News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ford has metastasized, terminal cancer, all I can think of is WTF is his family thinking? All of them. Except maybe Kathy who has been strangely unaccounted for.

What makes you think they do any sort of thinking at all?

If it's just a blockage wouldn't they normally use an NG tube or similar mechanism to drain stomach fluids and prevent the vomiting? If he's still vomiting after multiple days in hospital I'd have to think it's due to something more than the obstruction.

Don't know much about addiction withdrawal other than what I learned from the movie Trainspotting but would withdrawal cause nausea/vomiting?

And, Wormintongue's bit about the Rubbie gasping for breath and what not: a) wouldn't his bronchi be irritated if he had a bronchoscopy performed? b) wouldn't his respiratory system and throat be irritated if the biopsy procedure used required an endotracheal tube? I know my throat was irritated after surgeries requiring intubation and I, too, have asthma. Wormy makes it sound as though Rubbie's dying of lung cancer.

My biggest fear with this whole situation is that Rob will die, and the media will go into full Saint Rob mode.

I don't wish cancer on anyone, but the fact is that Rob was a bad mayor, had a whole pile of unsavoury associates, and engaged in both illegal and questionable activities on numerous occasions. Whatever age he dies at and from whatever cause, that is his legacy.

That's terrible news.

Making him run in Ward 2 makes even less sense.

Is there any indication that there could be cancer-causing side-effects from any of various drugs he's admitted to using?

If Ford is going to keel over then the "correct" move for the family is for him to stay in and win Ward 2. That way they can manage the transition (via election or appointment) to another family member or a family-friendly candidate. Ceding the race to Domise now would give up a very cheap option in exchange for no value.

Wonder how long they'll try to keep the results quiet? Another pool? If we hear anything before this Friday, I'll be surprised.

When Dougie finally gets around to starting his camping that he announced to begin on Monday but got schooled in COI and election laws.

Pre-biopsy speculation.

Apparently it's likely terminal cancer--very serious. Source could be wrong of course.

If the biopsy has not been completed how could anyone know? There is so much speculations, I suspect a strong case of
speculatotis.

Don't know much about addiction withdrawal other than what I learned from the movie Trainspotting but would withdrawal cause nausea/vomiting?

And, Wormintongue's bit about the Rubbie gasping for breath and what not: a) wouldn't his bronchi be irritated if he had a bronchoscopy performed? b) wouldn't his respiratory system and throat be irritated if the biopsy procedure used required an endotracheal tube? I know my throat was irritated after surgeries requiring intubation and I, too, have asthma. Wormy makes it sound as though Rubbie's dying of lung cancer.

From all accounts, his pain is being managed (read: he's getting opioids) so I doubt he's having withdrawal symptoms. One of the side effects of opioids is nausea though.

Demerol can make you vomit pretty often. I've been given it and it works so wonderfully you don't care if you throw up.

If the biopsy has not been completed how could anyone know? There is so much speculations, I suspect a strong case of
speculatotis.

Just because the family or medical team hasn't released all the details does not mean they don't know something. Simply looking at a mass, most surgeons can tell if it's malignant or benign. Likewise, you can tell very quickly by looking at cells under a microscope whether they are malignant or not by their characteristics.

My thoughts all along have been he has a malignant tumour that has likely spread. I felt this after hearing Dr. Cohen speak (refusal to disclose the size, and some other things that made me think).

It is completely understandable that the medical team and family would wait until they have the full picture before making any further statements. They need to identify the type of cancer to formulate a treatment plan, they need to stage it, they need to have results from the lung (and potentially other site) biopsies to be able to determine the nature and origin of those tumours.

We all know that further updates bring further questions. I think it's entirely reasonable that the medical team, and the Ford family, wait until they have answers to those questions before having another press conference.

Demerol can make you vomit pretty often. I've been given it and it works so wonderfully you don't care if you throw up.
Oh, I disagree. I begged them to stop giving it to me so I would stop throwing up -- plus they were going to insert a nose tube because of the vomiting. I felt so much better after they stopped it.

If Ford is going to keel over then the "correct" move for the family is for him to stay in and win Ward 2. That way they can manage the transition (via election or appointment) to another family member or a family-friendly candidate. Ceding the race to Domise now would give up a very cheap option in exchange for no value.
Though they had a viable (based on the polls at least) candidate with Michael Stirpe. If this is as dire as they make out, then they might not have anyone on the ballot.

Rob will still be on the ballot no matter his condition, but I doubt that he would tell people not to vote for him even if he was on borrowed time. He just can't be that humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back