News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Some new polls just came out in the last few days. On Friday Mainstreet came out. Which I personally find sketchy and I am not sure why 308 puts so much weight on what they say considering this is their first polling ever for a federal election. They have no track record to speak of federally. Two weeks ago they came out with the odd CPC 11-point lead with a 38% support. Which most found absurd, then we found out there formula was the flawed "likely voters" (ignoring the large number of leaning voters which of under-represents "anybody but harper" as it ignores the people who will vote for either NDP/Liberal to keep Harper out) This time around they changed there formula to including "leaning" and got a more realistic CPC-31, NDP-30, Lib-29. Yet there right up says Conservatives have "momentum" (yet this is their first poll with this formula) There write-up says "Nationally, this means we are back to a three way race with the Conservative lead narrowing to just 4 points over both the Liberals and the NDP,” Which makes no sense as their numbers had a point difference but their write up says 4-points? Mainstreet is just a mess. Again no clue why 308 puts so much weight on them

The other Friday poll was Ekos. Their numbers are CPC-30, NDP-32, Lib-24, Bq-o4, Grn-07. Even though they are a more famous name, I find there numbers recently have been way off and I don't view their polls with a grain of salt. I find the Liberal number to be way to low and I just don't see Green getting 7%

On Saturday a not very well known polling firm called Leger came out with Conservatives at third. Their numbers are CPC-27, NDP-33, Lib-28,BQ-05, Grn-06. Leger not as popular as some other names as they are Quebec based (I believe) and isn't associated with any English media that I know of, but just going on by past success they are certainly above average and I hold them into high regard. It's what I always found fault in 308 I don't think they take into account past track record when they weigh which polls to focus on more.

My current polling
Nanos (Aug 7) CPC 31..... NDP 30.... Lib 29... Blc 04... Grn 05
Ipsos (Aug 10) CPC 31.... NDP 33... Lib 28... Blc 04... Grn 04
Leger (Aug 12) CPC 27... NDP 33... Lib 28... Blc 05... Grn 06
Forum (Aug 11) CPC 28... NDP 34... Lib 27... Blc 06... Grn 04
MY Total: CPC 30... NDP 34... Lib 28... Blc 04... Grn 05

If only that Leger poll were true. I would love to see the Conservatives reduced to third party status.

Quick question for political junkies on election law.

Are federal election candidates allowed to use election data - voter lists, phone numbers, etc. - from provincial or local elections? For instance, can Olivia Chow and Adam Vaughan use their lists from their previous municipal runs?

Last edited:
Well, I am glad to see that they have carefully vetted for nutbars to attend their choreographed events. So that's the type of behaviour I can expect from individuals posing in front of our flag? Tsk tsk. Canada Leadership indeed.

Anyways, Harper is the type who doesn't know when to quit - it's pretty self-evident that he enjoys power for the sake of it, and from his actions over the past decade (e.g. the promulgation affair) that he prioritize political survival over the integrity of the political system. That's not what I'd expect from a self-proclaimed patriot.

AoD

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back