8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys are geniuses.

Even Kouvalis couldn't have come up with the 'die so your brother gets elected' angle.

Don't be so sure. He'd scatter bags of crack all over the 401 for Rob to fetch if he thought it would help his election chances.

Don't be so sure. He'd scatter bags of crack all over the 401 for Rob to fetch if he thought it would help his election chances.

Point taken.

Shows just how useless Chow's team are. :)

Integrity won't win it for her. Left it too long to invoke Jack. Children don't vote.

Oh well.

Sept 17 admission...3 days chemo, Sept 20...17 days recovery, Oct7...3 days chemo Oct10...17 days recovery, schedule Oct 27....
Seems R Ford is being readmitted one day early....

He wasn't supposed to be readmitted at all. He was just going back for follow up tests, or so he said.

Something about it doesn't seem kosher IMO. At the very least how close is Taverner to Ford bears looking at more carefully. Chief Blair's words of "without fear or favour" is looking more like a joke. The reasoning that TPS doesn't want to jeopardize a bigger case is looking more hollow to me as well. What DUIs, what numerous 911 domestic calls? There's making sure all the ducks are in a row before taking down a big fish, but this is looking more like incompetence, possible dirty cops, or a combo of both.

I want to believe that Giroux is more like Columbo, with a slow but methodical progress. But overall, I'm beginning to worry with things the way they appear so far, the reality might be closer to Chief Inspector Clouseau. Maybe TPS really is waiting until the election is over, playing the long game and to avoid looking too political. But there's playing the long game, and then there's just being played. And if TPS is twiddling their thumbs so cancer can catch Rob instead, this town really is cray cray.

I still think the main issue is whether Giroux et al have been able to develop direct evidence v. circumstantial evidence. That's not any easy thing to do, under the circumstances.

As far I can see (not far, BTW), TPS has been chasing two main threads in Brazen II: Rob's potential involvement in an extortion attempt and his potential involvement in Lisi's drug dealing. Making a case for counselling Lisi on extortion means they have to know what Rob and Sandro said to each other. Seems pretty clear that Lisi hasn't spilled anything and efforts to find records of conversations (the iPhone warrants) haven't gone anywhere substantial.

The potential for drug charges is pretty much the same. The cops need Lisi to say "Rob loaned me money, I bought and sold drugs, and paid him back," (or whatever). The dry cleaner might have been able to provide evidence, but it doesn't look like he helped much, given that nothing has happened.

A question for our lawyers: Would it have been possible for the TPS to get a warrant that allowed them to search Rob and Sandro's closed envelopes/bags or break into one of their cars if/when they saw an opportunity? I know next to nothing about the subject, but it seems to me that search warrants are very specific. They don't give police and open-ended right to search something whenever an opportunity presents itself.

The idiot has been exposing his immune system to every germ in every Walmart in the city so big surprise if he's sick.

I still think the main issue is whether Giroux et al have been able to develop direct evidence v. circumstantial evidence. That's not any easy thing to do, under the circumstances.

As far I can see (not far, BTW), TPS has been chasing two main threads in Brazen II: Rob's potential involvement in an extortion attempt and his potential involvement in Lisi's drug dealing. Making a case for counselling Lisi on extortion means they have to know what Rob and Sandro said to each other. Seems pretty clear that Lisi hasn't spilled anything and efforts to find records of conversations (the iPhone warrants) haven't gone anywhere substantial.

The potential for drug charges is pretty much the same. The cops need Lisi to say "Rob loaned me money, I bought and sold drugs, and paid him back," (or whatever). The dry cleaner might have been able to provide evidence, but it doesn't look like he helped much, given that nothing has happened.

A question for our lawyers: Would it have been possible for the TPS to get a warrant that allowed them to search Rob and Sandro's closed envelopes/bags or break into one of their cars if/when they saw an opportunity? I know next to nothing about the subject, but it seems to me that search warrants are very specific. They don't give police and open-ended right to search something whenever an opportunity presents itself.

IIRC they did go into Lisi's car, I can't remember if they took anything.

Christ, here we go. Buckle up folks.

Get ready for Zombie Rob Ford in time for Hallowe'en! They can make up all the money lost in both camping runs by selling costumes.

Does Olivia Chow still think she can win?

At this point, it's more about "optimization", and maybe moral victory through surpassing common expectations.

Besides, if it were all strictly about "winning", Conservatives would be unchallenged in most Alberta seats, or else their challengers be auto-branded Sarah Thomson nutso. But most political experts would agree that when it comes to the bigger picture of "political option", it's better to run a competent no-hoper than to roll over and play dead...

Get ready for Zombie Rob Ford in time for Hallowe'en! They can make up all the money lost in both camping runs by selling costumes.

Rob Zombie

Rob-Zombie.jpg

Attachments

• Rob-Zombie.jpg
    Rob-Zombie.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,022
A longtime lurker here... this thread has brought me so much pleasure over the past 12 months.

Someone was asking about reviews of Steak Queen... here's a review I posted a few months back:

http://www.goodfoodrevolution.com/steak-queen/

What with all the press that Toronto’s Steak Queen restaurant was getting I realised that it was most probably our duty to the great readership of Good Food Revolution that we drive out there to see what was going on.

But talk is cheap, and actions speak louder than words, and so on a bitterly cold January Thursday, my brother in all things Good Food, Malcolm Jolley (to whom I will henceforth refer to for the purposes of this article as “Jones”) and I set out from our usual beat of the downtown core to the wild west of Rexdale. Our mission: To put our money where our mouths are and do a little gastronomic research for one of our Lunch Under $15 pieces.

Arriving just after the noon hour, business was obviously booming, a snaking trail of hungry customers leading from the door, via the extremely efficient and polite order-taking expediter, to the pick up point at the end of the spotless stainless steel counter. I couldn’t help but wonder how the establishment’s recent infamy had affected daily sales, but the majority of the clientele, of 99% male high-visibility-clad workmen, taxi drivers, and salespeople from nearby retail outlets, looked as if they were committed regulars. This hardworking community certainly knew the ropes at this place. We didn’t.

At one point I became just a little paranoid as I realised that Jones and I, two card-carrying, wine-sipping, bike-riding pinkos, stood out like proverbial sore thumbs, and feared a Rumble In The Jungle as we were swimming with the sharks. But thankfully that was all in my head. I also felt slightly guilty as I surreptitiously took pics of the establishment with the smallest of my cameras. I had to remind myself that the purpose of our visit was not to trash the place, but to evaluate their lunch offerings for our Under $15 column.

Whilst I didn’t exactly have a come-to-Jesus moment, if the truth be told, I rather enjoyed my Steak Queen lunch, probably a bit more than Jones across the formica table from me. Although the guy is ten times smarter than anyone I’ve ever met, in retrospect I’m not sure that he made the best of menu choices. Through my close observation of the regulars’ orders it appeared that the place’s burgers were the order of the day, and probably a more apropos dietary investment as his souvlaki didn’t look all that appetising to these eyes.

As I am always watching every dime, every single dime at Good Food Revolution, folks, let me tell you, if you are looking for an 8oz New York Steak dinner replete with a huge mound of rice and vegetables, a sizable portion of decent (albeit frozen) fries, an iceberg/tomato/onion salad (needs a touch more onion for my particular palate), and some buttered French stick for a grand total of $11.95, then Steak Queen is definitely the place for you. And that’s the bottom line.

Now I’m a straight shooter, so sure, there were some minor setbacks such as the ordered-medium steak being sent out more than well-done, but I put that down to the Steak Queen going through the difficult bump of their lunchtime rush.

Now I could be proven wrong here, but I very much doubt that one could find that quite frankly astonishing offering of carbohydrates and protein for an $11.25 value in many places in this great city. And that’s a fact. The numbers don’t lie. In fact the portions were so generous I’m sure that if you asked for a doggy bag there would be more than enough to eat at home. I mean, this may be the biggest coup you have seen in North America.

Anything else? Well, my heart breaks for those people who would instantly dismiss an establishment like this. All those downtown people with their bourgeois pretentions may have enough Subways, but they certainly do not have a Steak Queen.

Last edited:

They certainly could have gotten a warrant to search the cars for those envelopes and their contents. But you're right, warrants are very specific - and by the time they got one based on their observations of the covert exchanges, one would assume the envelopes would have been gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back