News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with Chinese vases per se, but I'm doubting that whatever lot of vases was purchased to put in a restaurant would fetch hundreds of thousands of dollars individually. Letting everyone know that your father got them on the cheap at auction is not a good advertisement for him as a discerning art collector.

"Bargoon Basement", the new dollar store for the discriminating thug trying to keep up with the Jones.

And now Doug's apparently saying he's 'got Italian blood running through' him. That sounds less like family history and more like some kind of weird transfusion scenario involving Mammoliti. Or Lisi.

This is a punch line of an old joke . "Do you have a little Italian in you ?" One lady to another at the salon

"No not right now."

Dear Christ! The "next first lady of Toronto?"

would focus on being a "great mayor's wife."
https://twitter.com/stephaniesmyth/status/522791476666060801

Christ, I thought Robbie was Irish, so the Fords are of Jewish Canadian Irish-Italian decent and are fluent in patois. Impressive.

"I've got a little bit of this, a little bit of that" Karla Ford on Doug Ford claiming she was Jewish on @CP24
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/522790184770093057

Archie Bunker: "You’ve got Salvatori, Feldman, O’Reilly, Nelson–that’s an Italian, a Jew, an Irishman and a regular American there. That’s what I call a balanced ticket."
http://jackrich.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/archie-bunkers-theory-of-representative-government/

Last edited:
The fact that Karla said "he's a good provider " in yesterday's interview as one of the first things she said about him speaks volumes. What woman says that in 2014?

The fact that Karla said "he's a good provider " in yesterday's interview as one of the first things she said about him speaks volumes. What woman says that in 2014?

Quite telling. Since Karla's thrown herself out there, has she had any type of career? I can see being super busy with 3 little girls, but they're all adults now.

It only went to grade 9 when I was a kid, I believe he extended the funding just before he retired. I just recently found out that there's another school board for the French Catholic kids. They built a new state of the art school around the corner from me that has 70 kids for K-6 in a building that is meant to accommodate 150. Basically a private school education without the cost, not a bad deal.

Four school boards in Ontario -- English Public, English Catholic, French Public, French Catholic. My two went to the opposite of a 'private school education without the cost' in the French Catholic system at Sacre Coeur elementary. Right beside St. James town so most of the kids French West African recent immigrants. They and one other girl were almost the only white kids in the school -- great education, though. Fully bilingual now (unlike 99% of French immersion kids), and, as per usual, a good principal and a couple of great teachers told the tale. Best was a math teacher from Chad. Dude was the most fierce elementary school teacher ever! My girls really loved that guy.

Quite telling. Since Karla's thrown herself out there, has she had any type of career? I can see being super busy with 3 little girls, but they're all adults now.

It's telling that DoFo and KarFo always say that they are the parents of "girls" and "young women". The youngest is around 20, so it's time to give that up. Just another example of how the women in that family (Grandma Succubus excluded) are constantly being infantilized.

Did anyone really pay much attention to TO Mayors' spouses much before? I know Renata Ford appears to be someone reclusive, but other than Marilyn Lastman (sometimes for the wrong reasons), have any mayoral spouses really been visible beyond the social scene?

Mrs. Lastman was our first Mega-City spouse.

Prior to her, we had six mayoral spouses, in addition to the Chairman's wife. All at the same time. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back