News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Environmental Alliance and Elizabeth May For Chow

Elizabeth_May_Press_Conference.jpg

Olivia Chow was today endorsed by one of Canada’s leading environmentalists, Green Party Leader Elizabeth May. When Olivia was an MP, Ms. May seconded her bill calling for a long-overdue national transit strategy.

The endorsement comes after the Toronto Environmental Alliance ranked Olivia’s platform as the greenest last week.

“I’ve worked for a cleaner environment my whole career, and worked with Elizabeth May in Parliament,†said Olivia. “I’m very grateful for her support and look forward to working with people across our city to make it greener. Not only does it make a city more liveable, it helps deal with extreme weather events that climate change will make more frequent.â€

Attachments

• Elizabeth_May_Press_Conference.jpg
    Elizabeth_May_Press_Conference.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
My theory is that Doug's team's internal polling numbers are worrisome so they are rolling Rob out into the areas where Doug needs help.
I take Rob's presence at Driftwood as a type of intimidation. Vote for the Ford brand, or else. (I'm thinking about the posting about the Ford's traditional hold on Etobicoke in the Chicago tradition of the "old ward-healer".)

The discrepancy interesting. Two nights ago both polls called me within 5 minutes(yes, I have a landline and answer it because I want to influence polls in however a small way). I voted for Olivia both times in the hopes of upping her numbers. Btw, Forum asked if I had a landline or a cell. Mainstreet also asked who I would vote for in my riding. I think it was Mainstreet that gave me "other" as a choice ( tempted to vote for Ari, but stuck to Olivia). I agree with others that poll results are iffy because of interpretation.

I too have kept a landline for the very same reason....well...and as a medic alert solution. Ahem...now I have to inquire my own ass for the breach of my....ah christ.

Anyone but Ford...I'm sticking to it. We can have nice things in 2018 after 4 years of quiet time. Tory may prove to be a "Ford in sheep's clothing" but his style will be respectful and council has the collective will to respectfully take away his powers too. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing that Scarborough stubway get dragged back onto center stage and re-re-re-re-debated over and over again.

My gut instinct is that Tory will listen to city managers...will accept recommendations from experts...and actually read reports. That's good enough for me.

Jamie Watt the Big C Conservative

I followed Goldsbie's twitter at the debate tonight and chuckled at this comment.

Jaime Watt gets up out of his seat and gently steps out, rather than just turning into a bat to fly away.
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/522903654089912322

Later a commenter said it was harsh so now I am wondering if he was joking or is there something I don't know about Watt as I wasn't familiar with him until I googled him. Anyway I liked it :D
I like the comment in this twitter posting in which someone says, "Watt probably went to tell Peter Mansbridge what the think." There was Tory strategist (the Party, not the man) this morning telling Metro Morning listeners what to think in oh so neutral tone of voice, and yes... Tory the man is the most pure and competent politician ever to grace the Toronto scene. There was no mention of Jamie Watt's political alliances. I wanted to gag.

I take Rob's presence at Driftwood as a type of intimidation. Vote for the Ford brand, or else. (I'm thinking about the posting about the Ford's traditional hold on Etobicoke in the Chicago tradition of the "old ward-healer".)

Me and Toronto Mayor ROB FORD taking me in to vote !!!!

( Just a bit out of focus. )
http://instagram.com/p/uOd_Smr_td/#

What a pleasure meeting Mayor Ford, honestly such an inspiration especially after just doing chemo.. #FordNation
https://twitter.com/CGerrard19/status/522836229625090049

I too have kept a landline for the very same reason....well...and as a medic alert solution. Ahem...now I have to inquire my own ass for the breach of my....ah christ.

Anyone but Ford...I'm sticking to it. We can have nice things in 2018 after 4 years of quiet time. Tory may prove to be a "Ford in sheep's clothing" but his style will be respectful and council has the collective will to respectfully take away his powers too. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing that Scarborough stubway get dragged back onto center stage and re-re-re-re-debated over and over again.

My gut instinct is that Tory will listen to city managers...will accept recommendations from experts...and actually read reports. That's good enough for me.

Tory always spoke about the need for listening to experts and making rational, evidence based decisions on his radio show. I wonder if he'll go back to that way of thinking if he wins the election.

Could have been far more dodgy, for example he could have been handing out 20$ bills at the entrance, asking for support. Shameless scumbag.
He either doesn't get it, or doesn't want to, just like FN followers. They're either too stupid to understand they're being used by the Fords or they're assholes (like my neighbour) who don't care and want to stick it to people who follow the rules. Wow, what a way to go through life. Sad little people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back