News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's a real cute poem/rap about rob ford on reddit here

it was in response to a posting about metroman's tweet

i love how we have these 3 sources for news and they've started to feed off each other

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/April-2011/The-Alan-Keyes-Constant/

It's interesting (and somewhat predictable) that Rob Ford is polling on or near the Alan Keyes constant (27%). However, Ford's future poll numbers have a hard ceiling on them due to a population that understands Ford is not only an extremely distasteful individual but an extremely ineffectual politician. Conversely, it's going to be nearly impossible for his numbers to dip below the Keyes constant. Once Ford's handlers accept this, they'll realize that the easiest way for him to win this election is for him to boost Stintz' and Soknacki's numbers at the expense of Chow and Tory. There's not a lot of upside in Ford spending much more time and money on his own campaign, when the biggest bang for the buck is getting his staff and volunteers to boost Stintz and Soknacki.

You've got something there Unique. What *would* it take to drag the other candidates down to Ford’s level?

The quantitative numbers we’ve got stink. Until there’s something more conclusive to work with, imma gonna hold my nose. Besides, qualitative voter analysis is more interesting in my line of Armchair Psychology.

Let’s consider the Keyes Constant. 27% of the population is batshit crazy or wants to vandalize CH with more Ford. Note that RoFo has exactly 27% in the Forum poll reported in the star. Selah.

Now, has the Ford campaign absorbed all the crazy in Toronto? If so, there’s no getting more of the Keyes Constant folks out of the other campaigns to come over to Ford. They’re already there.

So how to drain the other candidates support down to less than batshit crazy 27%?

How about the “thinking man/woman� How many of that group (sorry, elite) now support Chow or Tory? How many might be enticed over to the real mayor for the thinking man/woman: Dave Soks? Many, perhaps, but some thinkers are thinking about voting strategically, dontcha think?

Similarly, how many Tory or Chow voters could be brought over to Stintz? If Karen Stintz is as dumb as she sounds, I’m not sure what she’s got to offer. Right-wing women voters who ride the TTC a lot? I’m lost there.

Conversely, if Stintz quit and supported Ford, how many of her supporters would follow? Even if she threw in a free Metropass, I can’t see women who support Stintz going over to Ford. YMMV.

Still, I think this "drain-not-boost" strategy may have legs. Anybody else got 2 cents?

`I`ve never quit anything in my life`should be the headline.

quit.jpg

Attachments

• quit.jpg
    quit.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 719
Apparently by-law and park officials are going to be watching on Friday to make sure no camping is done at Ford Fest. How is Rob expected to sell any bubbleheads? Magnets? Ford Nation T-Shirts? Is the City now racist against capitalism? Is there no end to the persecution of the Fords? Should get interesting.

i know there were posts about doug comparing rob to obama, but were these posted?

Opinions on Rob Ford divide Toronto’s black community
Is he a "Robin Hood of the ’hood," or a privileged politician whose actions belie his words? One council candidate has penned an open letter questioning African Canadians’ support for the mayor.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...isive_figure_in_torontos_black_community.html

Why Are Black People So Committed to Supporting Rob Ford?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/anthony-morgan/rob-ford_b_5610527.html

Why I Lodged a Formal Complaint Against Rob Ford's Racist Comments

http://theagenda.tvo.org/blog/agend...l-complaint-against-rob-fords-racist-comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back