As I've said, this is the first building, in a very long time, that I've been this excited over! I can't wait to see the finished product, and although it's technically shorter then Aura, it just seems like it will be much taller because of its higher elevation, and it being surrounded by much shorter towers. I'm curious to see if I'll be able to see the top of it from my balcony. I'm at 77 Howard, facing north in the 20th floor. To my left, I have a fantastic view of the tops of X1 and X2, and the Four Seasons, anyone think it will be high enough to see? I think it just may, fingers crossed!

If you can see the Four Seasons I think you'll definitely see 1 Bloor, given that it's both significantly taller and a full block closer

Anyone know if either the bloor or Yonge line run under this building? I wonder how bad the vibrations are. I was in a unit on Hayden and could easily hear the train 7 floors up.

This question has been addressed several times in this thread. No. The Bloor line runs under the Hudson's Bay Centre, and the Yonge line runs under the Xerox Tower, and none too quickly either, as the station is there.

It shouldn't happen here. Builders have pretty much figured out how to handle this now through rubber pads on which columns sit.

This morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.7 KB · Views: 2,670
This question has been addressed several times in this thread. No. The Bloor line runs under the Hudson's Bay Centre, and the Yonge line runs under the Xerox Tower, and none too quickly either, as the station is there.

It shouldn't happen here. Builders have pretty much figured out how to handle this now through rubber pads on which columns sit.

What about the homes adjacent to the scarborough subway extension?

The TTC now also builds with rubber pads between the concrete ties and the tunnel floor.

If One Bloor East was, instead, being constructed in Southcore, it would be less appreciated because of the glass monotony.

I disagree. The Delta manages to stand out nicely down there, just imagine how amazing One Bloor would look in its place. Its just the kind of building that would always be appreciated regardless of itself surroundings.

it just seems like it will be much taller because of its higher elevation, and it being surrounded by much shorter towers.

True it will be higher if you include ground elevation(by about 5 m/16 ft) but I don't think it'll stick out as much as Aura. Yonge & Bloor already has a decent enough highrise cluster. Yonge & Gerrard, not so much.

I disagree. The Delta manages to stand out nicely down there, just imagine how amazing One Bloor would look in its place. Its just the kind of building that would always be appreciated regardless of itself surroundings.

Delta (and ICE) manage to stand out despite being all glass. Both would be even better if they weren't located in Southcore. An all glass building at Yonge and Bloor is much appreciated however. It's an area that can withstand 2-3 buildings like that. If would have been a big shame if a great building like this were stuck in Southcore.

Last edited:

Back