News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

i went to the Chow-Tory-Goldkind mayoral debate today, and a mayoral debate broke out --

squirrel-duck-beaver.jpg

Ari had the afternoon's best zinger to Tory -- "there's a reason your financial plan is called a scheme"

Attachments

• squirrel-duck-beaver.jpg
    squirrel-duck-beaver.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 556
… What can possess a guy to take a run at the mayor's job in a town where he's just despised?.
Is he despised outside of the small percentage of people who pay attention to city politics? We know that he's a mean-spirited prick, but we've also been aware that Rob is a racist, criminally associated fool and that hasn't had any impact on a third of the city's voters. Maybe others will see Doug as more responsible than Rob, as the more legitimate businessman. That was the impression I had from the streeters I've seen on the news since the switcheroo. Broadcast media is already validating his campaign with their spin on the Forum poll ("Doug Ford enters the campaign in second place competitive with Tory, eight points above where brother Rob was"). He's running on the same strategy that both Tory and Stintz thought was the ticket to the office: Rob Ford's policies without the crack. Few of the surprises of the Ford years were predicted despite all the chattering, don't know why we're so confident about calling this one now. There's no great love anywhere for John Tory. If Rob proves to be seriously ill the sympathy vote will be considerable. All those elderly Italians and Asians who work like dogs and church-going blacks in the suburbs will fall into Ford Nation. If Rob finds miraculous cure in the next couple weeks, his strange authenticity will be working hard to get his brother elected. He seems to genuinely look up to the guy. What if he comes out with what many people eat up as a heartfelt apology for his many mistakes, coupling it with an appeal to continue the work of cleaning up the city that they set out to do?

^ methinks you've outlined key scenarios that the FraudNation assholes have vignetted in their strategies. It's up to a really strong contender to be ready to counter these things. We are being played, right now, and I wonder what percentage of the other voters know that. You know what -- I am looking forward to the poll results this week. I've got a strong feeling that the percentages will start to firm up quite soon, and that DuhFo is far more offensive than even we think he is at this time.

can hardly find the words to describe what the past few days have meant, there were two callers on CBC's Ontario Now noon show who said they would vote for Doug Ford as mayor.
I really do not like to cast aspersions on other people's mental faculties but seriously these two women need to be seen by doctors STAT.
It is almost incomprehensible what has happened, the Goon Show from North Etobicoke rattles on. UN believable, un fricking believable.
If we have another 50% turnout in 6 weeks I am DONE, just fricking DONE

can hardly find the words to describe what the past few days have meant, there were two callers on CBC's Ontario Now noon show who said they would vote for Doug Ford as mayor.
I really do not like to cast aspersions on other people's mental faculties but seriously these two women need to be seen by doctors STAT.
It is almost incomprehensible what has happened, the Goon Show from North Etobicoke rattles on. UN believable, un fricking believable.
Doug Ford will not win, and if he does, this city will undergo some changes that will be ugly.

Mark Carcasole @MarkCarcGlobal
New poll by @ipsosreid for @globalnews on Mayoral race:

Tory 43%
Chow 29%
D. Ford 28%

Bizarrely and unbelievably, one of them claimed that she had never voted for Rob Ford and had not been considering voting for him this time but after seeing how the family had pulled together and treated each other she was now convinced to vote for Doug. I can't even begin to comprehend how that is possible so I assume she was some type of paid shill.

Doug pulled in all of Rob's support. I wonder if that stays consistent until the election.

Depends if you believe a poll with a sample size under 600 and a margin of error of about 4.5. I'm more inclined to believe 16% in the Mainstreet poll. They actually released their methodology and sampling weights! Arguably all pollsters should be required to do so...

Back