News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

He isn't running for re-election, so he can't be punished for making this Ford madness happen...

So apparently councillor Peter Leon is the one who notarized the Ford's nomination papers in time to meet the deadline.

Good on him. The Ford's should be tossed out by voters for being bad at their jobs, not due to a technical glitch in the paperwork; although fucking up the paperwork is exactly what I would expect from a Ford.

Honestly, how did they not realize that a witness, "A person who sees an event" (Oxford Dictionary), needs to actually be present during the signing of the document.

Last edited:
No. This is a waste of time to even think about and even more a waste of time and money and resources. Pick a race that is actually close and get rid of Ford Nation sympathizers instead.

You mean, like, hand it to the Fords on a platter? That's getting pretty close to deamalgamationist "Etobicoke can keep Ford" idiocy, there.

Besides, if it were about "picking races that were actually close": by that measure, nobody should have bothered going up against Sandra Bussin in 2010, because she won with 70% of the vote in 2006 vs eight competitors who each failed to crack double digits...

Does the Ford campaign have a list of candidates they support at the council level ?

You mean, like, hand it to the Fords on a platter? That's getting pretty close to deamalgamationist "Etobicoke can keep Ford" idiocy, there.

Besides, if it were about "picking races that were actually close": by that measure, nobody should have bothered going up against Sandra Bussin in 2010, because she won with 70% of the vote in 2006 vs eight competitors who each failed to crack double digits...

Why is deamalgamation idiocy? It seems that most people in Scarborough, Etobicoke and North York have a radically different vision of what constitutes a good city than most people in the former City of Toronto. Why not let them go back to the 50's with people like Ford and Shiner, while we get on with city-building in Toronto?

Michelle Berardinetti just spammed me using contact info her council office collected when I contacted her about a council vote.

I believe this contravenes council election regulations, but I can't find the info online.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Hi-yoo. RT @jlancasterCBC Breaking: Toronto police launch criminal probe into [Mammoliti]'s fundraiser and the $80,000 he collected.

Boom!

From The Star, at this link:

Toronto police investigating Giorgio Mammoliti over fundraiser

City council has already docked the outspoken councillor's pay for three months over an $80,000 "gift" he received at a May 2013 event.

Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti (Open Giorgio Mammoliti’s policard) is under police investigation for accepting an $80,000 gift at a fundraiser last May, the Star has confirmed.

In July, integrity commissioner Janet Leiper wrote in a scathing report that Mammoliti had violated the city’s code of conduct by accepting an $80,000 gift from event organizers. Over 200 guests attended the $500-a-plate fundraiser, the report found.

Mammoliti, often a brash and polarizing figure on city council, has maintained that he did nothing wrong, and vowed to sue the city after council voted to dock his pay for 90 days over the issue. Councillors also directed the city to hire outside legal counsel to consider whether Mammoliti broke the law.

City spokesperson Wynna Brown said the law firm Stockwoods had been hired to look into the fundraiser.

“The matter has been referred to the police for such action as the police deem appropriate,” Brown wrote in an email.

The police investigation “will be with the financial crimes unit,” said police spokesperson Mark Pugash.

Mammoliti endorsed Doug Ford (Open Doug Ford’s policard) for mayor shortly after the councillor announced his candidacy.

Michelle Berardinetti just spammed me using contact info her council office collected when I contacted her about a council vote.

I believe this contravenes council election regulations, but I can't find the info online.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I got the same email today.

I got the same email today.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...38379bac0410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD#section7

VII. ELECTION CAMPAIGN WORK

Members are required to follow the provisions of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996. No member shall use the facilities, equipment, supplies, services or other resources of the City (including Councillor newsletters and websites linked through the City’s website) for any election campaign or campaign-related activities. No member shall undertake campaign-related activities on City property during regular working hours unless permitted by City policy (e.g., all candidates meetings). No member shall use the services of persons for election-related purposes during hours in which those persons receive any compensation from the City.

People like Nunziata showcase just how much of a gaping policy divide there is within the Liberal party. The fact that Nunziata, Karygiannis, and John McKay are in the same party as Wynne, Vaughan and Glen Murray is mind-numbing.

Back