News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I'm willing to bet half of IHTWOMRF believes that Rob donates his salary to charity.
This is true. I've had that discussion with people. They are so uninformed and, ok -- stupid, that they don't even know which Ford said what. Doug's promise to donate to charity has benefitted Rob unfortunately.

Very true. Cancer can ravage you for years or for a very short time. Doug Sr. died three months after his diagnosis. My wife's grandma took six months to succumb to it.

Plus late diagnosis is pretty common too, and general malaise is often blamed on something else until it is way too late.

AoD

From all accounts, his pain is being managed (read: he's getting opioids) so I doubt he's having withdrawal symptoms. One of the side effects of opioids is nausea though.

Yeah, my wife has had a few surgeries where morphine is given post-op. We always make sure a note goes into her chart for the recovery nurses to start gravol as soon as she can have it in order to mitigate the severe vomiting (along with stiff/painful neck and shoulders) it causes her. Of course, the gravol makes her sleepy, but that's better than throwing up repeatedly.

If it's just a blockage wouldn't they normally use an NG tube or similar mechanism to drain stomach fluids and prevent the vomiting? If he's still vomiting after multiple days in hospital I'd have to think it's due to something more than the obstruction.

Yes a NG tube or similar mech. would be useful in the short term while they remove the blockage. In this case after several days it still would be a blockage, just not one that can be treated with easy methods like laxatives/stool softeners/enemas or scoping things; resection if possible would be used. Remember, any inflammation from infection to polyps can be a blockage, including strictures from things like Crohns Disease or ileitis. On the up side, vomiting and such is a great way to lose weight.

If Jimmy T's contacts are right then the situation may be FUBAR.

Oooooh! Looks like we have a veritable JimmiT vs. MetroMan showdown!!!!

That's right, an EPIC battle between Ford family sources! And this one is FTW: there can only be ONE winner!!!!

(Ok, maybe not. Turns out they could both be right if Ford's original benign tumour was diagnosed incorrectly.)

Given three months... both could be right.

If a terminal diagnosis comes out on Wednesday, does the ITO information still come out on Friday?

I would think so. A lot of people have worked on this for a very long time. People hate to see there efforts come to naught.

A guy I know has lived almost a year longer than doctors told him he had. He just got his real estate licence.

Yes, some people do make pretty incredible recoveries despite a terminal diagnosis.

Plus late diagnosis is pretty common too, and general malaise is often blamed on something else until it is way too late.

AoD

I don't wish death on him to be sure, but he apparently ignored it in favor of political ambitions.

If it indeed a nasty dx, why is Doug telling the press he'll ramp up his campaign once he gets over this "little bump" with his brother? Terminal cancer is no "little bump".

It would be for Dougie, the Ford Family brand would survive and get those extra martyr points.

A lot of people have worked on this for a very long time. People hate to see there efforts come to naught.
Hmm. Makes you wonder if individuals within the TPS were to think he might keel over, that they would expedite anything serious they were planning to charge him with for similar reasons.

I don't wish death on him to be sure, but he apparently ignored it in favor of political ambitions.

In all fairness, Rob Ford wouldn't be the first person to put off seeking medical treatment for something they really don't want the answers to.

I really have a hard time believing anyone, even RoFo, would put politics ahead of their life.

I really have a hard time believing anyone, even RoFo, would put politics ahead of their life.
In all fairness, many have risked their lives for a political cause. Not necessarily in this manner though ...

But you know the wingnuts will martyr him nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back