News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

John Parker lost by a large amount.

Joe Cressy won in Ward 20. Michael Thompson got over 80% of the vote and Norm Kelly got over 86% of the vote

Last edited:
John Parker lost by a large amount.
Ah, that would be the soul incumbent.

Moeser is very lucky. Re-elected with less than 26%. He's very lucky the others split the vote so much.

Good grief ... 3% of my ward is nutty enough to vote for James Sears? He makes Ford look like a sensible choice! Though if you believe Sears' claims, he's slept with about 3% of the ward, so perhaps that explains it.

Dammit, Mazer lost to Bailao by ~600 votes ><!

Also, is there something funky in the water in Ward 2? ...and Mammo....what is with that NW corner of town, seriously?

Moeser's re-election is probably the most frustrating for those hoping for an engaged electorate. How many times did he even show up for work over the past 4 years?

The pundits on City (or was it CP24) were commenting that this is the furthest-right council.

I'm not seeing this. Lots didn't change. And I'd say some shifted further left. In Ward 20, going from Vaughan to Cressy seems like a big shift left. And I'd think in Ward 39, going from Del Grande to Jim Karygiannis is a bit of a shift left - isn't Del Grande conservative? In Ward 5, I'm not sure really what to make of DiCiano, but he struck me as a bit left of Milczyn (who I also never knew what to make of).

And I'd put Tory to the left (a bit at least) of Rob Ford.

So surely this is a shift to the left. Did any ward really shift right?

I predicted that Stintz's ex-ward would win the James Pasternak lowest-winning-percentage award; by gosh, I was right, and CCGreb *beat* Pasternak's low 2010 percentage...

Dammit, Mazer lost to Bailao by ~600 votes ><!

Also, is there something funky in the water in Ward 2? ...and Mammo....what is with that NW corner of town, seriously?

Has to be lack of the English language

I spent 5 hours today going door to door in my ward, getting out the vote.

Same, I've worked relentlessly the past 3 days. And the establishment resulted in a Carmichael being elected anyway. ugh...

The fact that the one good conservative councillor Parker is the one that lost out is real disappointing. All these incumbents, how are they still here and Parker is gone?

This council is honestly terrible. Mammolitti and Ford are back for more, and now we got nutcase Karygiannis on the council floor. I really really wished Boutros, Mazer and Bravo won.

The two smartest conservatives on council (Parker and some extend Stintz) are gone, that's pretty depressing for the right-wing side of council.

I find it disconcerting that with only one incumbent turfed that the likelihood for high quality challengers of the Alex Mazer and Alejandra Bravo caliber to throw their hat in the ring is less likely. Council races take money and resources and if candidates like the aforementioned who seemingly have all the expertise and campaign resources are unable to take down weak incumbents, then what does that say about the potential for high caliber council candidates in 2018?

Last edited:
I find it disconcerting that with only one incumbent turfed that the likelihood for high quality challengers of the Alex Mazer and Alejandra Bravo caliber to throw their hat in the ring is less likely. Council races take money and resources and if candidates like the aforementioned who seemingly have all the expertise and campaign resources are unable to take down weak incumbents, then what does that say about the potential for high caliber council candidates in 2018?

That the system is flawed.

Back