News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it was so depressing that we turned the debate into a drinking game. Every time Thug said "Folks"...*hic*.

maybe they think it makes their 'handwriting' more generic and less distinctive. but this person's block caps are pretty distinctive. The "G"s that look like sixes, the "N" with the very pronounced curve. On top of that you have the bad grammar and punctuation, inability to distinguish "you're" from "your"...

View attachment 34301

Chow started fairly lively at the start. She seemed to be flagging, and it's getting painful to watch. Chow needs to realize this is a fight against a bully and a liar.

And I think that is part is the bigger problem. Olivia is taking a beating because she is a female and she is not white. Combine that with the intimidation she must feel when placed beside bullies such as Rob or Doug. It is hard, especially for a tiny woman, to stand up to two much bigger and much louder and angrier men. Olivia by far has the best, most sensible (and I add economically as well) policies and positions in contrast to Ford or Tory but in this new world of Wrestmania\Monster Truck political insanity (added to a heaping dose of racism and sexism) rushed in by the classless thug Rob Ford Olivia does not stand a chance.

BTW, honest question is anyone else as afraid of some of the loons in Ford Nation? These are violent people.

And if you haven't previously heard much about the former MP from Calgary Whatever, get on the Hate Wagon today!

Ezra has just out-Ezra-ed himself by a margin much larger than most observers thought was possible.

Yeah, that was a gobsmacker. 'No panties' while talking about a person's mother, seriously?

Cooper, up-thread, was talking about Terence Corcoran and the adoption of personae by columnists. Levant may relish in such, but he's undone himself here is probably what happens. Or should. Mind you, Teneycke is a shameless media survivalist.

How does Doug manage that awful high-pitched squeal? "Folks!"

It's SO awful. Remember that day he was bellowing out "Have you ever smoked marijuana?" over and over in council? He sounded like Miss Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies.

It's SO awful. Remember that day he was bellowing out "Have you ever smoked marijuana?" over and over in council? He sounded like Miss Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies.

It might have a beneficial effect on his voice if Doug chain-smoked Kool cigarettes. That's what Nat king Cole did for his signing voice. ( Although he did die of lung cancer at age 45. )

Speaking of the Beverly Hillbillies, I would vote Uncle Jed Clampett for mayor now.

Love to see Shirtless Jogger and Iola in a shouting match. ;)

Last edited:
CityNews Toronto @CityNews
An exclusive Forum Research poll looks at how Doug Ford could change the mayoral election. Details on @CityNews at 11

More Forum polls...

Francis D'Souza @cityfrancis
EXCLUSIVE @ForumPoll finds half of respondents think Rob Ford should pull out of Ward 2 race #TOpoli

Didn't say if that was all of Toronto voting or just Ward 2.

Last edited:
If anyone speaks to someone in the next day or so who is NOT FN, but who WAS impressed with Doug Ford in the debate, please post your recollections and chit-chat highlights. They would be interesting, IMO.

Doug is getting his ass kicked with the Pride parade question. Nice to see.

Yes, Doug did get his ass handed to him, in the view of anybody who knows enough to be offended by his extended refusal to say "Hey, I haven't marched before but now that you have suggested it, John Tory, I will march more sincerely than you ever have," or something similar. That would have been easy for Doug to say if he really gave a shit about LGBT rights and freedom.

And it says something good about Toronto that a middle-to-right dude like Tory would keep hammering Doug the way he did.

Doug is obviously smarter than Rob on this issue, but I think Doug's even more evil. Doug's bluster wins with homophobes, and doesn't lose with fence-sitters who heard Doug say that he showed up and helped the parade out with some of his hard-earned private sector cash. I hope in the end that Doug is a big-time loser, but he needs to be dealt with like a serious malevolent force.

And I think that is part is the bigger problem. Olivia is taking a beating because she is a female and she is not white. Combine that with the intimidation she must feel when placed beside bullies such as Rob or Doug. It is hard, especially for a tiny woman, to stand up to two much bigger and much louder and angrier men. Olivia by far has the best, most sensible (and I add economically as well) policies and positions in contrast to Ford or Tory but in this new world of Wrestmania\Monster Truck political insanity (added to a heaping dose of racism and sexism) rushed in by the classless thug Rob Ford Olivia does not stand a chance.

I dunno. Olivia has more political and street savvy than both of them combined. She just needs to hone those precision strikes better. Where Doug is all noise, Olivia could calmly slit your throat and give you a little wink.

Read Andray Domise's tweets to get further insight into Doug's performance. Domise calls B.S. on many of DoFo's claims.

Shameful.

And I think that is part is the bigger problem. Olivia is taking a beating because she is a female and she is not white. Combine that with the intimidation she must feel when placed beside bullies such as Rob or Doug. It is hard, especially for a tiny woman, to stand up to two much bigger and much louder and angrier men.

I don't blame her physically shirking away from Rob on those past debates. And nearing the end of tonight's debate where it seems the few sensible, sane, and moderates in the audience either fled or filtered out leaving only the choicest nuts. It was absolutely ugly and disgusting.

Olivia by far has the best, most sensible (and I add economically as well) policies and positions in contrast to Ford or Tory but in this new world of Wrestmania\Monster Truck political insanity (added to a heaping dose of racism and sexism) rushed in by the classless thug Rob Ford Olivia does not stand a chance.

I'm not a fan of Chow as a candidate. I don't agree with many of her policies or politics, but I can certainly respect her tenacity and her creative arts background. And I agree with you. That Wrasslemania jeering crowd is ugly, and will always be ugly. I could not hear the exact jeers targeted at her, but looking at some of her expression I would not be surprised if it was something extremely out of bounds over the line garbage.

BTW, honest question is anyone else as afraid of some of the loons in Ford Nation? These are violent people.

Personally it brought me some bad memories of the bad old days in the country where I grew up.

jimhedger @jimhedger
For DoFo, it's all about ego. For @johntoryTO it's all about contacts, For @OliviaChow it's all about how a city really works. #ysw #topoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back