News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Though I am not one of his neighbours, I just got this from Justin di Dunpar! Interesting that election to the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame and an opposition to sidewalks is seen as a good reason to support Grimey!

Dear Neighbour;

I am writing to tell you why I’m voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes as our next City Councillor.

Monday's election in Etobicoke-Lakeshore is so important because we have accomplished a lot together these past four years, and it is now at risk. We can’t afford to see our accomplishments reversed by a candidate who is beholden to "Progress Toronto", the outside special interest group campaigning only on smears and innuendos.

The facts are, Councillor Mark Grimes & I worked to:

• DOUBLE DEVELOPMENT CHARGES
  • TRANSFORM THE WESTWOOD THEATRE LANDS FOR COMMUNITY USE
  • INVEST IN THE QUEENSWAY
  • PROTECT THE KINGSWAY & SUNNYLEA FROM OVER DEVELOPMENT

I mention this because without the dedication, support, and experience of Councillor Mark Grimes, all the above would not have been possible.

Most importantly, Councillor Mark Grimes is a trusted colleague at Toronto City Hall and that matters when it comes to getting things done.

URGENT - SAY NO TO BLOOR STREET LANE REDUCTION!

Mark Grimes is the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST THE REDUCTION OF TRAFFIC LANES ON BLOOR STREET in the Kingsway & Sunnylea. All the other candidates want to extend the downtown Bloor Bike Lanes into Etobicoke putting more local traffic onto our residential streets. Mark Grimes will always consult with residents first about major projects such as this.

NO MORE SIDEWALKS!

Mark Grimes is also the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST INSTALLING MORE SIDEWALKS on residential streets in The Kingsway & Sunnylea where residents don’t want them. The other candidates have promised to move forward without community consultation.

Please click the link below to watch a short video of Grimes being inducted into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame, and judge for yourself, who the best candidate is for our community.

[WATCH] Councillor Mark Grimes Induction into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame

On Monday, October 22nd, I will be voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes, I hope you will consider doing the same.

The "NO MORE SIDEWALKS" and the anti-bicycle bias by Mark Grimes is two reasons NOT to vote for him, in Ward 3 Etobicoke-Lakeshore.

Last edited:
Though I am not one of his neighbours, I just got this from Justin di Dunpar! Interesting that election to the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame and an opposition to sidewalks is seen as a good reason to support Grimey!

Dear Neighbour;

I am writing to tell you why I’m voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes as our next City Councillor.

Monday's election in Etobicoke-Lakeshore is so important because we have accomplished a lot together these past four years, and it is now at risk. We can’t afford to see our accomplishments reversed by a candidate who is beholden to "Progress Toronto", the outside special interest group campaigning only on smears and innuendos.

The facts are, Councillor Mark Grimes & I worked to:

• DOUBLE DEVELOPMENT CHARGES
  • TRANSFORM THE WESTWOOD THEATRE LANDS FOR COMMUNITY USE
  • INVEST IN THE QUEENSWAY
  • PROTECT THE KINGSWAY & SUNNYLEA FROM OVER DEVELOPMENT

I mention this because without the dedication, support, and experience of Councillor Mark Grimes, all the above would not have been possible.

Most importantly, Councillor Mark Grimes is a trusted colleague at Toronto City Hall and that matters when it comes to getting things done.

URGENT - SAY NO TO BLOOR STREET LANE REDUCTION!

Mark Grimes is the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST THE REDUCTION OF TRAFFIC LANES ON BLOOR STREET in the Kingsway & Sunnylea. All the other candidates want to extend the downtown Bloor Bike Lanes into Etobicoke putting more local traffic onto our residential streets. Mark Grimes will always consult with residents first about major projects such as this.

NO MORE SIDEWALKS!

Mark Grimes is also the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST INSTALLING MORE SIDEWALKS on residential streets in The Kingsway & Sunnylea where residents don’t want them. The other candidates have promised to move forward without community consultation.

Please click the link below to watch a short video of Grimes being inducted into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame, and judge for yourself, who the best candidate is for our community.

[WATCH] Councillor Mark Grimes Induction into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame

On Monday, October 22nd, I will be voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes, I hope you will consider doing the same.
Question here, Etobicoke has a Sports Hall of Fame? Better question actually, why in the planet would Mark Grimes be in this Sports Hall of Fame in the first place?

I'm really looking forward to the day that the OPP lays the hammer down on DiCiano, i've had enough of his non-sense.

It really sucks that Di Ciano is such a shady guy cause I actually think I agree with him on most political issues.

Also Amber Morley and Pamela Gough are unelectable.

It really sucks that Di Ciano is such a shady guy cause I actually think I agree with him on most political issues.

Also Amber Morley and Pamela Gough are unelectable.

How's Gough "unelectable"? She's has an electoral history as school trustee, and I presume she might have been the frontrunner to replace Di Ciano under the old ward model. (Doesn't mean she has much of a chance vs incumbent Grimes; but that's not the same as calling her "unelectable".)

Oh, and re Etobicoke's Sports Hall Of Fame...

https://etobicokesports.ca/

You could say all of the above about Rob Ford.
You are saying someone who holds different views than your own could not be an effective councillor. I'm not a fan of that kind of hyper-partisan thinking. Councillor Campbell is respectful, and is reasonable, not things you could say about Rob Ford. Sure, I'd prefer Erica Kelly, but that doesn't mean Campbell isn't effective. I'm curious, if a council member votes for progressive ideas but doesn't engage his/her community, doesn't participate in community events, or respond to their needs, would you say they are an effective councillor?

With Giorgio Mammoliti for Ward 7 Humber River–Black Creek in the Toronto Sun list, it seems that the Toronto Sun has produced a list of Councillor candidates NOT to vote for.
Similarly to giving millions of monkeys typewriters and getting Hamlet, the Sun can be right sometimes!

With Giorgio Mammoliti for Ward 7 Humber River–Black Creek in the Toronto Sun list, it seems that the Toronto Sun has produced a list of Councillor candidates NOT to vote for.

Actually aside from Mammo who is basically the Josh Matlow of the Burbs there are actually many very good councillors in that list. I'd be happy to see both out for good.

Back