News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly think so. MetroMan has already cited his source as saying it's not "if", but "when". This is probably the Crown chirping in to make sure the ducks are all in a row before laying charges. Every single last one.

p.s. Hi UT. Long-time lurker, finally made the jump into registering.

Fingers crossed.

Welcome aboard. I like the username! I showed the Don Valley rainbow to someone in another country by Skype video chat on Saturday (for the avoidance of doubt, I was a passenger in a car). If anyone isn't aware of the story behind it, it's worth a read.

Could one reason why the OPP are stepping in be that the TPS have uncovered connections with the mafia living outside of the city and it's outside of their jurisdiction?

Another vote for 'good question'.

Also, does oversight imply the OPP's role is to make sure everything is legally/ethically in order with the investigation and the file?

I really hope the charges bring Doug down as well. If he really is planning to run for mayor in Rob's absence, he'll be toxic to most of the electorate and much less able to rely on charm, but I'd rather he were eliminated from the running as well.

The Ford's have more angles then a dog's hind leg.

Did anyone see Dale's tweet the other night when Ford was doing his spot with Kimmel? Rob had been handing out magnets, and he says something like 'I like how everything has a magnet angle'.

I tell ya, "The Magnet Angle" sounds like "The Novak Element" if someone wanted to take the Ford Nation show to the next level.

The ever-brilliant 80s Doug Ford on Twitter:
OK, @joe_warmington, @SueAnnLevy, get writin' on this OPP sh*t. Joe, stay by the phone. Sue Ann, think of a nickname for Chris Lewis #topoli

I'm really looking forward to reading either/both of those 'columnists' after Ford's arrest. I really am.

I really hope the charges bring Doug down as well. If he really is planning to run for mayor in Rob's absence, he'll be toxic to most of the electorate and much less able to rely on charm, but I'd rather he were eliminated from the running as well.

How did you know about the campaign slogan?

In a locked room at Deco, the lawn signs are stacked high just waiting for Doug's campaign to begin:

Doug Ford 2014: much less able to rely on charm than Rob.

Like Yogi Berra used to say, "It ain't over till it's over."

I would not discount the possibility of Rob pulling off a Marion Barry in the fall.

Last edited:
must... post... (yeah, I know, it's not about the police)
[video=youtube;6xGuGSDsDrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGuGSDsDrM[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGuGSDsDrM

ul_beatles.jpg

'Yer goin' to the old slammer-ee-doo ...'

*thumbs aloft*

Attachments

• ul_beatles.jpg
    ul_beatles.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 441
I wonder if any office resignations will happen. That'll certainly be a sign that something is about to go down. Speaking of which, on Monday someone had tweeted that Ford's chief of staff, I think it was him, had arrived at CH around 10 am with luggage. Total speculation but perhaps the luggage was to take his office belongings away? Or maybe he just showed up to work straight from the airport...

Also, it was rather unusual that Ford's driver was at City Hall today but no sign of Rob.

Last edited:
A delayed aside, but I didn't really know who Jimmy Kimmel was a week ago. The idea that a safe, prosperous city of Toronto's size, cultural influence and economic power should be concerned with its image as reflected by an American talk show is absurd to me, and says an awful lot about the Ford worldview (which isn't to say that this week's LA trip was really about anything other than these contemptible yokels getting themselves on American TV, of course).

A delayed aside, but I didn't really know who Jimmy Kimmel was a week ago. The idea that a safe, prosperous city of Toronto's size, cultural influence and economic power should be concerned with its image as reflected by an American talk show is absurd to me, and says an awful lot about the Ford worldview (which isn't to say that this week's LA trip was really about anything other than these contemptible yokels getting themselves on American TV, of course).

There have been a lot of FN types crowing that Kimmel loves RoFo when last week they wouldn't have known Kimmel from kibble.

I wonder if any office resignations will happen. That'll certainly be a sign that something is about to go down. Speaking of which, on Monday someone had tweeted that Ford's chief of staff, I think it was him, had arrived at CH around 10 am with luggage. Total speculation but perhaps the luggage was to take his office belongings away? Or maybe he just showed up to work straight from the airport...
If it was Massoudi, he probably came straight from the airport. I don't think he's going to bail at this point. He's as clued out as the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back