News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of rehabs encourage visits to AA during inpatient treatment. Part of rehab is learning how to establish a healthy routine & coping strategies for when you leave rehab. Most addicts aren't going to find their local AA meeting spot and show up for regular meetings all on their own after leaving rehab.

But these would be rehab supervised AA meetings, never going on your own.

I have years of experience dealing with different types of rehabs because a close family member of mine is an addict with comorbid psychiatric diagnoses (as is the case with most addicts). Rob is at a terrible rehab IMO based on my experiences. Reputable rehabs would never allow outings during the first 30 days, supervised or not.

I'm sure it's a lovely relaxing place. Anyone would feel 'amazing' at a luxury resort spa.

But addiction is a chronic illness that needs to be treated like any other chronic illness, in an actual medical setting. Spa-like rehabs minimize the seriousness of the disease. I think they reward 'bad' behaviour. They are scam artists. Relapse is great because every business loves repeat customers!

Sorry for the rant but I've seen rehabs like this perpetuate the cycle of addiction. They make my blood boil. I'm sure there are some hard working therapists there. But they are naive and brainwashed by that type of rehab industry.

Thank you for this! I have no experience with rehabs, I have no idea how they actually work, only how I expect them to work.

Being let out to go to AA? Yeah. I'd say that's pretty damn weird for an inpatient. Anything is possible I suppose, but it's a pretty big wtf to me.

Thank you!!! So I'm not being a weirdo alarmist, this is strange.

eta: It appears there is a twitter deluge of people asking the cbc reporters who verified the rehab claim to clarify some points of the story and some follow up (including a few journalists like Andrew Mitrovica). Maybe we aren't the only ones who are "overthinking" the situation...

Last edited:
Plenty of rehabs encourage visits to AA during inpatient treatment. Part of rehab is learning how to establish a healthy routine & coping strategies for when you leave rehab. Most addicts aren't going to find their local AA meeting spot and show up for regular meetings all on their own after leaving rehab.

But these would be rehab supervised AA meetings, never going on your own.

I have years of experience dealing with different types of rehabs because a close family member of mine is an addict with comorbid psychiatric diagnoses (as is the case with most addicts). Rob is at a terrible rehab IMO based on my experiences. Reputable rehabs would never allow outings during the first 30 days, supervised or not.

I'm sure it's a lovely relaxing place. Anyone would feel 'amazing' at a luxury resort spa.

But addiction is a chronic illness that needs to be treated like any other chronic illness, in an actual medical setting. Spa-like rehabs minimize the seriousness of the disease. I think they reward 'bad' behaviour. They are scam artists. Relapse is great because every business loves repeat customers!

Sorry for the rant but I've seen rehabs like this perpetuate the cycle of addiction. They make my blood boil. I'm sure there are some hard working therapists there. But they are naive and brainwashed by that type of rehab industry.

The only benefit I can see from this type of rehab, is that it may be the only type of rehab that people with money and status will agree to go to.

I'm fairly certain that if that second woman who was with her hadn't been there, she probably would have told a lot more than she did.

She did make an effort to shut her mouth. And even then it was close. This woman simply cannot stand not answering questions thrown at her.

She did make an effort to shut her mouth. And even then it was close. This woman simply cannot stand not answering questions thrown at her.

And this could be a very good thing -- for us! For Rob, probably not so much, but who cares.

Parks Department Recommendation:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-25682.pdf
Motion:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-24151.pdf

Etobicoke York Community Council Decision:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-25683.pdf

Motion was forwarded by...... Frances Nunziata. What a surprise. Note that Rob Ford declared a conflict of interest and refrained from voting, even though the decision was not "both financially beneficial to the city and financially beneficial to (himself)".

To be fair: were I on Council at the time, I wouldn't have challenged the naming. (Note: "at the time". Before "everything" happened.)

The more that this goes on, the more I am convinced that RF is going to die.
Last year, I thought he would go to jail.
Earlier this year, I thought he would get booted out in Oct.
Now I think he is just too stupid, too addicted, and too rich, to stop himself before he hits a brick wall...or a tree...or another car.
The only thing that would stop him from dying is his insane luck.

WHY did she leave her watch in his room? Why did she take it off? Hm?

I think you're being facetious, and rightly so! But anyhow, having watched that video it's quite clear she's saying things to the impound worker that she had rehearsed. It's definitely NOT a watch she's looking for...what...who knows. I'm surprised the OPP hasn't commented on the impound allowing her to do so. Have they already searched her belongings for evidence of DUI etc? I would hope they have...

I think you're being facetious, and rightly so! But anyhow, having watched that video it's quite clear she's saying things to the impound worker that she had rehearsed. It's definitely NOT a watch she's looking for...what...who knows. I'm surprised the OPP hasn't commented on the impound allowing her to do so. Have they already searched her belongings for evidence of DUI etc? I would hope they have...

I hope more comes of all this and it starts with whatever is in her "stuff".

In the first video, when she was walking out of the building with the guy, I thought I heard her say "I have my FAC" [Firearms Acquisition Certificate]. Did anyone else hear that? If so, yes, she is exactly the kind of person who should have the ability to purchase and own guns. Also, why would she be telling that guy? Did she have a gun in Ford's Escalade that she needed to remove? Did I hear wrong?

1:32 -- "The police still have my license, so I have my FAC, like... (unintelligible)... I have an FAC..."

(Maybe that's what she said, I am not absolutely positive).

Much of the audio was muddled and unintelligible, but she did use the word "license" at another spot in that section as well. Just conjecture here, but I would guess that she was referring to using her FAC to identify herself. (Especially in rural parts of Canada, an FAC can be used as official government-issued i.d. because it has an expiry date, date of birth, photo and signature, and is issued by a federal government agency, the RCMP. And given the fact that a well-known photo of her was taken with a gun in hands, it's not a stretch to think she would possess an FAC.)

Good catch on that, VP, and good catch on the teenage-inspired "oh, nice watch, I have a watch too, but I... I...; oops I better stop talking now".

Last edited:
The more that this goes on, the more I am convinced that RF is going to die.
Last year, I thought he would go to jail.
Earlier this year, I thought he would get booted out in Oct.
Now I think he is just too stupid, too addicted, and too rich, to stop himself before he hits a brick wall...or a tree...or another car.
The only thing that would stop him from dying is his insane luck.
As much as I have avoided this train of thought, the reality seems to be pointing to an inevitable, epic end. As much as I love karma catching up with the bad guys, I had hoped he'd just fade into the background and live his life with his family. There is no way that will ever happen :(

We really need to ramp up the draft Doug for mayor campaign. And get Mikey on the ballot in Ward 2. When this shit goes down I want the full Schadenford.

Those photos are on her public profile. If she doesn't want people seeing them, she needs to change her settings :)

As much as I have avoided this train of thought, the reality seems to be pointing to an inevitable, epic end. As much as I love karma catching up with the bad guys, I had hoped he'd just fade into the background and live his life with his family. There is no way that will ever happen :(

You would think that rehab might have de-escalated things but apparently not. The RoFo news just keeps coming and the escalation in the last 2 months is epic so the ending is indeed likely to epic, and not in a good way. On the other hand, Kathy, being the longer term ADMITTED drug addict has not met within epic end so maybe the shared family girth and constitution will spare Robbie too.

1:32 -- "The police still have my license, so I have my FAC, like..."

(Maybe that's what she said, I am not absolutely positive).

Much of the audio was muddled and unintelligible, but she did use the word "license" at another spot in that section as well. Just conjecture here, but I would guess that she was referring to using her FAC to identify herself. (Especially in rural parts of Canada, an FAC can be used as official government-issued i.d. because it has an expiry date, date of birth, photo and signature, and is issued by a federal government agency, the RCMP. And given the fact that a well-known photo of her was taken with a gun in hands, it's not a stretch to think she would possess an FAC.)

Good catch on that, VP, and good catch on the teenage-inspired "oh, nice watch, I have a watch too, but I... I...; oops I better stop talking now".

Using it as ID makes a lot more sense than her getting arrested for impaired with a gun in the Escalade, and the police leaving the gun in there to be taken to the impound so she could pick it up later -- thanks!

Re "epic end" potential: remember how, in this thread a few days ago, talk of the sex video/teen hooker thing briefly flared up again. If anything can make him go Budd Dwyer or worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back