News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I voted Liberal (for the first time) because I want a leader who is capable of nation building.

That is the one thing that Trudeau could deeply disappoint me with.

I voted Liberal (for the first time) because I want a leader who is capable of nation building.

That is the one thing that Trudeau could deeply disappoint me with.

Indeed. Politics aside, intentional divisiveness is something I do not want to see from this government.

AoD

I wonder if it's too late to restore the long form for 2016. Counting starts in about 6 months.

It probably is, but make it happen - triple overtime and move heaven and earth if necessary - a decadal damage to the Census record is completely unacceptable. That, and legislatively firewall Statscan and make it an independent org.

And for his stance and integrity, Munir Sheikh would make an excellent Senate appointment.

AoD

Last edited:
How quickly could we see decriminalized marijuana? Obviously the legalization, taxation, regulation, supply chain will need to be worked out with longer timeframes...

As much as I want it legalized, that can wait a bit. I want to see how bad things really were when Harper left.

Katie Simpson ‏@KatieSimpsonCTV 31s31 seconds ago
Statement from the Conservative Party says Stephen Harper will stay on as an MP, process to select interim leader to begin right away

Lynton Crosby's dog whistle tactics really did backfire.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's too late to restore the long form for 2016. Counting starts in about 6 months.
Whether it is too late or not is probably up to Stats Canada. Do they want to co-operate and move heaven and earth to pull it off. Or do they want to go with what they did last time.

I'll put money on that they'll move heaven and earth for better data.

In 2011, the Conservatives won a majority of seats in the House of Commons with only 39.62% of the votes cast. There were more people in Canada against the Conservatives than for them, at the time.

In 2015, the Liberals won a majority of seats, and with 54.4% popularity of the votes cast. It is a true majority of over 50% plus one. There are more people for the Liberals than against them. The Conservatives has only 29.3% of the popular vote.

In 2011, the Conservatives won a majority of seats in the House of Commons with only 39.62% of the votes cast. There were more people in Canada against the Conservatives than for them, at the time.
However they did get 53.9% of the seats. It's very rare for a party to get more than 50% of the vote. In 1984 the PC got 50.0%. The last time it was much more than 50%+1 was Diefenbaker in 1958.

In 2015, the Liberals won a majority of seats, and with 54.4% popularity of the votes cast. It is a true majority of over 50% plus one.
No, they got 54.4% of the seats. They only had 39.5% of the vote - less than the Conservatives had in 2011.

In 2015, the Liberals won a majority of seats, and with 54.4% popularity of the votes cast. It is a true majority of over 50% plus one. There are more people for the Liberals than against them. The Conservatives has only 29.3% of the popular vote.

My understanding is that LPC got 39.5% of the votes vs 39.6% for CPC in 2011.

AoD

that would be nice if it were true ;)

My understanding is that LPC got 39.5% of the votes vs 39.6% for CPC in 2011.

AoD

My mistake.

Still... Trudeau has nice hair.

justin-trudeau-411.jpg

Wonder if I should include my own photo on my résumé... nah.

Back