News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Now that we have an answer to the hospital drama, can this thread move on? Really we don't need to parsing his medical situation and he has the right to get sick and not be forced out of his job, just like anyone else.

Disagree with some of this: Moeser clearly wasn't serving his ward during prolonged absences. In a situation like this, you step down and let someone else do the job. Moeser and Mammo aren't role models for how St Rob should behave. He should step down, absolutely.

Agreed on looking forward to the next ITO.

Yes, and astrologically, he's in for a really tough time starting at the end of November, when Saturn comes to bite his ass.

DISCLAIMER: This is for entertainment purposes only.

His ass too?! Oh my! ;)

Basil Fawlty:."it's all about bums with you people, isn't it?"

So just to summarize up todays events:

1) Rob isn't really all that healthy.
2) He's gonna have a few days where he feels like crap,
3) Some day he might even die from his health issues.

OK, so what part of this is new?

Is he actually going to live long enough to die from cancer? He's still a crack smoking alcoholic.
Don't think any of that's going to change. He's been in the hospital before, and nothing changed.

Rob's diagnosis changes nothing. He is still who he was, except that he is now verified as having a serious disease, not an enhancement to his humanity. Doug is unaffected by the whole thing. Neither of the two are capable of handling the affairs of the electorate. I hope Rob beats this monster but that does not change the fact that neither deserve the office they seek.

At minimum, he showed poor journalistic judgment with his "lung scoop." If Rob is doped up on pain meds, I'll give him a pass for making a mistake. Warmington and the Sun's editors should have considered that in their decisions on what to report. It doesn't matter that Joe's a "columnist" (I'd use other words), he still has a duty to evaluate the information he receives. I hope his next column includes an apology.

You would've thought Warmington had learned his lesson when he spread the whole "rehab is great, just like football camp...Ford's helping others" etc when it later turned out that Ford was a pain-in-the-butt patient who may have continued using. And now we know that Ford lied about having a "tumour" removed from his appendix. He may have said this to Warmington in he haze of pain meds, or outright lied, but Worms should've been skeptical.

So, the Fords knew the dx 3 days ago, after Doug gave his "passing of the torch" speech. Doug is indeed the worse of the two. Doug's camping site showing up an hour or two after the med update's kind of telling too (although it looks like he hired someone slightly better than whoever put up RoFos.

I am feeling really bad for Andrey Domise. Hopefully between chemo stays RoFo can attend a debate. With the "ill Mayor Rob Ford" any debate would be highly followed.

SAL is going off on conspiracy theories but the doctor today showed Ford faked a cancer scare just a few years ago.

I was quite surprised that he said that, and also that he said there was no lung biopsy. This press conference was the most honest, straightforward press conference regarding the Fords ever, only because they weren't present.

Every single time someone dares be critical of Doug, he will say "my brother has Cancer!"

And my mom actually died of Cancer - Welcome to the club - actually hopefully not asshole. Now what will you be doing to convince me to vote for you???

I was quite surprised that he said that, and also that he said there was no lung biopsy. This press conference was the most honest, straightforward press conference regarding the Fords ever, only because they weren't present.

Wonder if the hospital insisted on doing this without the Fords. So they weren't sucked into the squirly Ford truthy nonsense vortex.

And my mom actually died of Cancer - Welcome to the club - actually hopefully not asshole. Now what will you be doing to convince me to vote for you???

I wouldn't be surprised if Doug does little to no camping. He knows that Fordites will still vote for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doug does little to no camping. He knows that Fordites will still vote for him.

I call absolute bullshit on that. If my brother was in the hospital under similar circumstances I would still be expected to show up for work and fully perform my duties, not be sitting next to a hospital bed for half the day, every day, weeping. I love my brothers more than life itself, but this illustrates the privilege this family has which even further disconnects them from me yet stupid Toronto voters don't "get it". Doug is totally playing the Rob is sick card, and don't anyone on this board believe for a moment that he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back