News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier tweets by Domise indicate that his internal polling puts him statistically ahead of Ford and that even the Ford's internal polling has him at 31%. A strong ground game can put him over the top.

Does anyone think that the Ford camp has any plan for GOTV for Rob in Ward 2?

Obviously I don't want Doug to get in but honestly I have never viewed that as much of a possibility. So the far, far sweeter defeat to watch will be Rob in Ward 2---that's the one I'm crossing my fingers for. I hope we get to watch them squirm and scramble to throw together the ground game they never thought they needed... in fact, I think Diane and Karla out in the cold, deigning to meet with the commoners, is evidence it's already happening. Which makes me happy to think about. Cancer shmancer, I want this to be an utter deer-in-the-headlights loss. Because fuck Rob Ford.

Last edited:
Yippee! We made the New York Times again:

"Toronto on a Bender"

"Now that Toronto’s most famous and most grotesque son will definitely not be mayor again, the mild-mannered citizens of Toronto will go to the polls with some relief on Oct. 27. After four years of being led by a violent addict, the quiet life has a profound appeal."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/o...l?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

Doug's obnoxious RV just pulled into my office parking lot --presumably for the interview he's late for at The Edge.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 40s40 seconds ago
"I'm not Rob and Rob knows that" Doug Ford on @am640oakley #TOpoli #RobFord
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 39s39 seconds ago
"Rob excels in so many things that I don't" Doug Ford to @am640oakley #TOpoli

Kind if odd to admit that.

Doug's obnoxious RV just pulled into my office parking lot --presumably for the interview he's late for at The Edge.

He never showed up for that.

And he told them that he had issues with parking which is a complete lie. His interview was at 8:30 and I watched him pull in at 9:10 and park with no problems.

Apparently John Stall of 680News is doing one on one interviews with the three main candidates at 7:30 tomorrow, Wednesday (Chow and Tory, can't recall which day for which), and Thug on Friday. Will be interesting to see if he shows up for that one. The parking excuse will be able to be used again as they will have to navigate the mean streets of downtown to get to Bloor & Jarvis and I'll be the Ford RV won't fit in the garage at 1 Ted Rogers Way (or whatever the address is).

And he told them that he had issues with parking which is a complete lie. His interview was at 8:30 and I watched him pull in at 9:10 and park with no problems.

Parking problems? With an RV? Really?

I'm thinking we should start referring to Doug's Lincoln SUV as the Folkswagen.

I made up the Tory thing.
The text of her "apology" and calling Olivia "worn out" was real; right in her lead sentence.

Well, campaigning is hard work. But she wouldn't know that, having done such a half-assed job of it when she ran for MPP in St Paul's in 2009 ... and then conceded defeat with the same 'need to spend time with family' explanation that she mocked David Miller for when he decided not to run for mayor again.

Yippee! We made the New York Times again:

"Toronto on a Bender"

"Now that Toronto’s most famous and most grotesque son will definitely not be mayor again, the mild-mannered citizens of Toronto will go to the polls with some relief on Oct. 27. After four years of being led by a violent addict, the quiet life has a profound appeal."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/o...l?smprod=nytcore-ipad&smid=nytcore-ipad-share

"Doug Ford has great experience in doing the job of a Mayor, since he has been his brothers right hand and apologist. The others have no experience." Umm...

"Me, I am voting because I feel tremendous guilt in the inhumane way that entire family was treated. Many of us will give him the sympathy vote." My god, SO GROSS. This is really the thought process of these people??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back