News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Today I bumped into some Alejandra Bravo camping volunteers outside a highrise apartment building. They delivered flyers to all 18 floors of the building, while removing a ton of Cesar Palacio flyers that someone else delivered just a few hours earlier. They literally uncanvassed the entire building :D.

Last edited:
and removed a ton of Cesar Palacio flyers that someone else delivered just a few hours earlier.

Removed, like, from people's doors and stuff? Isn't that illegal--kinda like ripping down election signs or something?

Everyone: How is Andray Domise (See: www.andraydomise.ca) doing in his effort to win the Ward 2 City Council
seat against RF? This will probably be the most-watched Council race in Toronto tomorrow and I hope that AD wins
to send RF a message - that his health and well-being is more important then politics...LI MIKE

No chance. I've read that AD had a hard time convincing his own grandmother to vote against Ford. With RF being sick, he'll get at least 50% of the vote.

As far as Ward 18 is concerned, Ana Bailao has a *lot* of signs compared to Mazer. Her campaign appears quite relentless. I canvas for the Chow campaign and have seen Bailao's volunteers out and received a lot of literature from them - and they are on top of the signs. I support Mazer and would love to believe that he has such a large lead but I have to question the poll result.

Removed, like, from people's doors and stuff? Isn't that illegal--kinda like ripping down election signs or something?

The Cesar flyers were rolled up and jammed between the door knob and door frame. The Bravo camping people stole them and put their own flyers in the mailboxes. Their excuse: "they did the same thing to us". Oh well, Cesar is not that great of a councillor anyway.

Anyone giving Bussin any chances? I've got to give her credit for reapplying for that thankless job.
I'm in that ward. Bussin has a lot of signs out - but she did last time too. Bussin only got 26% last time compared to 65% for McMahon (and 3% for the next contender). i sense nothing in the wards that would change this - if anything I'd think McMahon would have a bigger margin on Bussin than last time.

As much as I dislike Palacio and hope Bravo wins, that's a bullshit manouver.

During the last municipal election in Ward 18 (the southern half of Davenport) a video surfaced of pre-MP Andrew Cash canvassing for Kevin Beaulieu (former Giambrone assistant and "official" NDP candidate) in an apartment building. Cash had some Ana Bailao flyers in his bag...was accused of taking them from the doors. Not cool at all, and I say this as someone who supported Beaulieu in that election.

You can easily find the video on Youtube still...

Knock that shit off, people.

Ward 37 Council candidate Luigi Lisciandro was working as an election official at General Crerar Public School in Ward 37. I recognized him and told the person in charge, who talked to him and called the election office, and he was asked to leave. Apparently he had been sent over as a replacement for someone who hadn't shown up.

Ward 37 Council candidate Luigi Lisciandro was working as an election official at General Crerar Public School in Ward 37. I recognized him and told the person in charge, who talked to him and called the election office, and he was asked to leave. Apparently he had been sent over as a replacement for someone who hadn't shown up.

that's terrible. IMO candidates should not be allowed to even be there, let alone work on the actual election!

Speak of getting out the vote. I came home from work today to a reminder hanging on my door from Mazer's team, reminding me to vote after I had told one of his people on Saturday that I was voting for him for sure. Two hours later, one of his guys was knocking on my door asking if I had voted yet.
Naturally, I had.....our polling station is in our lobby. It's like a gate to get in the building: Want to go home? Vote to enter.

Speak of getting out the vote. I came home from work today to a reminder hanging on my door from Mazer's team, reminding me to vote after I had told one of his people on Saturday that I was voting for him for sure. Two hours later, one of his guys was knocking on my door asking if I had voted yet.
Naturally, I had.....our polling station is in our lobby. It's like a gate to get in the building: Want to go home? Vote to enter.
I spent 5 hours today going door to door in my ward, getting out the vote.

Back