News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, that debate was one of the most disgusting things I've seen. No class, all heckling and shouting.

These guys have no right to lay their hands on the protesters. It's fine to disagree with them, but threatening and assaulting them is against the law. Criminals attract other criminals I suppose.

The ruckus took place out of the mayor's sight, although a man who appeared to be on the mayor's team insisted that everyone was welcome to attend Ford Fest.

http://www.cfra.com/NationalCP/Article.aspx?id=429986

Oh dear god please no, as humorous and satirical as that is. I already got asked more than a few times if I carry a gun when I say I'm from Scarborough. If this is how Rofo and Thug shows their love for Scarborough, I think there's another term that's closer to the truth. And it has nothing to do with love.

I bet a lot of those people were not even from Scarborough. This rally has attracted some of the worst misfits in GTA. Love to see the "rap sheets" on some of them.

"Promises made, promises kept"
vious of
Camping sentence. I emailed the IC and it's amazing how they've all gone on vacation.

In fairness, it is summer, and this Fordfest has only been in the works for a week, or a little more.

ETA - I say this as someone who was hoping to have vacation time in a week, but realistically is too busy and won't be able to till Sept. and is envious of those who can.

Last edited:
BtbYN-ZCAAE2OB_.jpg

https://twitter.com/siomo/status/492818945951670272

Attachments

• BtbYN-ZCAAE2OB_.jpg
    BtbYN-ZCAAE2OB_.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 739
In fairness, it is summer, and this Fordfest has only been in the works for a week, or a little more.

ETA - I say this as someone who was hoping to have vacation time in a week, but realistically won't be able to till Sept. and is envious of those who can.

Yeah I know. But it feels better to bitch about it lol

To further the "promises made promises kept", they handed out cards with that emblazoned back in April
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...ks-off-campaign-with-bobble-head-filled-party

"Ford supporters were handed postcards emblazoned with “promises made promises kept†that denoted a dozen accomplishments, such as cancelling the car tax and contracting out garbage collection, and asked to fill out their name, and contact information on another card"

As an aside, is Doug's "turning point in the campaign" comment the first time anyone from thatt side has acknowledged the fact that they actually need a turning point? Up until now, I only remember hearing them talk about it being an absolute cakewalk.

Also, I always referred to the church and Wellesley area as the Gayberrhood.

I've never had more contradictory feelings about anyone in this whole mess than I've had about her. Part of me wants to shake her, another part wants to hug her.

Most recent response to that tweet:

@RobFordFactsCA 3m
@leeeee34 @r4v4g3dsku11s Rob's pretty cheap so no point trying to get him to man up. Know anything valuable? Some mags pay for excl. stories

I can't look away.

If she's posting and interacting on a public twitter feed then I'd say she's fair game - to a point. Nobody's harassing her or anything.

Ford Nation.

What a pathetic flock.

The weak and marginalized in Toronto mobilizing around a multi-millionaire with eight properties in two countries who not only could care less about their predicaments, but actually takes advantage of the illicit services and offerings in these communities. These communities return the favour by claiming Ford is "one of us," and "stand up for the little guy" because he once fixed a laundry machine in a carefully organized photo-op at their apartment, all the while he votes time and time again against programs, services and grants that would directly assist and mobilize these neighborhoods.

I'm embarrassed to be from Toronto. What a bunch of fools. Hate-filled and bitter.

Can we stop blaming Scarborough? In 2 media reports, 1 person came from Peterborough and another from Kingston. These people are from all over the place.

I shouldn't have said that about Scarborough. Not even in jest.

It was from growing up in Etobicoke, even though most of us had never been east of Yonge St.

"Scarborough suitcase" was another.

Like I said, I suspect many of the misfits at the rally were from all over the GTA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back