News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
And surely if the cops don't have enough on Rob (or they're backing down because he's not long for this world), can't they get Doug on something? It can't just be all COI and procedural stuff.

I don't doubt that whatever shenanigans were going on behind the closed doors of Mayor Fuck Up's office, Thug was in it up to his thick neck. He was supposed to be the "smart one" of the duo, correct? And Slob has traditionally been Thug's lap dog, dating back to their teen/drug dealing years, and (one imagines) their childhood, no? I always assumed that the more violent incidents attached to them - jailhouse beatings, attacks with lead pipes, etc. - were all more or less done on Thug's orders, even if Slob was ostensibly the one in charge.

The PCPO needs a hell of a lot more than a few seats in Toronto.

Considering that the Libs won a majority by only 4 seats, the outcome would have been quite different had the PCs won just a few Toronto ridings.

I don't doubt that whatever shenanigans were going on behind the closed doors of Mayor Fuck Up's office, Thug was in it up to his thick neck. He was supposed to be the "smart one" of the duo, correct? And Slob has traditionally been Thug's lap dog, dating back to their teen/drug dealing years, and (one imagines) their childhood, no? I always assumed that the more violent incidents attached to them - jailhouse beatings, attacks with lead pipes, etc. - were all more or less done on Thug's orders, even if Slob was ostensibly the one in charge.

I've often thought that all the hullabaloo about Robbie was in fact part of another investigation to get Doug.
I'm tired of waiting though..

Considering that the Libs won a majority by only 4 seats, the outcome would have been quite different had the PCs won just a few Toronto ridings.

Actually the outcome would have been exactly the same as the condition prior to the election - Liberal minority government with NDP holding the balance of power, and a stronger Liberal one at that.

AoD

Actually the outcome would have been exactly the same as the condition prior to the election - Liberal minority government with NDP holding the balance of power, and a stronger Liberal one at that.

AoD

Yes, however the Libs would have had to cave in to Andrea horwath's demands, and would probably be plunged into another election in less than four years regardless. They would have a harder time implementing their transit agenda, among other things.

Just when we thought Doug was getting the hint:

"We are a group of grassroots people who believe Doug Ford is the only choice to save the Ontario PC Party. Some of us are already PC members but most of us are not - not until Doug Ford enters the race."

http://draftdougford.ca/

I love the Sue Ann Levy testimonial on the site lol

And their list of supporters keeps on growing. My office-mate just signed up Bashar al-Assad and Jian Ghomeshi as volunteers.

You mean there is a worse mayor in the world?

Former Iguala, Mexico, mayor captured in case of 43 missing students

Student teachers were abducted by police in league with local drug gang in southwestern city

From this link:

Federal police early Tuesday detained the former mayor of the southern Mexican city of Iguala and his wife, who are accused of ordering the Sept. 26 attacks on teachers' college students that left six dead and 43 still missing.

Jose Luis Abarca and his wife, Maria de los Angeles Pineda, were arrested in Mexico City without resisting, according to two security officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the press.

The couple was in the custody of the Attorney General's Office, where they were giving statements. At least 56 other people have been arrested so far in the case, and the Iguala police chief is still a fugitive.

The couple's detention could shed light on disappearances, which have prompted outraged demonstrations across the country to demand the students be found. The case forced the resignation of the governor of Guerrero state, where Iguala is located.

The students from a rural teachers college had gone to Iguala to canvass for donations and authorities say Abarca ordered the attack on them, believing the students were aiming to disrupt a speech by Pineda. They say the assault was carried out by police working with the Guerreros Unidos drug cartel. Authorities say Pineda was a main operative in the cartel.

They also have said the drug gang essentially ran the town of Iguala, with Abarca receiving payments of 2 million to 3 million pesos ($150,000-$220,000) every few weeks, as a bribe and to pay off his corrupt police force.

Guerreros Unidos have increasingly turned to the lucrative practice of growing opium poppies and sending opium paste to be refined for heroin destined for the U.S. market, according to a federal official.

The search for the students has taken authorities to the hills above Iguala, where 30 bodies have been found in mass graves but not identified so far as any of the students. Last week, the search turned to a gully near a trash dump in the neighbouring city of Cocula, but still no remains have been identified.

Maybe Ford is not that bad.

To affect any type of change as to how it went down would have required a minimum of 16 additional PC seats most at the cost of Liberals (the 9 seats they lost + 7 extra somewhere in the urban areas)....this would put the PC's in a very weak minority position dependant on the NDP to hold any semblance power. Just picking up a few seat in Toronto proper wouldn't have helped unless you prefer minority governments of any ilk....

It's not clear that DoFo actually wants to win the leadership vs manufacture a loss in order to launch a protest party.

That is why I suggested a few days ago the Trillium Party of Ontario should be begging D Ford to take over leadership of that party. By doing so it offers almost instant credibility and a home to the disaffected masses of Blue Tory, Reform, Social Conservatives (to as much of an extent that is feasible in 2014), Fiscal Conservatives and disenfranchised right of centre Liberals not with the Wynne programme....

The Trillium Party of Ontario does not seem to have a website, which means that the awesome website template that Team DoFo is using could be put to immediate good use.

The Trillium Party of Ontario does not seem to have a website, which means that the awesome website template that Team DoFo is using could be put to immediate good use.

Considering the leader of the Trilliums (Robert Yaciuk) only polled 164 votes in Newmarket/Aroura and there was only one other Trilliun candidate in the provincial election...the only direction as Shania Twain would say is UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back