News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
she posted it a bit before 6 pm, before the debate, so I don't know why KWT would know what was gonna happen later. I would've that Iola would have a bit better grammar, for all her work with school boards.

Does the M4L that the Canada Post machine printed on the envelope indicate the postal code region of the sender... or the receiver? That postal code seems to be Leslieville/Beaches.

The stamp is cancelled by the post office or sortation centre that first processes the letter. M4L means it was processed at the Toronto South Central sorting facility on Eastern Avenue.

My Ward is "Ford Nation," but Thompson was actually a vocal critic of the outgoing mayor.

True, but it took a lot of emails and constant following up. It was incredibly frustrating to know that an incredibly intelligent smart business man would take so long to take a decisive stand against Rob Ford. I have to say I have more respect for him now. Not nearly enough to overlook his political ideology but enough to not be angry he is still councillor. We really do need term limits though.

I don't know that we ever determined the other letter was from Iola.

Today's letter, definitely the same writing.

Why do all these Ford Nationals write in shakeyhand all caps? Do they get it from Rob? Say, come to think of it, some of this stuff has a very RoFo cadence & phrasing.

True, but it took a lot of emails and constant following up. It was incredibly frustrating to know that an incredibly intelligent smart business man would take so long to take a decisive stand against Rob Ford. I have to say I have more respect for him now. Not nearly enough to overlook his political ideology but enough to not be angry he is still councillor. We really do need term limits though.

I emailed him about Ford Fest and while he couldn't be too critical, he disliked what they were trying to do. He got 83% of the vote last time and I don't think that changes on October 27.

christie blatchford @blatchkiki
The rest of what Mr. Cowan said, when people objected to his remark, was, "She's Chinese, she's not Canadian."

Nevertheless the whole scene was depressing, no? You would hope that even the crappiest Toronto mayoral campaign would never descend to that level.

Under the circumstance, I think it was more *depressing* that it didn't descend further still--though the relative non-presence of the "shirtless" foil may explain that, i.e. Ford Nation reps were left to hoot and holler all by their lonesome, relatively unchecked, unprovoked, notwithstanding the fuzz tackling Iola, Dave Price et al. Otherwise, the bloody-soccer-riot scenario I've long warned about would have come to pass--certainly the "energy" was there to trigger such a thing...

Last edited:
I like your style.
I'm not from TO, and impressed how much this thread has (sneakily) taught me about TO geography, history and muni politics.

Could you please give me a top 10 Assholes of Toronto list?
(Would Woms make the list?) Thanks.

1: Rob Ford
2: Doug Ford
3: Diane Ford
4: Joe Warmington
5: Sue Ann Levy
6: The Ghost of Doug Ford Sr
7: David Price
8: Mark Towhey
9: Nick Kouvalis
10: CP24

I think you know well that these days it's not about the truth, it's about whoever yells the loudest.

~~~
Doug won tonight, Tory has a fight on his hands for the next month. He needs to maintain his lead because Doug is not going down without a fight.

Doug is the only one dealt a knock-out punch on that Pride question. But confirming his homophobe status on live tv isn't much a revelation I'm afraid.

Why do all these Ford Nationals write in shakeyhand all caps? Do they get it from Rob? Say, come to think of it, some of this stuff has a very RoFo cadence & phrasing.

maybe they think it makes their 'handwriting' more generic and less distinctive. but this person's block caps are pretty distinctive. The "G"s that look like sixes, the "N" with the very pronounced curve. On top of that you have the bad grammar and punctuation, inability to distinguish "you're" from "your"...

Doug is the only one dealt a knock-out punch on that Pride question. But confirming his homophobe status on live tv isn't much a revelation I'm afraid.

Got another Forum phone call tonight, asking about my views on school board trustee for a ward I haven't lived in for five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back