News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone really pay much attention to TO Mayors' spouses much before? I know Renata Ford appears to be someone reclusive, but other than Marilyn Lastman (sometimes for the wrong reasons), have any mayoral spouses really been visible beyond the social scene?

No, apart from on election nights. In fact I don't even recall if Hall or Rowlands actually had spouses or partners. Karla's talk about becoming 'first lady' is inappropriate, grasping BS. Where does she think we live?

It's telling that DoFo and KarFo always say that they are the parents of "girls" and "young women". The youngest is around 20, so it's time to give that up. Just another example of how the women in that family (Grandma Succubus excluded) are constantly being infantilized.

Even Mikey, who until the switcheroo was running for Councillor, seems to be referred to as "just a kid".

No, apart from on election nights. In fact I don't even recall if Hall or Rowlands actually had spouses or partners. Karla's talk about becoming 'first lady' is inappropriate, grasping BS. Where does she think we live?

Definitely no "Gracie Mansion" here.

was just leaving Harveys in Etobicoke when I saw a old Lincoln with a bumper sticker which said something about Jesus being Lord, and then about ten other signs saying Ford for Mayor. No idea how conservative Christians can justify voting for a Ford with everything that has happened. I can understand being conservative, even though I am not, but you would think you would at least like your leader not to be affiliated or be a crack head himself. Jesus himself is shaking his head somewhere.

It's telling that DoFo and KarFo always say that they are the parents of "girls" and "young women". The youngest is around 20, so it's time to give that up. Just another example of how the women in that family (Grandma Succubus excluded) are constantly being infantilized.
I think part of it is a defensive mechanism against the attacks they receive. In the interview last night, Karla mentioned the negative haters and her daughters in the same sentence as if they are little girls that cry when they see daddy attacked.

Quite telling. Since Karla's thrown herself out there, has she had any type of career? I can see being super busy with 3 little girls, but they're all adults now.

Well, I recall in the Star story after Switcheroo Friday, that Karla was described as a former adult cheerleader.

"We feared persecution."

Doug & Karla Ford discuss life on campaign trail

10/15/2014

Toronto elected its first Jewish mayor in 1955.

And the United States elected its first black president in 2008; what's your point? Ferguson, anyone?

Sorry, guys, but while I don't believe a single word of Doug & Karla's "Jewishness", it's pretty silly to suggest that there's no reason to hide it here in Canada, especially in the first half of the last century (Christie Pits riot, etc). Of course it's far, far from pogrom-level persecution, but it still exists.

Definitely no "Gracie Mansion" here.

I think it's only a matter of time before Toronto creates an official mayoral residence. We already have them at the federal and provincial levels.

Even Detroit has Manoogian Mansion, official residence of the Mayor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick#Manoogian_Mansion_party

"...a wild party involving strippers at the Manoogian Mansion, the city-owned residence of the mayor of Detroit."

Sounds like quite the party pad!

Last edited:
was just leaving Harveys in Etobicoke when I saw a old Lincoln with a bumper sticker which said something about Jesus being Lord, and then about ten other signs saying Ford for Mayor. No idea how conservative Christians can justify voting for a Ford with everything that has happened. I can understand being conservative, even though I am not, but you would think you would at least like your leader not to be affiliated or be a crack head himself. Jesus himself is shaking his head somewhere.

Right-wing Christians like Rob because of his anti-gay messaging. In the words of Iola Fortino herself:

"When he says he's not going to World Pride, that is the biggest thing you could do for us Mayor Ford, and we thank you," Fortino said. "We feel oppressed in every segment of society."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2014/07/20140725-215845.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back