News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mammoliti sounds desperate, and I'm loving every minute of it. Having him turfed will make this entire mess of a process almost worth it.....

Maybe even more interesting to monitor is how he'll handle being turfed. (I can even picture him winding up in custody for physically attacking a journalist, or something...)

Good timing — new Forum poll released today puts Peruzza at 42 percent, 22 for Mammoliti and 12 for Ford.

https://www.cp24.com/news/several-big-names-trailing-in-latest-toronto-ward-polls-1.4139711

What I find strange is how they leave out significant names (Sgro, Lekan O., etc) in these ward polls.

Also how compared to Mainstreet, DVW's flipped advantage and DVE shows a tighter DMW-Caplan margin (though given signage, I'm not surprised that Padovani's stronger in YSW than the earlier Mainstreet poll indicated)--and unless it was a too-many-candidates circumstance, I'm surprised that Filion had such a strong lead...

Campbell's not a very good councillor by any stretch, but it's pretty sad that he's barely leading a total idiot like Stephen Holyday.

Still, I think Campbell will eke out the win. He's got way more lawn signs out there.
How would you define "not a very good councillor"? As far as I know, he is quite involved in the community, puts out newsletters, responds to constituents. I think the Star was on point with their endorsement for him, he's a reasonable guy, who happens to be fiscally conservative. I don't tend to label someone I disagree with on issues to be "not very good councillors".

I can see Giorgio Mammoliti doing something similar to this, the day after Monday, October 22, 2018.

Maybe even more interesting to monitor is how he'll handle being turfed. (I can even picture him winding up in custody for physically attacking a journalist, or something...)
Are you kidding? He’ll get a cushy provincial appointment by Christmas. Probably get put in charge of uploading the TTC or something.

If this is true god Shan is the one of the most incompetent Councillors ever. He tries for years to get elected...then he finally wins a by election then the first proper election is wayyy behind a challenger ...jeeeeezze

I find that outside of the highly-populated Tamil community in the northern section of Ward 25, his support seems low.

Last edited:
Though in the old ward model, I can see McKelvie as having been the frontrunner in Moeser country--and it happens to be whiter/more affluent/presumably-higher-turnout than Shan's turf...

The new ward has more Ward 44 (Moeser country) than Shan's old turf. Despite my left-leaning views, I'm not that thrilled about Shan - he seemed to be entirely focused on his Morningside Heights neighbourhood, and an unfortunate subway fanatic. Jennifer McKelvie did well in 2014, though she later became a shill for the Scarborough subway.

I would not be surprised to see McKelvie win, even by a large margin.

That's what Karygiannis did four years ago - just put a white sticker over the Liberal logo. I think he has new signs this year, but I don't live in his ward anymore.

Some of Karygiannis' signs are new, some are recycled. Driving around Ontario, you can see a lot of campaign signs that were either recycled from provincial or federal campaigns, or using new signs appearing very similar to them.

How would you define "not a very good councillor"? As far as I know, he is quite involved in the community, puts out newsletters, responds to constituents. I think the Star was on point with their endorsement for him, he's a reasonable guy, who happens to be fiscally conservative. I don't tend to label someone I disagree with on issues to be "not very good councillors".

You could say all of the above about Rob Ford.

The sweetest of all ironies: that the 25-ward system which Mammo gloated about as a method of sweeping out lefty councillors, looks poised to sweep *him* out instead (and if we're to go by Forum, Tiffany Ford by herself might not have been enough to defeat him)

Last edited:
Though I am not one of his neighbours, I just got this from Justin di Dunpar! Interesting that election to the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame and an opposition to sidewalks is seen as a good reason to support Grimey!

Dear Neighbour;

I am writing to tell you why I’m voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes as our next City Councillor.

Monday's election in Etobicoke-Lakeshore is so important because we have accomplished a lot together these past four years, and it is now at risk. We can’t afford to see our accomplishments reversed by a candidate who is beholden to "Progress Toronto", the outside special interest group campaigning only on smears and innuendos.

The facts are, Councillor Mark Grimes & I worked to:

• DOUBLE DEVELOPMENT CHARGES
  • TRANSFORM THE WESTWOOD THEATRE LANDS FOR COMMUNITY USE
  • INVEST IN THE QUEENSWAY
  • PROTECT THE KINGSWAY & SUNNYLEA FROM OVER DEVELOPMENT

I mention this because without the dedication, support, and experience of Councillor Mark Grimes, all the above would not have been possible.

Most importantly, Councillor Mark Grimes is a trusted colleague at Toronto City Hall and that matters when it comes to getting things done.

URGENT - SAY NO TO BLOOR STREET LANE REDUCTION!

Mark Grimes is the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST THE REDUCTION OF TRAFFIC LANES ON BLOOR STREET in the Kingsway & Sunnylea. All the other candidates want to extend the downtown Bloor Bike Lanes into Etobicoke putting more local traffic onto our residential streets. Mark Grimes will always consult with residents first about major projects such as this.

NO MORE SIDEWALKS!

Mark Grimes is also the only major candidate that will FIGHT AGAINST INSTALLING MORE SIDEWALKS on residential streets in The Kingsway & Sunnylea where residents don’t want them. The other candidates have promised to move forward without community consultation.

Please click the link below to watch a short video of Grimes being inducted into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame, and judge for yourself, who the best candidate is for our community.

[WATCH] Councillor Mark Grimes Induction into the Etobicoke Sports Hall of Fame

On Monday, October 22nd, I will be voting to Re-Elect Mark Grimes, I hope you will consider doing the same.

Some of Karygiannis' signs are new, some are recycled. Driving around Ontario, you can see a lot of campaign signs that were either recycled from provincial or federal campaigns, or using new signs appearing very similar to them.

In Toronto, you can say that about the former provincial NDP candidates running in Etobicoke Centre and Willowdale--or even David Caplan in DVE, who has very "Liberal-esque" signs...

Back