance ever occurs in a courtroom before 11am ;)

Disagree! The only time I've ever been to court (minor traffic thing), the judge told me that the charge was dismissed & I was free to go, and that happened before 11am.

My top tip: wear a suit/equivalent, and call people Sir/Ma'am, unless it's the judge, in which case "Your Honour". Also, if you can swing it, try to have the police officer not show up (helps a lot, apparently?) and critically have the guy before you be wearing grubby sweatpants and a white T-shirt with what looks like egg yolk(?) smeared on the front of it. If your day in court goes anything like mine, the judge will sneer at this unfortunate chap and actually give half a smile as you step forward in your suitable attire.

...and justice for all, but especially those without obvious breakfast detritus on their apparel.

:)

Am I right in thinking that the ITO under discussion today is related to the warrants we read about in February?

Last edited:
Just on the Rob Ford for Mayor site persuing "About Rob"...he or his people should really spend sometime updating that section...The "Rexdale Raiders" are no longer listed as a member club of the OMFL for 2014....the Varsity squad forfeited three games last year and there is also the question of $ 1950. in fines and whether they have been paid....

I believe CAS is called in by the police after visiting the home. I doubt the responding officers would have had the balls to call CAS on the Fords.

What, 23 Division? Surely all Ron Taverner's officers are straight as an arrow. Why, the superintendent is even an old family friend of the Mayor himself. Impeccable credentials. I'm sure that they never felt any pressure, implicit or otherwise, to treat anyone living on Edenbridge Dr. any differently to any other citizen.

Correction: As Greg Banks points out, Edenbridge Drive is within the 22 Division precinct. Let us not forget, however, that Doug Ford seemed awfully well-informed(!) about the Cessna surveillance, but then backtracked. Perhaps I am wrong to suspect Taverner of helping out the Fords. Perhaps.

Last edited:
How does that bedbug thing even work? Does Sandro drop in unannounced at infested apartment buildings and scoop them up while tenants (terrified at his presence, but possibly relieved to have fewer bedbugs) are there?

Does he pay/threaten people to collect them for him?

What about the care and feeding of the bugs in between applications thereof to enemies' homes? Is there a bedbug menagerie somewhere?

Bedbugs can lie dormant for long periods of time, which is one of the reasons they're so hard to get rid of. As long as there are air holes in his vial of bedbugs, they should be fine for months. Apparently there are ways to trap them as they climb up the legs of your bed (thankfully the little bastards can't fly).

Not to say that he actually has a vial of bedbugs; this might just be an empty threat.

Invitation? The mayor of Toronto (or Doug) needs no invitation--just show up, unnannounced as usual?

reporterdonpeat 10:34am via Web
"The Premier didn't want to invite the mayor" Cllr Doug Ford to @CP24 on today's Cisco announcement

Last edited:
Latest from court.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 6m
Star's Kevin Donovan, who is in court, says 50 pages of new police document on Ford/Lisi could be released as early as March 19. Story soon.

What, 23 Division? Surely all Ron Taverner's officers are straight as an arrow. Why, the superintendent is even an old family friend of the Mayor himself. Impeccable credentials. I'm sure that they never felt any pressure, implicit or otherwise, to treat anyone living on Edenbridge Dr. any differently to any other citizen.
Don't sully Taverner....Edenbridge Dr is within of 22 Division....

hahaha....he is now claiming that all US media have told him (Doug) that the Toronto media is biased, that they've seen Presidential elections with less bias...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back