8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
dforthbroadview -- legit laughed.

The knitting I find fascinating. It seems to suggest she was using the vehicle rather casually and more than just a one time thing. Under what circumstances would she have her knitting with her? Imean, the duffel bag full of booze and drugs make sense, but knitting supplies? That's a head scratcher.

Knitters often carry their knitting with them. My wife knits, and often has something with her. If she's sitting on the subway, she'll knit. If she's watching tv, she'll knit, if we go to a concert, while we're waiting for it to start, she'll knit. It's what knitters do.

Knitters often carry their knitting with them. My wife knits, and often has something with her. If she's sitting on the subway, she'll knit. If she's watching tv, she'll knit, if we go to a concert, while we're waiting for it to start, she'll knit. It's what knitters do.

My wife is the same. Knitters gonna knits. It's like crack to them. Wait... Bad analogy.

Socks would be my first choice too... if it were not for a Ford being in the race.

Ford shmord.

I've been saying it for months: Ford's been a no-hoper from the start because he has no campaign team. It just hasn't looked that way so far because he's been able to trade on name recognition and his supposed record. His only campaign promises so far are to build unfunded subways, privatize garbage collection west of Yonge, and support Porter jets. He has yet to release a comprehensive platform for re-election, and I doubt he ever will. He thinks his record is a platform.

In 2010, he had a full campaign team - a savvy strategist (who LIVED in a room at Deco), a policy team (led by Towhey) and a solid communications team to broadcast his simple but effective messages. And they built a database of supporters into Ford Nation. What does he have now? Doug and only Doug. No vision, no platform, no grassroots campaign. Nothing.

As debates continue to take place, whether Ford is there or not, ideas and vision are going to matter. In that context, campaigns like Socknacki's will shine and Ford's will flounder.

It may seem like a Tory-Chow "anyone but Ford" horse race right now, but mark my words: Ford's campaign will fizzle on its own merits and you'll be able to vote your conscience.

I guess I'm a little out of the loop regarding Knitting Culture.

As for the FAC someone made the astute point that she may have mentioned it as a form of id as her possessions were in the vehicle.

Interesting that she would mention having an FAC.

"LeeAnne McRobb: I have an FAC, and all my stuff’s in the vehicle, my purse is in there."
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/21/leeanne-mcrobb-rob-ford-video_n_5369327.html

I'm going to say this with respect, casita, because I know I'm the rookie here, but:

I don't think it's too interesting about the FAC (if that is indeed what she said). She lives in the Muskokas - lots of people up there hunt and shoot. Here's my take:

Lee Anne's probably a decent woman from a decent family who's developed a really shitty addiction that has been a pain in the ass for her and people who care about her for years. She's probably tried more than just this one time to kick it. That would've been the long and short of it, but now - like so many others - she's now experienced the Rob Ford/Midas touch. How many people now have had their lives put under a magnifying glass (or have been hurt, killed, thrown out of windows, left jobless, or etc) by this man? God, I'd run away from him so fast.

I think that for Ford's part, this is probably another case not of malice but of spectacularly bad judgement. Again, Ford just stupidly figured that loaning his car (to an alcoholic who'd quite recently lost her own car) was a "nice-guy" way to "help out." We've seen this a million times - it's the story of Rob's life. He's the inept oaf with lots of money and a desperate need to be liked, who's also too stupid to realize that his car is going to attract more press than the Oscars, anywhere it goes, and that loaning it to a friend from rehab might somehow go wrong.

As for the FAC someone made the astute point that she may have mentioned it as a form of id as her possessions were in the vehicle.

Yes, that is the simplest plausible explanation. I could easily have been the only 'high quality' ID in her purse once the OPP kept her driver's license as part of the "roadside suspension".

dforthbroadview -- legit laughed.

The knitting I find fascinating. It seems to suggest she was using the vehicle rather casually and more than just a one time thing. Under what circumstances would she have her knitting with her? Imean, the duffel bag full of booze and drugs make sense, but knitting supplies? That's a head scratcher.

What if she was merely cottage sitting and also had access\keys for Ford's vehicle also parked there?

Not really. I took her comment to mean that her driver's license was in the car and that she was using the FAC as identification.

The cops would have her drivers license from the DUI. It may well be her only other ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back