News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bothered by the fact that when Rob was spotted out, it was naturally assumed the blonde that was driving was his wife. Where any pics taken that would prove this? I think it is possible that it was McRobb driving as has been reported that she left rehab around that time and her neighbour saw his car parked in her driveway.

(Serious) The Mayor is missing? You mean Doug, you can't just call rehab to reach him???

http://www.cp24.com/news/doug-ford-...m-mayor-since-vehicle-was-impounded-1.1833243

This bit at the end is good. Seriously, Mr. Hotmail Lawyer, all the bits "in the middle" aren't important? He's the mayor of the country's largest city, and his decision-making isn't important?
Meanwhile, Mayor Ford’s lawyer Dennis Morris told CP24 on Thursday that he has no idea who McRobb is or why she was driving Ford’s Escalade.
Morris also said that he is pleased that Ford is seeking help, suggesting that his apparent decision to loan his vehicle to a woman charged with impaired driving is “not really important†in the grander scheme of things.
“He’s been down so long with all these videos coming out, it is time for him to do something and thank God he has,†he said. “From what I gather this (rehab) could save his life but all this stuff in between is not really important.â€

G&M: "But Northland’s [tow lot] owner, Bob Hoolans, ... said that no one else – except for Ms. McRobb, who came by briefly on Wednesday afternoon to pick up a duffle bag and some knitting supplies from inside the SUV – has had access to the vehicle."

View attachment 26834

Must.Not.Be.Tempted.To.Put.Dots.Together

What, like Rob escaped from rehab by being smuggled out inside a duffel bag?

Not really. I took her comment to mean that her driver's license was in the car and that she was using the FAC as identification.

The OPP kept her driver's license, as part of fthe "roadside suspension". I took it that she was saying that if they let her into the SUV she would be able to prove that the stuff is hers because the FAC (photo ID) was in her purse.

I'm going to say this with respect, casita, because I know I'm the rookie here, but:

I don't think it's too interesting about the FAC (if that is indeed what she said). She lives in the Muskokas - lots of people up there hunt and shoot. Here's my take:

Lee Anne's probably a decent woman from a decent family who's developed a really shitty addiction that has been a pain in the ass for her and people who care about her for years. She's probably tried more than just this one time to kick it. That would've been the long and short of it, but now - like so many others - she's now experienced the Rob Ford/Midas touch. How many people now have had their lives put under a magnifying glass (or have been hurt, killed, thrown out of windows, left jobless, or etc) by this man? God, I'd run away from him so fast.

I think that for Ford's part, this is probably another case not of malice but of spectacularly bad judgement. Again, Ford just stupidly figured that loaning his car (to an alcoholic who'd quite recently lost her own car) was a "nice-guy" way to "help out." We've seen this a million times - it's the story of Rob's life. He's the inept oaf with lots of money and a desperate need to be liked, who's also too stupid to realize that his car is going to attract more press than the Oscars, anywhere it goes, and that loaning it to a friend from rehab might somehow go wrong.

I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with having an FAC. I used to have one for duck hunting. But, I was trying to understand why she would mention it at the impound yard.

Thanks for your post, expat. ( One thing I've learned from this thread is, I would make a lousy detective! :D )

ETA: I now see others have mentioned the FAC may simply have been used as a form of ID at the impound yard. That makes sense.

The OPP kept her driver's license, as part of fthe "roadside suspension". I took it that she was saying that if they let her into the SUV she would be able to prove that the stuff is hers because the FAC (photo ID) was in her purse.

^This.

Last edited:
If that house is where I think it is, it's a very short walk to the LCBO in Bala. But isn't she living in Mactier?

Dunno. A poster here says Macteir - and that was the location for her now disconnected telephone number on 411 - and the Sun reporter says Bala.

^ LMAO Ottawan. And, you are right, it might not be a bad idea - better safe than sorry! < shudder >

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back