News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Rob Ford hates Renata and the kids. He straight up hates them.

Is that inside info, Gavin, or just a well-educated guess?

I think it's silliness. He is a bad father, he doesn't know how to show love and support, and his kids probably make him uncomfortable (due to guilt over the fact that he selfishly neglects them and is a failure), but I doubt he 'straight up hates them.'

I've seen 12 year old internet trolls with a better grasp of the English language and logic than SAL.

Gotta feel bad for Warmington. At least SAL is a bit older, and will likely retire when Post Media gives her the pink slip. Warmington is going to have to find a new job, and there aren't many papers which will hire him with his portfolio. His best bet will be to get in with Fox News in the US, but even then they will have to overlook the fact that he spent the last 4 years defending a crack head.

Joe has a face made for radio, and consequently there is zero chance of him appearing on anyone's television with any degree of regularity in the Toronto media market, let alone a broadcaster based out of New York.

Joe has a face made for radio, and consequently there is zero chance of him appearing on anyone's television with any degree of regularity in the Toronto media market, let alone a broadcaster based out of New York.

How about "journalism instructor" at a community college in a town without a newspaper?

"people's" , "real" - there's them words again folks

And there's "People's Shock Troops" (Mussolini), "People's Liberation Army" (Chinese Communist), "People's Republican Army"" (Irish troubles, not a Yankee militia)

Are you thinking of the Irish Republican Army? There was a People's Republican Army in Spain during the Civil War.

I've noticed that, in the photos of Rob I've seen in the past 48 hours, there is a noticeable lack of the 'adoring selfie' factor. No cute girls in the club, no posing with the bros, just Rob wandering around, shuffling along aimlessly. Most people seem to be keeping at arms' length and many are sneering, scowling or just looking on in disapproval from a distance. Allegedly, some have been yelling and heckling.

Maybe my perception is playing tricks but, to me, things seem to be pretty different.

I actually had a dream last night where I came across rob making his way to a polling station to campaign illegally. I let loose on him full "shirtless jogger" style: the failed policies, the corruption, his inability to perform as an actual executive, work hours, the lies, drugs, Lisi and the envelopes... everything. I went on for quite some time - interspersing my criticisms with honest wishes for his health to get better (!). He was speechless and sweating profusely (no surprise).

I woke up feeling great. It was quite cathartic to get the chance to let all that's been building up out and on to the man that has wasted 4 years of Toronto's time and opportunities. Unfortunately, we won't have the chance to see him lose the mayoral race officially... but, seeing doug crushed will have to do.

I can't wait until I can stop thinking about this piece of human garbage.

Last edited:
Andray Domise @AndrayDomiseTO · 18h 18 hours ago
1. A couple requests. Please do not send donations to my campaign. Send them to other progressive candidates #TOpoli

2. I appreciate the support you have shown for my campaign. Very, very much. But we're good. Send the money where it's needed most #TOpoli

3. Candidates like @BuraleWard1, @Keeganhm, @VoteLekan, and @torontodan need the financial help to build a progressive council #TOpoli

4. What is needed most right now in #ward2 - bodies. There are specific neighborhoods where a high turnout will put me over the top #TOpoli

Earlier tweets by Domise indicate that his internal polling puts him statistically ahead of Ford and that even the Ford's internal polling has him at 31%. A strong ground game can put him over the top.

Does anyone think that the Ford camp has any plan for GOTV for Rob in Ward 2?

Second in the series of SAL twattle... there are too many passages for me to deal with right now, but you will notice the framing is almost opposite of Dougie's gobble-fest:

Olivia Chow fighting to the end
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/19/olivia-chow-fighting-to-the-end

I love it! I love that the Doug article opens with how awesome he is and how all these people (nearly a dozen!) came up to him, proving he's not an anti-Semite and he smiled graciously...

...but Olivia? She keeps saying she's fine but looks AWFUL. "Worn out."

There's some good old-fashioned, unbiased journalism! Should we start writing our versions of the John Tory one?

"John Tory looks great.

His suit is immaculate -- I note on the tag, it's from Holt's -- and his eyes sharp as diamonds. Somehow he blends in, though, almost like he's not really there.

As we sit in the food court at the Eaton Centre, no one really seems to notice but then he seems like the sort of guy who doesn't mind avoiding scrutiny. The three-time loser who threw his hat in the ring early in the year might even be nursing a hidden black eye or two from the jabs a certain dashingly handsome, muscular, blonde candidate has been throwing his way.

"I'm really not bothered by it. I'm disappointed," Tory lies about the totally accurate points made by Doug Ford about his refusal to let Jews like Karla play golf or to explain his "BackTrack" transit plan to taxpayers.

The man responsible for negative billing, making fun of Jean Chretien and ruining the lives of Charter Communications investors seems incongruously puzzled about why someone would question his qualifications for the mayor's job. So, as I watch a single bead of sweat make its way from his temple down his cheek, I ask him the question I know all our readers want to ask: 'What IS the story, Mr. Tory? Why should voters trust someone who claims to care about the less fortunate while - and I can't even believe I'm saying this - calling a guy 'divisive' as his poor brother lays in the hospital undergoing cancer treatment?'

Tory stares off into the middle distance, as if hoping to find a human soul he can borrow temporarily...."
"

EDIT: Just to add I love the sad Coda to her article, in which she kind of admits she made a fundamental mistake, but then couches it in a pathetic attempt at bewilderment.

I was mistaken in Sunday’s column. Premier Kathleen Wynne did not officially endorse John Tory. I’m told she is looking forward to working with all successful mayoral candidates across the province — which is interesting considering she froze out very publicly a democratically-elected mayor, Rob Ford, once his personal problems came to light. No word on whether she’d do the same with Doug.

Once his personal problems came to light, nyuk nyuk.
Why would she do the same to Doug, Sue-Ann? Are you admitting he also has personal problems that will come to light? Kinda sounds like it.
Someone should teach her that part of making an apology/correction is not spinning it into a complaint about something else. She must be new to this whole "journalism" thing.

Last edited:
I love it! I love that the Doug article opens with how awesome he is and how all these people (nearly a dozen!) came up to him, proving he's not an anti-Semite and he smiled graciously...

...but Olivia? She keeps saying she's fine but looks AWFUL. "Worn out."

There's some good old-fashioned, unbiased journalism! Should we start writing our versions of the John Tory one?

"John Tory looks great.

His suit is immaculate -- I note on the tag, it's from Holt's -- and his eyes sharp as diamonds. Somehow he blends in, though, almost like he's not really there.

As we sit in the food court at the Eaton Centre, no one really seems to notice but then he seems like the sort of guy who doesn't mind avoiding scrutiny. The three-time loser who threw his hat in the ring early in the year might even be nursing a hidden black eye or two from the jabs a certain dashingly handsome, muscular, blonde candidate has been throwing his way.

"I'm really not bothered by it. I'm disappointed," Tory lies about the totally accurate points made by Doug Ford about his refusal to let Jews like Karla play golf or to explain his "BackTrack" transit plan to taxpayers.

The man responsible for negative billing, making fun of Jean Chretien and ruining the lives of Charter Communications investors seems incongruously puzzled about why someone would question his qualifications for the mayor's job. So, as I watch a single bead of sweat make its way from his temple down his cheek, I ask him the question I know all our readers want to ask: 'What IS the story, Mr. Tory? Why should voters trust someone who claims to care about the less fortunate while - and I can't even believe I'm saying this - calling a guy 'divisive' as his poor brother lays in the hospital undergoing cancer treatment?'

Tory stares off into the middle distance, as if hoping to find a human soul he can borrow temporarily...."
"

EDIT: Just to add I love the sad Coda to her article, in which she kind of admits she made a fundamental mistake, but then couches it in a pathetic attempt at bewilderment.

I was mistaken in Sunday’s column. Premier Kathleen Wynne did not officially endorse John Tory. I’m told she is looking forward to working with all successful mayoral candidates across the province — which is interesting considering she froze out very publicly a democratically-elected mayor, Rob Ford, once his personal problems came to light. No word on whether she’d do the same with Doug.

Once his personal problems came to light, nyuk nyuk.
Why would she do the same to Doug, Sue-Ann? Are you admitting he also has personal problems that will come to light? Kinda sounds like it.
Someone should teach her that part of making an apology/correction is not spinning it into a complaint about something else. She must be new to this whole "journalism" thing.
Is this really part of her articles or did you make it up as satire? I refuse to click on the link.

Earlier tweets by Domise indicate that his internal polling puts him statistically ahead of Ford and that even the Ford's internal polling has him at 31%. A strong ground game can put him over the top.

There's a good chance Domise can win or is this wishful thinking on someone's part?

Is that inside info, Gavin, or just a well-educated guess?

I think it's silliness. He is a bad father, he doesn't know how to show love and support, and his kids probably make him uncomfortable (due to guilt over the fact that he selfishly neglects them and is a failure), but I doubt he 'straight up hates them.'

Definitely not inside information. I'm prone to hyperbole with the Fords, but nothing in his behaviour suggests to me that he actually does love them. He's doing everything he can to neglect his family, get thrown in jail, and/or die early.

Wow, Graeme is dense! He doesn't think that being a jerk on social media will have any kind of impact on Doug's campaign or his future employment. I reminded him that Gene Simmons deleted his Twitter account when some stupid posts got him into the national spotlight.

He really went off the rails yesterday. He hasn't realized that he's not useful enough to be such an ass.

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 11s12 seconds ago
The Edge says Doug Ford "didn't bother to show up" for a scheduled interview this morning. #TOPoli

Doug will deny that it was ever planned.

He really went off the rails yesterday. He hasn't realized that he's not useful enough to be such an ass.

I quite enjoyed the back and forth banter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back