News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

@steveintoronto, regarding that email you posted an excerpt from, the epidemic (and it is an epidemic) of dick pics is actually mind-boggling. Every single one of my girlfriends who has tried internet dating has been subjected to unsolicited dick pics from guys they had just recently met.
These ladies are all in their late 20s-very early 30s and so are the guys sending the dick pics. These are sent by a majority of guys they meet. Contrary to what your correspondent says in the email, they do not accept it and couldn't give a fu*k about pleasing a bunch of man-child wankers. In my circle of friends, dick pics are grounds for immediate blacklisting.
It's not attractive and I have no idea where guys who are the same age as me got the idea that any lady with even a shred of self-respect would find it endearing. I hear the stories from my friends all the time and can't get my head over the fact that these guys are my peers. I didn't go to a special school of courtship but I sure as hell know how to treat people with respect and know well enough what women find attractive. These people are complete man-child wastemen and ladies with self-respect do not accept it.
As for the Tinder date abuse...that's a real thing as well. Guys who are almost immediately possessive and controlling, after a single date....and worse, unfortunately.
It's so bad that I'm on constant stand-by as a potential intervening male in case shit goes completely sideways.

I'm not sure what happened to vast numbers of people in my generation but they sure as hell didn't learn how to live life very well. Shitty parents, I guess.

We're now starting to get the echoes and reverberations of the 'Brown-out', and a sense of how...surreal...the 'accusations' are being viewed as.
Patrick Brown’s ex-chief of staff now working for Vic Fedeli
[...]
Velshi also addressed the allegations swirling around his former boss, Brown.

“Everyone who works in OLO deserves to be able to do their jobs free from harassment. As (Fedeli) said yesterday, ‘harassment has no place in our society. Any allegations must be taken very seriously’ and we must create a ‘safe, comfortable environment’ for all of our staff,” he wrote.

“While we strengthen our processes, let me be very clear. Zero tolerance means zero tolerance. If you have engaged in inappropriate behaviour towards a fellow staff member in OLO, you need to leave and leave now, because I will redefine the meaning of the word ruthlessness in protecting staff who work for me.”

Velshi and director of communications Rebecca Thompson — both well-regarded former federal Conservative staffers — were credited with professionalizing Brown’s chaotic office when they joined last year.
https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...hief-of-staff-now-working-for-vic-fedeli.html

What a bizarre set of claims. This was Brown's head of staff, and he apparently has absolutely no concept of what the allegations were, from whom, and when they allegedly occurred.

The allegations had absolutely nothing to do with a "‘safe, comfortable environment’ for all of our staff,” The allegations may or may not yet be proven by an inquiry or court of law, but all of this has *zero* to do with the here and now, and the working environment around Brown.

And this individual is now head of staff for Fedeli? May I suggest hiring Baron Munchausen for PR to supplement the style and ability of the OntCon machine?

Last edited:
I never thought I'd be saying this, but the TorSun (for once in a Blue Moon) has an incredibly well written and detailed piece today with some information not seen elsewhere prior. My impression is that this article, even though it bylines four of the Sun's most prominent journos, was written by someone in editorial:
[...]
There are conflicting reports from within about what really went down after that. At some point Brown and the few remaining supporters he had by his side were still trying to figure out a path to survival. They even had a story to discredit one of the two accusers. A woman was stepping forward to say there was no way one of the allegations was real because she was with Brown that night, the entire time. They were even thinking about having her stand beside him at the podium during a presser.
[...]
http://torontosun.com/news/provinci...ruggle-to-win-control-of-the-ontario-pc-party

The Stun has a number of well written pieces on the topic. Has Hell frozen over? There must be a concerted effort from 'on high' at the Sun to be their best on this. Fair enough...you don't want to be on the wrong side of the eventual winner.

P.S: Note the examination given of Velshi in this and other articles. There's something disproportionate and curious about his actions and role in all of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: jys
I never thought I'd be saying this, but the TorSun (for once in a Blue Moon) has an incredibly well written and detailed piece today with some information not seen elsewhere prior. My impression is that this article, even though it bylines four of the Sun's most prominent journos, was written by someone in editorial:

http://torontosun.com/news/provinci...ruggle-to-win-control-of-the-ontario-pc-party

The Stun has a number of well written pieces on the topic. Has Hell frozen over? There must be a concerted effort from 'on high' at the Sun to be their best on this. Fair enough...you don't want to be on the wrong side of the eventual winner.

P.S: Note the examination given of Velshi in this and other articles. There's something disproportionate and curious about his actions and role in all of this.
Then why did that woman not stand with Brown when he denied things? I wonder what the truth is in all of this: Even as it stands, I did not think what he did 10 years ago due to mixed signals or as most guys do assuming alll women are in to them it warranted Brown step down if he had handled the press conference way way better, but the fact now that there was someone who could have discredited one of the women to say she was with Brown the night the event supposedly happened, this is insane

Then why did that woman not stand with Brown when he denied things? I wonder what the truth is in all of this:
To be honest, without knowing more, this person's claims are as fatuous as the allegation she proffers to discredit. How would she know what night the allegation occurred? We're being presented with stories dangling in mid-air...and that's exactly the point.

Even as it stands, I did not think what he did 10 years ago due to mixed signals or as most guys do assuming alll women are in to them it warranted Brown step down
I forget which one of the four major Toronto publications it was today, one of them had a featured story, the gist being "PET would have fallen on far more substantive allegations today".

Brown won't re-attain the crown, it's hopeless, he might not/probably won't even have a chance to clear his name, even female candidates be warned! You can tumble on merely a hiccup of 'J'Accuse'. Almost as many women as men lost their heads during the French Revolution, many for just wearing the wrong clothing.

P.S: Just looking for the "PET" story I mentioned above, and this jumped out at me:
Trudeau says women who speak up about sexual harassment must be believed1 HOUR AGO UPDATED

Someone has a poor recollection of family history. Justin is looking for a fall...
"Sexual harassment is a systemic problem. It is unacceptable. When women speak up, it is our duty to listen to them and to believe them."
Unlike his father, he's no constitutional lawyer or professor, that's very clear. All it would take to satisfy his lust to allure and seduce the gullible is state: "Must be taken *seriously*" not "believed". Belief is...phhh...ostensibly, based on proof.

Here's the article I mentioned prior:
MARIN: #MeToo movement would have halted Trudeaumania
http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/marin-metoo-movement-would-have-halted-trudeaumania

But this also jumped off the page Googling for that:
It's a week old, predates the present OntCon imbroglio, but addresses it indirectly, and Justin's dangerous dalliance into waters that could drown not only himself, but Wynne and others and almost anyone in politics on the anonymous word of a shadow: (For the record, I'm a Radical Centrist, so I'm not taking sides)
Corbella: Trudeau should read the charter and honour his father
LICIA CORBELLA
January 20, 2018

Pierre Elliott Trudeau — one of the main architects of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms — would be rolling over in his grave if he knew how cavalier his eldest son is with its contents.

So to refresh Trudeau Junior’s memory, here are some key components of the charter, which is pinned to my bulletin board at work.

The first line is my favourite: “Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law.”
[...]
Truth, in other words, is not relative; rather, it is absolute. That’s the very foundation upon which Canada is built and upon which the rule of law in this great country has evolved, whether you believe in a supreme being or not.

Next, it reads that the charter “guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.”
[...continues at length...]
http://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/trudeau-should-read-the-charter-and-honour-his-father

That's from the Calgary Herald, decidedly "right of centre'. But something rather interesting is happening, perhaps it's just transient, perhaps ulterior motive, but the rightist newspapers are the ones most seriously examining the recent 'leadership' events in the last few weeks.

Two questions to the forum:
Can anyone post a poll as to the popularity (electability) of Mulroney, et al? If so, would someone? (I'm not adept at this forum's software idiosyncrasies)

And:

Since this forum is centred on Wynne, is she also prone to fall on the slightest suggestion of impropriety...of any sort?

Last edited:
Reactions: jys
@steveintoronto, regarding that email you posted an excerpt from, the epidemic (and it is an epidemic) of dick pics is actually mind-boggling. Every single one of my girlfriends who has tried internet dating has been subjected to unsolicited dick pics from guys they had just recently met.
These ladies are all in their late 20s-very early 30s and so are the guys sending the dick pics. These are sent by a majority of guys they meet. Contrary to what your correspondent says in the email, they do not accept it and couldn't give a fu*k about pleasing a bunch of man-child wankers. In my circle of friends, dick pics are grounds for immediate blacklisting.
It's not attractive and I have no idea where guys who are the same age as me got the idea that any lady with even a shred of self-respect would find it endearing. I hear the stories from my friends all the time and can't get my head over the fact that these guys are my peers. I didn't go to a special school of courtship but I sure as hell know how to treat people with respect and know well enough what women find attractive. These people are complete man-child wastemen and ladies with self-respect do not accept it.
As for the Tinder date abuse...that's a real thing as well. Guys who are almost immediately possessive and controlling, after a single date....and worse, unfortunately.
It's so bad that I'm on constant stand-by as a potential intervening male in case shit goes completely sideways.

I'm not sure what happened to vast numbers of people in my generation but they sure as hell didn't learn how to live life very well. Shitty parents, I guess.

Sadly, sometimes they work. Not my style at all but girls have told me about the number of pics they do receive. It's pretty sad really. Of every 10 that get sent, you might get 2 that are interested so some guys just play the numbers.

Sadly, sometimes they work. Not my style at all but girls have told me about the number of pics they do receive. It's pretty sad really. Of every 10 that get sent, you might get 2 that are interested so some guys just play the numbers.
In deference to the Moderator, who is right, this is such an explosive topic that it could just as easily detract from the more immediate one.

Could one of the moderators or a poster open a forum on this? It has great bearing on this thread and others, but should be discussed in its own string, and observations/conclusions referred back to this one. The common factors are 'this i-generation' '#MeToo' and 'sexual misconduct'.

am told if tory's in, @C_Mulroney & @RodPhillips01 wouldn't join.
That would stand to reason, but as to Ford...I've been taken aback at how his name has disappeared from almost all stories on this the last few days...including...and amazingly...TorSun! My point being that particular 'spectre' seems to have disappeared off the radar.

As for Tory, he'd do well to stay clear of this, for reasons other posters will make clear. Could he be a great help behind the scenes? Absolutely, and make his role as Mayor *much* easier. Perhaps he's already received a phone call or two from Brian setting up a 'new order' for Ontario.

Steve Paikin reporting:

Major development in @OntarioPCParty leadership race: mayor @JohnTory getting tons of pressure to run as the consensus candidate, especially by those who don't want Doug @fordnation as leader. Am told if Tory's in, @C_Mulroney & @RodPhillips01 wouldn't join.
I cant believe i'm saying this, but I dont want Tory to enter the PC race at all and i'd rather have him stay as Mayor of Toronto (as much as a "steady", uninspiring hand he is). Him being a PC leader, would clear the way to Ford becoming Mayor and that would launch Phase 2 of the Destroy Toronto Agenda.

I cant believe i'm saying this, but I dont want Tory to enter the PC race at all and i'd rather have him stay as Mayor of Toronto (as much as a "steady", uninspiring hand he is). Him being a PC leader, would clear the way to Ford becoming Mayor and that would launch Phase 2 of the Destroy Toronto Agenda.

I can see why the Conservatives would consider the plan to upload Tory. He's a safe play, he could pull some Toronto support from Wynne and they also know Ford has a solid base of 20-30% in Toronto and it might even be a gamble leaving Tory to go head to head in a full campaign. Tory is a bit exposed as he doesn't really have a great transit record to defend himself this election and I don't think he's a shoe in like some polls are showing. If Tory does move up the City's Left will have a chance to field a better candidate with a more Central position that could possibly go head to head and defeat Ford.

Personally Im in agreement that Tory keeps things status quo and keeps some realm of peace and id also be slightly surprised the Conservatives don't go with female in this climate with Elliott or Mulroney. But I can see the Cons wanting a possible Ford-Tory partnership rather than Ford taking a run as Browns successor or have an ugly election war against Tory when they could have improved chances to take the Province and City rather than just one.

Last edited:
If Tory were to run, I would enjoy the irony Kathleen Wynne's road tolls fiasco coming back to bite her in the ass.

Tory has always acted somewhat as a Premier even as Mayor. His Smarttrack albeit an election ploy, I believe was also a large gesture for Markham and the "Orient-Express" he also partnered with York region to bundle support for the DRL and Yonge extension early on. I have little doubt he wants to be at the Provincial level.

Last edited:

Back