News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Due to the nature of this election, I feel like it might be nigh-impossible for Soknacki to pull out a victory. For more people to take note of him, he'd need to start polling higher. To do that, he'd have to suck votes away from Chow & Tory. But the second they start to slip beneath Ford, everybody will panic and go back to Chow/Tory.

Due to the nature of this election, I feel like it might be nigh-impossible for Soknacki to pull out a victory. For more people to take note of him, he'd need to start polling higher. To do that, he'd have to suck votes away from Chow & Tory. But the second they start to slip beneath Ford, everybody will panic and go back to Chow/Tory.

If Ford was still in the running, then for sure. But if Ford's numbers sinks to such a level that he's no longer in contention then voters might be less inclined to vote strategically.

If Ford was still in the running, then for sure. But if Ford's numbers sinks to such a level that he's no longer in contention then voters might be less inclined to vote strategically.

So far, nothing seems to be able to do that short of being arrested. He could be caught on camera snorting coke and would still pull in 20% of the vote somehow.

I think this just sealed the deal for me and Soknacki. He's the only one of the candidates that has applied sound logic and/or facts to every single thing he's supported. Everyone else is using platitudes and political pandering. I don't even care about strategically voting for Chow to keep Ford out anymore.

i'm catching up on this thread after being away from it for about a week... and to this post i must say... woohoo!! i want to hear more of this. strategic voting is dumb. i bet many the underdog could have won if people just voted for what they thought was best, instead of bulking up the votes of someone they don't really want.

makes me think of this...

David Soknacki is probably the guy who impressed me the most. I didn’t know him a lot as a councilor to be honest. Seems like a guy who know his stuff unlike the ton of gimmicks which others say. Sadly, perhaps he is just too honest and competent for this job.

http://matvail2002.wordpress.com/20...oronto-got-another-show-about-nothing-topoli/

please vote for things like honesty and competence!

I used to say that in a perfect world I'd vote Soks. And when it came down to the wire, I'll vote for anyone who is leading as long as it's not Ford. But I just realized there is another possible scenario where Ford is so far behind that strategic voting is not longer necessary and I can safely vote for Soks! His ideas are just too good and sensible to pass up.

yay, there is more!

yes he's kinda awkward and geeky, but soks in the only candidate whose ideas actually get me excited about / for this city.

So far, nothing seems to be able to do that short of being arrested. He could be caught on camera snorting coke and would still pull in 20% of the vote somehow.

Agreed. I don't think Ford is going to drop substantially below the margin of error of 27%. If he suddenly did, then sure I could see Soknacki having a shot. But it seems very unlikely.

Agreed. I don't think Ford is going to drop substantially below the margin of error of 27%. If he suddenly did, then sure I could see Soknacki having a shot. But it seems very unlikely.

As others have discussed, turnout in municipal elections is low and that helped Ford win in the first place. Hopefully more people are disgusted by him and vote.

Also, it seems that Scarborough has seemingly replaced Etobicoke as the new Ford Nation...

Last edited:

Well, how about a drug video AND pulling a DUI in one go then?

Or he could stay be arrested before Oct 27!:)

Innov8TO Networking Event

soknacki_fundraiser_final_(1).jpg

http://www.soknacki2014.com/innov8to_fundraiser

Attachments

• soknacki_fundraiser_final_(1).jpg
    soknacki_fundraiser_final_(1).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 421
That's a GREAT poster. I kind of want to vote for him just for that. (well, and all the other reasons)

Back