37th floor would be 121m or 397' or 47% of the total height

It seems the height of floors in different buildings varies greatly. Is it possible that two 30 story buildings could be very different in height?

Office floors are taller than residential floors

…and within each of those categories there is plenty of range.

Most residential currently standing is at 8 feet per floor, while newer luxury condos typically offer 9 feet. There are also a number going up at 8 and a half feet. The penthouse level (or levels) of residential towers often offer high than 9 feet. Add another 6 or so inches per floor slab.

Older office towers typically offer 10 foot floor heights, whereas some of the newest towers proposed for downtown are offering as much as 14 feet per floor. Often some of the extra height is hidden by false ceilings or raised floors, behind which are found the ventilation and power/data service conduits.

Down near ground level, floor heights can vary even more, depending on how grand the lobbies are, how many floors of retail are offered (often up to 20 feet in height, more often 16 or so feet).

So yes, floor heights vary considerably from building to building.

Taken at 12:00pm today. Not long at all before One Bloor will soon surpass HBC.

20141124_120402.jpg

20141124_120409.jpg

Attachments

• 20141124_120402.jpg
    20141124_120402.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,675
  • 20141124_120409.jpg
    20141124_120409.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,636
It seems the height of floors in different buildings varies greatly. Is it possible that two 30 story buildings could be very different in height?

Even for residential building floor heights vary wildly. In NYC for instance, 125 Greenwich Street, which has just two more floors than One Bloor, will be over 500 feet higher due to it's extremely high ceilings, which can be up to 22 feet.

by the speed this thing is going up it feels like it will be top off next year by this time.

standard residential floor height is 2.95 meters. In my model when guessing heights I round it to 3 meters.

9.5 feet is standard? That's not ceiling height right, that includes the slabs? Seems awfully high.

I believe innsertnamehere is referring to the height measured from top of slab to top of slab as typically show on the architectural sections

I've looked at the renderings in the database section of UT but still not 100% clear if the balcony glass on the tower portion will be matching the frosted look of the podium or will it be a different color such as a bluish color to match the tower's cladding or perhaps a more 'transparent' glass? Thanks.

I'm fairly certain that it will be the same colour as the balcony glass on the podium. They way it will accent the undulating balconies as they go up the tower.

Back