News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

You blink for 5 minutes and someone merges the GO Construction Project thread with the Transit fantasy map thread ;)

You can do it both way under what I wrote. The KW line be upgraded to 2/3 tracks to London depending on the amount of rail traffic plan for the line under short line service.

The other way is by Aldershot using the Halton sub backup to the KW line. The line will have to be 4 tracks with a Milton Station.

I have only ridden VIA twice by Dundas as well on a GO Special, but never really look at it since it wasn't on my radar then.

With the 2nd track going in for Old Weston Rd under future plan since the new bridges are built to handle 2 tracks compare to the current one, I get the feeling we will see UPX service from Milton to the airport using a 2nd CP track on the MacTier Sub and then rejoin the KW line north of St Clair.

From what I recall of the area, yes you can put a wye in, but need to have a look at how is looks today with the tracks in place now. Setting up some site visit now, and this has been on my list of do thing for months.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a GO Special?

^you can technically charter one of the old PCCs and have them drive you around wherever you want, its expensive though and you (obviously) aren't allowed to drive.

A special trip not regularly made. I presume a GO train made a special trip past Dundas for whatever reason and Drum was on it.

If I recall correct, it was either Procor, GO or a N Scale Convention that had a special event on with a GO train being used for a trip to Dundas as a special run. If it was GO, the train departed from Willowbrook, Procor would have been from Bronte and the N Scale from Port Credit. Other than, I can't think when it was or for who, but was on the train.

Nearly...everyone knows that Drum has his own dedicated GO train and on ocassion he has it take a special route. ;)

I wish that was true....LOL:cool:

I wish that was true....LOL:cool:

it would be cool....whenever UT needed pictures of some transit project somewhere we could flash a GO logo into the sky...you could slide down a pole into the specially built "train cave" we know you have and the GO-Mobile train would splash out into the open and deliver you to the site.

Here's a couple pics of the JamesNorth (Hamilton) GO station under construction - taken by me today

I am so excited for James North being built man. It will be interesting to go to Hamilton when you feel like it
There's been an full-day two-way express non-stop GO Bus from Union Station (and before that the Elizabeth Street terminal) to Hamilton running since ... well for over a quarter-century.

I don't recall worrying about waiting for it back in the 1980s ... and it runs every 20-30 minutes these days. And is faster than the GO Train.

Beware though, Hamilton is an odd place ... I felt like I was walking into the 1990s when I got there.
hamilton-parking-meters.jpg

The strangest thing about those parking meters, is that downtown, mid-day, mid-week ... and many were sitting there waiting for cars to arrive.

There's been an full-day two-way express non-stop GO Bus from Union Station (and before that the Elizabeth Street terminal) to Hamilton running since ... well for over a quarter-century.

I don't recall worrying about waiting for it back in the 1980s ... and it runs every 20-30 minutes these days. And is faster than the GO Train.

Beware though, Hamilton is an odd place ... I felt like I was walking into the 1990s when I got there.
hamilton-parking-meters.jpg

The strangest thing about those parking meters, is that downtown, mid-day, mid-week ... and many were sitting there waiting for cars to arrive.

That's kind of what I like about Hamilton in a sense. The 1990s feelings. I feel like a kid sometimes walking around downtown.

Back