News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

As much as I hate Ford, he wasn't a horrific councillor in the same way he was a horrific mayor. Annoying yes. But I think he did genuinely care about his constituents more than some of his colleagues.

But I'd be happy to see him lose. If only to end the drama. Particularly with the rumours of a quick by-election call if he wins.

I agree. He was my councillor for 7 months back in 2005-06 and I spoke to him twice via phone to give him my opinion on issues before council. Don't quite remember what they were but I remember he agreed with me at the time.

However, he is a terrible human being and doesn't deserve to be in public office. I don't want my hard-earned money going towards his salary. He can show real respect for taxpayers and gtfo.

He'll probably make TV and radio appearances or have interviews outside of City Hall or his home to voice his opinions on issues. If he is not re-elected, we will see and hear from Rob Ford for quite some time.

He'd be a regular on CP24, for sure. (What's with that channel anyway?)

What do people know about John Papadakis other then him being a Ford supporter? Does he have a chance to win?

What do people know about John Papadakis other then him being a Ford supporter? Does he have a chance to win?

He was an East York alderman 91 to 94. Didn't run in '97 or 2000
Lost Ward 29 to Case Ootes in 2003 and has stayed away from running until this election.
He is one of the "three muskateers" (R Ford backers) the others being A Smitherman and P Bell. Does anything need more be said?

Does Karygiannis have any real opposition?

Yes, Franco Ng, MDG's ex ExAsst (he might be more of a force should MDG endsorse him) and Patricia Sinclair who should sweep up the disaffected Ford Nation vote... shucks, even Chrisotpher Blueman should have a chance if the voters of Ward 39 are insular and are only concerned about ward issues.

Just looking at The Star's Council endorsements...Are they being pragmatic or just ignoring some of the more progressive candidates....They need to explain why not
Ward 3 Peter Fenech
Ward 7 Keegan Henry-Mathieu
Ward 10 David Epstein
Ward 12 Lekan Olawoye

Just looking at The Star's Council endorsements...Are they being pragmatic or just ignoring some of the more progressive candidates....They need to explain why not
Ward 3 Peter Fenech
Ward 7 Keegan Henry-Mathieu
Ward 10 David Epstein
Ward 12 Lekan Olawoye

Most of those candidates have a very slim chance of winning. Lekan, on the other hand, seems to have a real shot. He's a black man in a heavily Caribbean community, running against three right-of-centre Italian Canadians. He has endorsements from some high profile leftish Liberals and NDPers, as well as the Labour Council.

He was an East York alderman 91 to 94. Didn't run in '97 or 2000
Lost Ward 29 to Case Ootes in 2003 and has stayed away from running until this election.
He is one of the "three muskateers" (R Ford backers) the others being A Smitherman and P Bell. Does anything need more be said?

Indeed, 'nuff said. His campaign office is along the bus route I take.

It may not be a easy win for Rob Ford in Ward 2. He may even lose.

See this link to get over to blog.to.

201499-andray.jpg

Andray Domise could be a surprise winner.

Attachments

• 201499-andray.jpg
    201499-andray.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 629
Domise for Deputy Mayor!

Sure, I'm getting giddily ahead of myself, but after Domise and Tory slay the dirty Ford beast they should be revered as heroes for bringing light and hope back to our beloved city.

Has anyone else personally met a council candidate when they were canvassing? Our incumbent was in the building and left a flyer under our door with a personal message. The last person who showed up in our building was the current MP for the area back in 2011.

Last edited:
I have been out canvassing in my ward, and I saw one of the candidates from the neighbouring ward out canvassing

Back