News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that the basis of RoFo's opposition to red light cameras? Because he got dinged by one?

Acting on a recommendation from the public works committee, councillors were asked to give staff the go-ahead to start hunting around for red-light camera system suppliers. The vote passed 37-3, with only the Ford brothers and North York Councillor Anthony Perruzza opposing the move. Explained the mayor: “It’s a cash grab. I hate red-light cameras … I got nailed — $375 bucks. I hate ’em. Trust me.â€
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._items_he_tried_to_shoot_down_at_council.html

DoFo could "run" on a platform of "Ferris wheels". I, for one, would vote to have all "far right" conservatives delegated to benches on "said" Ferris wheel and have them remain there for the "duration" of their "tenure"?

View attachment 37645

This here's the perfect solution for outer suburbs where public transit is rare, but SUVs are plenty: the railcar adapter, as shown in the photo. Turn your excess SUV capacity into a minibus service.

Can you imagine the Escalade on a set of those rail wheels? Subways, subways, subways! It's another Smartrack Innovation.

You're welcome.

Two problems... first you can't get anyone to car pool normally, and second, well there is no second, it just sounded better if there was more than one reason. ;)

I just love the way Doug talks about his future voters:

"Doug Ford more popular than Progressive Conservatives in Toronto"

"Take 150,000 off of John Tory that would vote for a dog with a PC banner no matter what — they’re hardcore PC — and you add that onto to the 330,000 and you’re almost up to 500,000. Then you look at the 905 and 705, our base. Our polling that we’ve done shows us stronger in 905-705 than we are in the 416,” he said."

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...an_progressive_conservatives_in_toronto.html#

I just love the way Doug talks about his future voters:

"Doug Ford more popular than Progressive Conservatives in Toronto"

"Take 150,000 off of John Tory that would vote for a dog with a PC banner no matter what — they’re hardcore PC — and you add that onto to the 330,000 and you’re almost up to 500,000. Then you look at the 905 and 705, our base. Our polling that we’ve done shows us stronger in 905-705 than we are in the 416,” he said."

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...an_progressive_conservatives_in_toronto.html#

I think the back room boys of the PC Party as a whole see the prospect of Doug being their leader as potential disaster - worse than Bob Rae beating Peterson in the 90's. Even if he did win the legislature could end up being a disastrous joke that would vault their party back to the stone ages. Hudak at least had a track record of experience in the Legislature - Doug can barely run a family company without his brothers screwing it up on him.

Why is a city paid employee allowed to disrespect another city employee on the Twitter feed? In the good old days, you'd be fired for this kind of crap, and rightfully so.

graeme ‏@graemeTO 9 hrs9 hours ago
We get it Keesmaat, you love the Netherlands. Now stop trying to turn Toronto into it. We NEED a new planner in TO. #topoli #CanadaNotEurope

Last edited:
Why is a city paid employee allowed to disrespect another city employee on the Twitter feed? In the good old days, you'd be fired for this kind of crap, and rightfully so.

We get it Keesmaat, you love the Netherlands. Now stop trying to turn Toronto into it. We NEED a new planner in TO. #topoli #CanadaNotEurope

Perhaps the irony that we got a new mayor first wasn't lost on him.

AoD

Graeme's not going to be around once Tory is officially mayor, right?

Funny, I don't think I've ever heard a peep out of GM regarding urban planning and now he apparently knows what Keesmaat wants AND what's best for the city. This after his boss managed to achieve precisely NOTHING regarding density, congestion, housing, etc.

Funny, I don't think I've ever heard a peep out of GM regarding urban planning and now he apparently knows what Keesmaat wants AND what's best for the city. This after his boss managed to achieve precisely NOTHING regarding density, congestion, housing, etc.

He will be if he joins RoFo's staff.

He's working for RoFo so we're stuck with him. I've noticed he uses the Doug Ford attempt at intimidation by addressing everyone by name on twitter.

Acting on a recommendation from the public works committee, councillors were asked to give staff the go-ahead to start hunting around for red-light camera system suppliers. The vote passed 37-3, with only the Ford brothers and North York Councillor Anthony Perruzza opposing the move. Explained the mayor: “It’s a cash grab. I hate red-light cameras … I got nailed — $375 bucks. I hate ’em. Trust me.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._items_he_tried_to_shoot_down_at_council.html

Between this and RoFo's thoughts on dealing with addicts (pre-crack video), he really seems like a classic law-and-order hypocrite: 'We need to get tough! Just not on me, because I like getting away with stuff'.

He has said his contract was renewed. Rob is still "in the building", he'll be part of Rob's staff.

He has said his contract was renewed. Rob is still "in the building", he'll be part of Rob's staff.

Now that's gravy we can do without - both the councillor and said staff. Sandwiches would have done more (they'd keep the other councillors working longer than how much time Robbie spent on work).

AoD

Rob is not a city employee. He can't be fired. Are his "special assistants" city employees?

"Wearer of many hats for Doug Ford Campaign. Formerly Special Assistant to Mayor Rob Ford. Formerly Director of Rob Ford Campaign Headquarters"
https://twitter.com/graemeTO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back