News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I also live in Ward 18, and for what it's worth, at my door I found Mazer's campaign team to be people I could talk to as opposed to Bailao's people who seemed rather.......aloof....maybe even arrogant? It seemed like they didn't really care what I thought as if Bailao was guaranteed a win whereas I had a very interesting conversation lasting about 15 minutes with Mazer's guy who seemed genuinely interested in my opinions and ideas and actually listened to me describe a bit of my experience with living here.

Perhaps I am not the only who noticed this difference in attitude on the stoop (or, in my case, corridor) and am hopeful that it magically translates into a Mazer win.

Speaking of Thompson, on the street I am currently working on in The Annex, a homeowner removed signs that had obviously been put up without their consent and trashed them which gives credence, in my mind, to the idea that her campaign is just dropping them on the properties on an older Liberal list.

I think her signs would have been better received had they pictured her atop a horse trotting through Ford Fest.

Not once did I understood that tactic. Why alienate the people who are most willing to vote for you in a previous election by placing signs on their property without their permission?

Re Jane Farrow: aside from the fact that Fletcher's done perhaps a better job of "consolidating the left" than anticipated, her big problem is her signs--white type on a light green background = a legibility disaster. (Though the Riverdale-Park-footbridge-spandrel motif is an inspired one.)

Last edited:
Norm Kelly has been around for decades but non-consecutively. His only time off from city politics are from being an MP and when he lost the race to be mayor of Scarborough.

Norm Kelly has been around for decades but non-consecutively. His only time off from city politics are from being an MP and when he lost the race to be mayor of Scarborough.

I still suggest that Augimeri has had the longest continued run as a member with a seat on any of the MetroToronto Councils...I believe she took her seat in 1985 and has never left. Kelly has been and gone and been back. Moeser falls in the same boat and Frances showed up three years later....

Jules @obsessivejules
Dear #anabailao please stop robo calling my house!!! It got annoying months ago and now I'm just pissed off!!! @Ward18AnaBailao

A friend on Twitter who is quite annoyed by robocalls.

Re Jane Farrow: aside from the fact that Fletcher's done perhaps a better job of "consolidating the left" than anticipated, her big problem is her signs--white type on a light green background = a legibility disaster. (Though the Riverdale-Park-footbridge-spandrel motif is an inspired one.)

Perks has pretty much the same green/white motif here in 14. I think he'll survive. Though Emerson does seem to be making inroads, sign-wise (which, FTR, are 4 Colour CMYK, Robin's egg BG, white AND black type with a handsome photo. Also, $$).

Last edited:

Back