News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Polls
Just got an autocall about Mayoral race, the only question I heard was "What is the most important issue in the Mayoral race?", the options were - Keep taxes low, Transit, Reduce Crime and other. It seemed like a loaded survey so I didn't answer. Interesting thing is the number is not for any legit poll takers - 647-846-0307.

As others have discussed, turnout in municipal elections is low and that helped Ford win in the first place. Hopefully more people are disgusted by him and vote.

Also, it seems that Scarborough has seemingly replaced Etobicoke as the new Ford Nation...

I thought voter turnout for Ford was high, higher than many previous elections.
High turnout means that you get more low information voters who have maybe one issue deciding their choice.

High turnout means that you get more low information voters who have maybe one issue deciding their choice.

Over 800,000 people didn't vote last time.

I remember looking at this a while ago. IIRC the total votes was only up minimally (~5% or less) compared to the previous mayoral election.

I think there was a lot of people who didn't vote because they didn't like the options, but that was covered off by Ford Nayshun showing up.

I'm very likely to vote for OC in the end...but what an uninspiring campaign. She seems to be using the same "play it safe" strategy used by Adrian Dix and the NDP in B.C.
Chow's campaign also reminds me a bit of Horwath's too. It's sort of an NDP devoid of dreaming anymore, while also of lower expectations about what government can do. She'll still probably get my vote, but 'uninspiring' about says it.

If the latest poll is accurate, it's definitely looking sweet for Tory. He has the most room for growth, by far. Ford is absolutely maxed out, and I honestly think his level of support is inflated. Chow isn't running a very good campaign, and she's slowly declining. I don't think she has the same growth potential as Tory because she's seen as the "leftie".

If the latest poll is accurate, it's definitely looking sweet for Tory. He has the most room for growth, by far. Ford is absolutely maxed out, and I honestly think his level of support is inflated. Chow isn't running a very good campaign, and she's slowly declining. I don't think she has the same growth potential as Tory because she's seen as the "leftie".

It's too early to say. The if 3 of them stay in a statistical tie up to the vote, it will be dangerous. I'm under the general assumption either Tory or Chow will take a lead at some point, leaving Ford 10 points behind, and that's where the fun begins. Will Ford Nayshun still show up, or just stay home? Or, will they finally change their minds and realize that Tory winning is more palatable (in their minds) than letting Chow win.

Lord knows, the Nayshun seems to like cutting off their noses to spite their face.

I should be the core Chow voter. Young-ish, live and work downtown, I have a professional, unionised job. I bike, walk and take transit. I'm a progressive who usually votes NDP or occasionally Liberal.

But I am left uninspired by the Chow campaign. I prefer Soknacki and flirted with Ari Goldkind (before he turned out to be a bit of a kook) because they are both saying things that I agree with and needs to be done.

This is totally Adrian Dix all over again.

I can not stomach John Tory, that Mitt Romney, anti cyclist, anti-DRL, pro car candidate who looks to me as regressive as Ford, just not embarrasing. He's got the worst transporation plan of all of the major non-Ford candidates.

I should be the core Chow voter. Young-ish, live and work downtown, I have a professional, unionised job. I bike, walk and take transit. I'm a progressive who usually votes NDP or occasionally Liberal.

But I am left uninspired by the Chow campaign. I prefer Soknacki and flirted with Ari Goldkind (before he turned out to be a bit of a kook) because they are both saying things that I agree with and needs to be done.

This is totally Adrian Dix all over again.

I can not stomach John Tory, that Mitt Romney, anti cyclist, anti-DRL, pro car candidate who looks to me as regressive as Ford, just not embarrasing. He's got the worst transporation plan of all of the major non-Ford candidates.

IMO, Tory needs to appeal to downtowners, since Ford is not dropping out any time soon.

Back