News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sad to see the NDP losing many seats, but Canada seems to have decided Liberal was our best hope to get Canada back from the darkness.

I'm not a liberal supporter, but I wonder what Adam Vaughan will do for Toronto, now that Trudeau has been elected, and with a majority.

Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 12.37.13 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 12.37.13 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-20 at 12.37.13 AM.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 423
Looks like we chucked out Fatino and elected Blair. Which was the worst Toronto police chief?
My gosh, is there any contest? Fantino by a light-year.

Toronto police were a corrupt and racist force when Blair took over. Organization change takes time. And they have moved. They need to move further, but Blair has pushed them. Perhaps he should have pushed harder ... but you can only go so far.

I suspect I'd have voted NDP in that riding. But I have a lot less qualms about Blair than I had about Fantino.

The BQ actually won seats. I was expecting them to be shut out.

Not much of a victory for them. PKP put a lot on the line to get them back in the House of Commons. Nonetheless, their popular vote actually declined from the disastrous 2011 election. The ten seats is a factor of vote splitting in some ridings rather than any big endorsement of the Bloc. Duceppe didn't win his seat, and they are two seats short of official party status, with all the privileges and funding that would have come with that. It's better than being shut out completely, but not by much.

Back