News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's there with his driver Jerry. Jerry is a very big guy, seems like a nice fellow.

If he was, he'd have a different job. Seriously. Lots of people seem like "nice guys", but as Rob likes to say "actions speak louder than words".

It would have been a better PR coup and the perfect "everyman ordinary Joe" thing to use City of Toronto facilities and classes, highlighting both Ford's commitment to fitness and the great public services.

The City Hall gym is employees only. I guess Rob doesn't like that.

The City Hall gym is employees only. I guess Rob doesn't like that.

Yeah, all those elites like clerks, 311 operators, plant waterers. Ordinary guy like Ford couldn't mix with such hobnobbing elites.

It wouldn't have to be at City Hall. Regent Park Aquatic Centre, St. Lawrence, and even using public health nutritional info would have been a boost to city services.

Yeah, all those elites like clerks, 311 operators, plant waterers. Ordinary guy like Ford couldn't mix with such hobnobbing elites.

It wouldn't have to be at City Hall. Regent Park Aquatic Centre, St. Lawrence, and even using public health nutritional info would have been a boost to city services.

But I think he also uses the City Hall gym, in addition to the Etobicoke one. I remember seeing various pics of him in workout clothes going in and out of his office.

Still, I don't believe for a second that he does 2 hours of gym work daily, per Doug Ford. But then again, that's Doug.........

Ford Pool additions summary from last few pages:

DonValleyRainbow Mar 19
greenegg Mar 20
maudlin Mar 25
RoboHobo Apr 4
Ahsun Apr 10
Angelunatic Mar 14
atodaso Mar 21
ColinZeal Mar 27
Bebop17 Mar 26
Cecelle Mar 18

If it's not too late...Mar 18th for me.

Was Doug planning to say CISCO was their baby?

StrashinCBC 5:24pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
Sources close to CISCO deal say: Company has had no contact with the Fords. Also company not keen to have Ford attend today.

BenSpurr 5:29pm via TweetDeck
Det. Inspector Chris Nicholas, reportedly now assigned to Ford case, was in charge of 2010 murder investigation of Col. Russell Williams.

Cop who led Russell Williams case tapped to oversee Ford probe

By Joe Warmington ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 05:22 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 05:53 PM EST

TORONTO - Veteran OPP Det.-Insp. Chris Nicholas has been tapped with the responsibility of overseeing Toronto Police’s Project Brazen 2 investigation, the Toronto Sun has learned.

The longtime detective is famous for heading up the investigation of killer colonel Russell Williams and dozens of other high-profile cases.

The OPP was asked Wednesday by Chief Bill Blair to oversee the Brazen 2 investigation, which involves Mayor Rob Ford as a person of interest.

OPP Commissioner Chris Lewis has accepted Blair’s request for help and put a senior man — Nicholas — on the case.

The case will still be led by Toronto Police Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux and Det. Joyce Schertzer, but they will now answer to Nicholas, who was instrumental in Williams’s guilty plea in the murders of Jessica Lloyd and Marie-France Comeau.

So far in Project Brazen 2, Ford’s friend Sandro Lisi has been charged with drug offences and alleged extortion.

"I've known Det.-Insp. Nicholas for much of his career. He is a mature, seasoned and professional investigator who I have the utmost confidence in. He'll work well with the very experienced TPS team," Lewis said.

BenSpurr 5:29pm via TweetDeck
Det. Inspector Chris Nicholas, reportedly now assigned to Ford case, was in charge of 2010 murder investigation of Col. Russell Williams.

Perfect! Next step? Putting Ford in the box with Jim Smyth. That video would beat all Ford's previous YouTube hits combined.
[video=youtube;hzh3adTWZOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzh3adTWZOg[/video]

Oh god, I hate that idea. Bob Rae got the better portion of the blame in Ontario for the effects of a worldwide recession. Revenue-generating things like photo radar and making the 407 a toll highway were demonized by the right (the same group who feel user fees are fair, takes issue with fees that affects *car* users). The NDP raising the minimum wage and instituting the (now gutted) rent control act probably did more to keep Ontario's recessionary losses to a minimum than anything the Feds did. *sigh*

Uh, wow. You were on such a roll, and then you dropped that last sentence. Rae WAS unfairly blamed. Minimum wage and rent control did absolutely nothing useful. Minimum wage laws have their place. Rent control never, ever works for a broad society. Neither do anything to reinvigorate a recessionary economy.

Cheap shot: that was almost as bad say Ford's subway economics! ;-)

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington
Sloppy police investigation on Ford. Many conflicts.Only solution is for TPS to stand down completely and have OPP run it from top to bottom

Chief Blair should assure public he will no longer partake in Ford probe.His investigators Schertzer + Giroux should be replaced by OPP dets

TPSB should retain outside counsel to investigate how investigation on Chief Magistrate was commenced and if Police Act followed or violated

TPSB should ask Andy Pringle, a friend of a mayoral candidate, to step aside while it probes fishing trip to pvt. lodge with police chief.

City council should be calling for an audit on costs and necessity of now clear conflict of interest of TPS in investigating its own mayor

I went by the plaza where Rob's Scarborough campaign office is/will be. It's different than the last time -- it was on the south side, and I think it's now Brad Duguid's constituency office -- and much smaller. I assume they'll spin that as either not needing as big a place now because he's mayor or they're saving money by using it, rather than saying they can't raise enough money to pay for something larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back