News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

So now that Adam Vaughan is going to run for the Fed Lib nom in Trin-Spa, who will take his place municipally?

In the rare instance Vaughan were to lose in the by-election there would be enough time to run again for councillor if he wanted to.

It's going to be a tight race in the by election. Chow took it by a landslide last time so Cressy has that going for him. Vaughan has high name recognition though. Both NDP and Liberals are going to be in full campaign mode

I wonder if Christine Innes and Tony Ianno are going to try to poison Vaughan's bid. I wouldn't put it past them - as it appears by Tim Harper's article that Vaughan has Trudeau's nod.

Liberals are known for turning their cannons against each other.

Well typically Executive Assistants attempt to win the seat vacated by the Councillor they work for, so I would expect Ange Valentini to be submitting nomination papers sometime in the near future......

Which election? The by-election hasn't been called. The municipal election is Oct. 27 -- the OP was wondering who would take Vaughan's seat municipally. If he resigns now to focus on his federal run, would they leave his council seat open until October?

Which election? The by-election hasn't been called. The municipal election is Oct. 27 -- the OP was wondering who would take Vaughan's seat municipally. If he resigns now to focus on his federal run, would they leave his council seat open until October?

I was talking about the by-election. Thanks

I'd love Soknacki as a replacement for Vaughan as my councillor - too bad it won't happen.

I wonder if Mike Yen will give it another go. He ran for councillor in 2010 and also in 2011 for MPP of the riding for the PC's. I'm not so sure the area would go for an individual who is not left wing though. He's currently the head of the Entertainment District BIA if I'm not mistaken.

Back