News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the Escalade get to Muskoka if Rob has been up there "the whole time"? Even if Rob was in town at the Timmies, wasn't it seen on his driveway after that?

Yes, but that was 'ages ago'. There does not seem to be any suggestion that it was seen in his driveway at any time from last Friday - the Bracebridge visit - onwards, and it was photographed (with a clear view of the license plate) in Bracebridge last Friday.

https://twitter.com/TorStarEditor/status/469316257422913536/photo/1

Michael CookeVerified account ‏@TorStarEditor

Thursday's Toronto Star front page -- Mayor Ford is back. pic.twitter.com/zcGygIYte7
View attachment 26801

I wonder if the news sites are getting as FordWeary as the average person?
It already feels like the backlash is growing (on twitter and other social media) where people don't want to hear about RF.

Until EVERYONE doesn't want to hear about RoFo, our work is not done.

So it is seeming more and more plausible that the plates were removed to avoid people knowing that was Ford's vehicle. Super smart move there, Robbie. He really is a criminal mastermind!

But who did it? Both the OPP and the pound said they didn't. That leaves who? Tow truck driver?

So, possible sequence of events: McRobb's busted, calls RoFo, he has the presence of mind to somehow instruct tow truck driver to remove the plates? That sounds implausible given RoFo's MO.

Another thing, aside from McRobb's blabber on video, there really isn't anything to tie the impounded Escalade to RoFo, is there?

Like PinkLucy said, somebody made a smart move here. Even though it will only postpone the inevitable.

"I try not to be a nosy neighbour,†said McRobb's neighbour, Gladys Kravitz.

Yeah, in terms of red flags that point to the exact opposite of what you're saying, "I try not to be a nosy neighbour" is right up there with "I'm not a racist, but..."

https://twitter.com/TorStarEditor/status/469316257422913536/photo/1

Michael CookeVerified account ‏@TorStarEditor

Thursday's Toronto Star front page -- Mayor Ford is back. pic.twitter.com/zcGygIYte7
View attachment 26801

I wonder if the news sites are getting as FordWeary as the average person?
It already feels like the backlash is growing (on twitter and other social media) where people don't want to hear about RF.

I think they are and I also think most of the media have come to the conclusion that Rob Ford can't win the election, so they don't want to dedicate as much time and resources to him (coupled with the fact that they aren't making us much as they used to and the newspaper industry is on the decline). And I think it shows and it's frustrating people because they are still concerned that Rob can still win the election (as someone previously mentioned this never pans out the way we think it should pan out) and that they will continue to get away with lying on a constant basis and people are fed up with that. I also think there's an element of people on twitter who want to take things at face value, who trust the people reporting it (like the CBC). And then there are the people who just want to move on and focus on issues that actually matter, like carding, taxes and transit and they feel like the Fords are a distraction.

All that we have to go on is one person at the impound reported as saying that he did not remove the plates. Could well have been someone else at the impound. It is a relatively effective way to inhibit people from trying to get their car back by "self help" (i.e., sneaking it out without paying the towing and storage charges - probably more of an issue for a small impound in a rural area, compared to, say, a giant one in Toronto that would be much harder to try to sneak out of).

OK, this sounds more plausible than RoFo pulling off a tricky manoeuvre.

The only benefit I can see from this type of rehab, is that it may be the only type of rehab that people with money and status will agree to go to.

I agree on a certain level. Getting treatment is crucial and I would never criticize what gets the addict there in the first place. Hopefully something sticks to start the long process of managing addiction.

But the rich and famous are just like the rest of us. Look at someone like Lindsay Lohan. She's been to rehab 6 or 7 times now? All in exclusive or spa-like rehabs. I think it would be more helpful to receive treatment with people from all walks of life. It probably puts things in perspective when you're in group therapy with patients who ended up homeless because of their disease. Money and status won't protect everyone forever.

Yes, but that was 'ages ago'. There does not seem to be any suggestion that it was seen in his driveway at any time from last Friday - the Bracebridge visit - onwards, and it was photographed (with a clear view of the license plate) in Bracebridge last Friday.

So, if Rob has been up there since at least Timmies day, how did the Escalade, that was seen on RoFo's driveway since Timmies day get to Muskoka? Who drove it up there only to fall into the aether once they got there? OR does, as some feel, CBC has some 'splaining to do...

Almost 100% (say, Doug Ford 100%) off topic

Went to the opera tonight: Donizetti's Roberto Deveraux. (Extremely well sung, including by 'local boy' Russel Braun. COC chorus and orchestra supurb, as usual.) In attendance (row L, seat 11; and in the members' lounge at intermission): Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly.

Last edited:
I agree on a certain level. Getting treatment is crucial and I would never criticize what gets the addict there in the first place. Hopefully something sticks to start the long process of managing addiction.

But the rich and famous are just like the rest of us. Look at someone like Lindsay Lohan. She's been to rehab 6 or 7 times now? All in exclusive or spa-like rehabs. I think it would be more helpful to receive treatment with people from all walks of life. It probably puts things in perspective when you're in group therapy with patients who ended up homeless because of their disease. Money and status won't protect everyone forever.

Agree. But, most of all, you need the person to be really committed to quitting whatever they are addicted to. Lohan wasn't one of them. And neither, I think, is Ford.

Another thing, aside from McRobb's blabber on video, there really isn't anything to tie the impounded Escalade to RoFo, is there?

Well, there's always the Registration #. Surely, the impound would have to record that. Plus, it's visible from outside the vehicle. Seems it may be time for another UT undercover op.

So, if Rob has been up there since at least Timmies day, how did the Escalade, that was seen on RoFo's driveway since Timmies day get to Muskoka? Who drove it up there only to fall into the aether once they got there? OR does, as some feel, CBC has some 'splaining to do...

Clearly it was in Muskoka on Bracebridge day (last Friday), so obviously someone drove it up to there at some time after the post-Timmies day driveway sighting. (There is, as I said, no indication that it has been seen in his driveway every day since Timmies day; all we have is that it was seen in his driveway on one occasion shortly following Timmies day.) Who that someone was I do not know; but it could easily have been someone who drove it up there and then left by other means. (Just for example, maybe the ever-loyal Mikey.)

ETA: I am afraid that I do not understand your point re the CBC here. There is no doubt that the Escalade was photographed in the strip-mall parking lot in Bracebridge, and I do not doubt the post on UT that it was seen in RF's driveway in Etobicoke on one day shortly after Timmies day - leaving it that the only question is who drove it so that it was up in Bracebridge and when. How does the CBC get connected to that question, since it is entirely possible* that Ford was at GreeneStone for some period of time before someone drove the Escalade to Muskoka?

*NB Ford was photographed leaving his house without the Escalade on the day that he flew to Chicago from Buttonville; the question of when, after that time, he may have arrived at GreeneStone has no connection to the question of who drove the Escalade to Muskoka or when, following the post-Timmies day driveway sighting, that occurred.

Last edited:
May 22 has just begun and it's my arrest pool day. Just tingling all over in case something arresty happens. Otherwise it'll probably just be a normal, Ford clusterf*ck sort of day.

Well, there's always the Registration #. Surely, the impound would have to record that. Plus, it's visible from outside the vehicle. Seems it may be time for another UT undercover op.

The reason that we know that the Escalade is leased to Deco (versus the DF lie about being a gift, the RF lie about him saving up for it, etc.) is that some journalists did a PPSA (Personal Property Security Act) search at the time the Escalade appeared and found a record of it being leased to Deco. A lease for a term of 1 year or more normally gets registered under the PPSA and the PPSA registration normally includes the VIN (a/k/a vehicle identification number), which is marked on the vehicle in a few places, including on a plate riveted to the top of the dashboard and visible through the windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back