News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two kinds of political persuasion: one for the informed and another for the uniformed. The informed are persuaded by information. The uniformed are persuaded by propaganda. You'd by surprised by how many otherwise intelligent people fall into the uniformed category. Understanding information is hard.

I'm sure you really meant to type 'uninformed' each time, or maybe autocorrect is to blame ... but the uninformed often need little persuasion to don uniforms in the service of political beliefs.

I recall seeing some years back some stick-on products made by Deco in retail stores, e.g. non-slip bathtub and shower appliques, etc. Does anyone remember same? Makes me wonder if Deco has created new products to replace those that have dropped off over the years.

Political Teflon, get out of jail cards, fridge magnets.

Oh you know he just want to milk it for drama - me subways subways subways, no taxes, no fees...subway subways subways!

AoD

Last edited:
Oh you know he just want to milk it for drama - me subways subways subways, no taxes, no fees...subway subways subways!

AoD

Especially considering this is his last council meeting for a long time...or ever in the worst case scenario.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
"There is no need to bring in any reinforcements" Mayor John Tory jokes to Rob Ford RE: Volunteer Doug Ford #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 22s22 seconds ago
"We know you're a fighter ... you have the best wishes you know of this mayor & of this council" John Tory to Rob Ford #TOpoli

Teamwork!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m1 minute ago
Council accepts report on city's loan and loan guarantees. Vote is 42 to 1 (Rob Ford votes no) #TOpoli

David Rider ‏@dmrider 7s7 seconds ago
"I don't know if I'm going to be here (next couple of days) - for very serious reasons," says @TorontoRobFord, voting "no" on some items now
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 51s52 seconds ago
Rob Ford says he's releasing his holds on items now because he's going to be coming and going over next few days for "serious reasons"
Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 1m1 minute ago
Cllr Rob Ford now requesting a number of recorded votes just so he can recorded in the negative. Votes mostly 43-1.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 2m2 minutes ago
(Councillor Ford sounds and looks in not-very-good health today, by the way)

Last edited:
Ford is using his gravelly "I'm sick" voice. I guess as a sympathy ploy for all his time wasting.

And his eblast reminds you, in case you forgot, that he is sick.

Good morning friends,

As I enter my last Council meeting prior to surgery, I wanted to share this article that was recently posted on therebel.media

As always, please feel free to contact my office any time.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie
Justice Khawly will deliver his ruling on the Lisi/Bahrami drug charges this Friday morning at 10:00 in Old City Hall's courtroom 122a.

Posted on IHTWOMRF today, by one of the especially nutty members...
Is this legal?

Josie Erent
Today at 10:41
Kathleen Wynne's home address and telephone number...Let the protests begin... K Wynne 416-xxx-xxxx address Toronto, ON, postal code

And, now it's gone. Taken down by the admins?

Last edited:
betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 2m2 minutes ago
Accidental meeting: Sandro Lisi and Rob Fords just bumped into each other in city hall Cafe on the Square. Exchanged pleasantries

The "I've got one foot in the grave but I'm still fighting for taxpayers" voice.

Hey, check it. Ford just sent an eblast just to link to that kook Flagg's article.
Unsurprisingly, Flagg's numbers are incorrect.

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 27m27 minutes ago
Neil Flagg is apparently blogging for Levant's new site. His numbers are wrong. 2016 Gross op budget up just 2.7%.

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 25m25 minutes ago
Flagg combines the gross operating budget AND the rate supported budget to get his 2015 numbers. Not a correct comparison.

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 26m26 minutes ago
Anyway, I hate to give that any attention, but worried someone might read it and think, "hey, maybe this is reality!"

Posted on IHTWOMRF today, by one of the especially nutty members...
Is this legal?

Josie Erent
Today at 10:41
Kathleen Wynne's home address and telephone number...Let the protests begin... K Wynne 416-xxx-xxxx address Toronto, ON, postal code

And, now it's gone. Taken down by the admins?

Probably not illegal since the information is public record (phone listings) but what Josie may or may not have been counselling others to do in the form of 'protests' is unclear.

Maybe Josie just realized someone could just as easily look up her address and phone number. And discover that Josie's place is bigger and in a swankier, more downtown-elite neighbourhood than Wynne's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back