Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.18.50 PM.png
    120 KB · Views: 701
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.19.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.19.04 PM.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 701
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.19.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 2.19.13 PM.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 697
Oh, these Canadian news sites, whose videos I cannot get to load in the US of A... Thanks to both you and casita for the links to make the attempt - will try on my phone when I get a chance :).

Yup, that works both ways, although there is a lot that seems available on both sides; I guess it just depends on who's in control ultimately. An example would be a TV show that a friend of mine works on that's available here through a secondary Canadian cable channel, but I believe is on CW in the US. Full episodes are available through CW, but not on the Canadian one, even though the show is shot here. But I can't watch CW online.

Slightly OT, but I was wondering how many Canadian channels (if any) you can see where you are and if you and your take on the political ads from this side of the border as opposed to the US. I ask this because even though I live several hours from Michigan (east of TO), my HD American cable channels (Eastern) are from Detroit. The political ads from Michigan (and likely elsewhere) are something else. I almost spit out my drink the other night with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJ2wx_9H9s

lizangel, with due respect...I'm thinking that something that you read someplace, sometime - but don't remember where or when and that no one else can verify from any other public source - might not be a good thing to throw out as fact, especially where it casts pretty serious allegations against his mother and (apparently) divulges confidential medical information about Ford...even to defend him.

I'm also wondering WHY (or how) this would be something "out there" you'd be reading.

ETA: I see lizangel11 has left the building...

Last edited:
Yup, that works both ways, although there is a lot that seems available on both sides; I guess it just depends on who's in control ultimately. An example would be a TV show that a friend of mine works on that's available here through a secondary Canadian cable channel, but I believe is on CW in the US. Full episodes are available through CW, but not on the Canadian one, even though the show is shot here. But I can't watch CW online.

Slightly OT, but I was wondering how many Canadian channels (if any) you can see where you are and if you and your take on the political ads from this side of the border as opposed to the US. I ask this because even though I live several hours from Michigan (east of TO), my HD American cable channels (Eastern) are from Detroit. The political ads from Michigan (and likely elsewhere) are something else. I almost spit out my drink the other night with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJ2wx_9H9s

Holy Cow, I'm surprised they didn't show the two thugs wheel her out into traffic. I used to live in SW Ontario and laughed at the attack ads...you'd think all of the politicians were evil murderers/thieves.

On election day at the Ford gathering, there was a lady (on 1010 at least) who was weeping about losing her house and claiming that so many citizens don't understand municipal issues.
Was she a newcomer to Ford Follies, or a Ford regular from IHTWOMRF?

On election day at the Ford gathering, there was a lady (on 1010 at least) who was weeping about losing her house and claiming that so many citizens don't understand municipal issues.
Was she a newcomer to Ford Follies, or a Ford regular from IHTWOMRF?

This is probably the woman who also claimed that Tory's election was like ISIS coming to Toronto. It spawned a fake twitter account (?) There's a link somewhere to the video...

This is probably the woman who also claimed that Tory's election was like ISIS coming to Toronto.
ISIS coming to Toronto. If only ... I think I was in love with her when I was a kid:

Isis_Cover3.jpg

I always was sad that I never got to see the TV series, which I couldn't get back in the 4-channel universe back then. Sadly a few weeks after they cancelled it, we finally got cable. But on the bright side, along came Lynda Carter ...

Attachments

• Isis_Cover3.jpg
    Isis_Cover3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 774
Much to my annoyance, we can only get CBC, and since our cable provider switched to HD, we can't even get that, on the older TV. Which means I tend to tune in for Rick Mercer Report and This Hour has 22 Minutes, if the timing's right - and occasionally Hockey Night in Canada (or what will be left of it on CBC :'( . So I don't see many Canadian political ads. I did see some during the last federal election and was a little shocked to see the vitriol ramped up to something a bit closer to the US style attack ads from the way campaigns were being run when I left home.

But only a bit closer. My goodness, the hate 'n hostility level of both the candidate and the PAC ads here lately is off the charts. It seems to me to have ramped up here too, in the 15+ years we've lived here, but some MI natives have argued with me on that. I must say, that ad you linked shocked the heck out of me, too. As have a few others, this go-round - the rhetoric is something fierce from all interested parties.

I'm starting to wonder why anyone bothers to spend the money, since attack and counterattack hubub is SO high they pretty much drown each other out. Might serve better to cement existing support than to sway anyone's vote? If they're after the staunch Independents like me, they just make me wish 'a plague o' both (all) their houses' - but do at least make me go do my homework about the candidate and issue they've raised...and their candidate's record also. Amazing how often they seem to be trying to strike first, when their own candidate isn't lily-white about the self-same issue, or has a much bigger flaw, when I take the closer look! No lack of nerve and name-calling in politics here - and implied 'fact' is a shockingly distorted thing, aimed at achieving maximum crippling divisiveness, it seems to me. :\

(I haven't researched the anti-Trott ad, btw - can't comment on accuracy there. Not my congressional district, so I just went 'YIKES!!!' and left it there).

Last edited:
Mikey's voice:

It matters not to the merits (or lack thereof) of Mikey as a trustee. I think it is just that, having been silent (except for a few words at a Ford Fest) for so long, some people were struck by how high the pitch of his voice is - he sounds somewhat like his voice has not changed since he was about 12, or, as one CH reporter put it (rather cruelly, perhaps) on Twitter, he sounds like a castrato. My thought was that it sounds similar to when Michael Jackson provided the voice for Leon Kompowsky, the large white guy escaped mental patient who claims (until the final moments of the episode) that he is Michael Jackson and helps Bart write the song "Lisa, It's Your Birthday" on the Simpson's.

[video=vimeo;89892352]http://vimeo.com/89892352[/video]

Apu: He's 300 pounds!

Helen Lovejoy: He's white!

Moe: He's dressed without flair!

So, is everyone ready for the internet to explode if/when Rob's health update isn't good?

I came on this page to talk about the dead beat dad Randy. Yes I provided info and was questioned how I know things.. I have removed some of my posts and in reference to those I hope you can delete your comments . Out of all the Fords that just upset me that people would make fun of his voice like I said before he is a good kid with a bad last name and even worse uncles.

I will be shutting down my account soon anyway. Adios Amigos :p

Sorry to hear that, lizangel. I appreciate your contributions.

WTF, all of you? This person came here to share info and people here attack her for no reason? No wonder we have no new information here for a year, unless Jimmi T tells something or I see something while out for a drive. Or the user who found Karla's family history info. How about actually doing something yourself instead of spinning off silly theories and attacking other people?

So, is everyone ready for the internet to explode if/when Rob's health update isn't good?

My heart bleeds for the guy but at the end of the day it's all some latte sipping elitists fault.

ISIS coming to Toronto. If only ... I think I was in love with her when I was a kid:

View attachment 36530

I always was sad that I never got to see the TV series, which I couldn't get back in the 4-channel universe back then. Sadly a few weeks after they cancelled it, we finally got cable. But on the bright side, along came Lynda Carter ...

Behold the wonders of YouTube (and the geeks that populate it!) :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4eYrRkY9_A&list=PL439FCB772D4282FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back