News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Remember this incident. May lost all credibility and its a sad statement on the people of Vancouver Island who voted for again after this.

She was drunk, and she apologized the next day - it is bad, but not a career ending move. Besides, BC at large didn't seem to have trouble with Gordon Campbell driving drunk back in 2003 and rewarded him with a second and third term - should I read that as an even sadder statement given that's actually against the law?

Oh, and on that matter, ditto Rob Ford and his drunken ACC rant - and in the case, he even denied it and refused to apologize - and it was years before the municipal mayoral election. Sad statement that.

AoD

Last edited:
True.

I'm really curious to find out how Brown's sister knows for a fact, as she claims, that these allegations are false.
The accused for the Gay Murders sister acted same. It's irrelevant. "I've known him all his life and I've never seen anything like that". I'm sure Hitler's sister said same, if he had one.

Legally, the only statements that will count are those made by the aggrieved to a court, even if they are granted anonymity.

And I bet no legal statements will ever be forthcoming.

Reactions: jys
Hitler had a step-sister who he was madly in love with and who killed herself because of how controlling he was. She most certainly wouldn't have stood up for him if she had made it to the end of the war. She died in 1937, I think it was.

Anyway, I'm just curious to know what Stephanie Brown's proof of innocence is. I'm not saying I believe her. I only believe well-researched journalism and what my own eyes see.

True.

I'm really curious to find out how Brown's sister knows for a fact, as she claims, that these allegations are false.

Recall he dragged out her sister as defense in his short presser/speech. It's bit of a WTF. Again, it's not the accusations, but how he reacted to them that took him down permanently.

AoD

She was drunk, and she apologized the next day - it is bad, but not a career ending move. Besides, BC at large didn't seem to have trouble with Gordon Campbell driving drunk back in 2003 and rewarded him with a second and third term - should I read that as an even sadder statement given that's actually against the law?

Oh, and on that matter, ditto Rob Ford and his drunken ACC rant - and in the case, he even denied it and refused to apologize - and it was years before the municipal election. Sad statement that.

AoD
....aaaand, if you look south of the border......

Recall he dragged out her sister as defense in his short presser/speech. It's bit of a WTF.

AoD
lol wut

I haven't read a transcript of his presser. What was he doing? Claiming his sister could vindicate him? Telling people to ask his sis about how he treats women?

....aaaand, if you look south of the border......

I wouldn't bother. They probably call all his unsavory activities part of #MAGA.

lol wut

I haven't read a transcript of his presser. What was he doing? Claiming his sister could vindicate him? Telling people to ask his sis about how he treats women?

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...k-brown-evoke-his-sisters-in-his-defence.html

And on the matter of awkward speeches - recall ex-PC MPP Jack McLaren as well, and he definitely wasn't drunk. Wonder what he thinks about this Brown episode now though.

AoD

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother for the sake of my mental health. I've been skipping all orange pres news in the newspapers for almost a year now.

yes - and Trudeau had zero educational experience for the job as well.
I’m tired of the parade of lawyers that enter politics, so I’ll take teachers, doctors, engineeers, economists, and even semi-charismatic sons of former leaders. I’m in Seoul, Korea and my local colleagues knew all about and seemingly were big fans of Trudeau Jr. of course in this country just not being Trump is plenty points.

I’m tired of the parade of lawyers that enter politics, so I’ll take teachers, doctors, engineeers, economists, and even semi-charismatic sons of former leaders. I’m in Seoul, Korea and my local colleagues knew all about and seemingly were big fans of Trudeau Jr. of course in this country just not being Trump is plenty points.

Aside from Policlal nepotism which works great for name recognition. I think Hollywood/pop culture looks to be gaining the most traction to proivde is our future Leaders. It is all an act and these people are highly popular and far more polished acting so it makes sense in that respect. Sad in others

The leading women being mentioned for the Provincial Conservatives are both tied thru family to previous powerfull Politicians.

This is an aside to the string, but totally germain, and it does give me cause to reconsider the nature of the context canvas this is all being painted onto. From a friend who is in the middle of another of the many 'accusation' imbroglios, as a close observer, to whom I sent the link for this forum and some of the comments:
[...]
Another interesting angle on this is that women our age are leery of this (J'Accuse) too. That would fit in Blatchford and Dimanno. But what XXX is hearing from her friends about what their daughters are going through with the internet world is that young women are being texted dick pics as a regular thing and, I guess because they want to please guys, they accept it. Also, her therapist friend says she has several young women who have been severely abused on Tinder dates. I guess that wasn't hard to see coming but you don't hear about it. So, while a lot of older women are suspicious of the me-too thing, a lot of younger women are facing a lot of crap that no one is talking about and that may be fueling the movement.
[....]
-Personal email received in the last hour

This is crucial for understanding the "#MeToo" movement, whether I agree with the driving factors or not (the term 'naivete' immediately comes to mind, I mean...wtf do you expect kids?). A lot of the 'I'm so clean, he/she is the infected one' is driven to *accommodate* that zeitgeist, morally justified or not.

We're not just dealing with the 'sins of a few individuals'...we're dealing with a 'presented lifestyle' that doesn't conform to preconceived norms. This is part and parcel of the 'iGeneration backlash' now unfolding, and unfolding fast.

Just take a look on a subway or streetcar now-days when you get on. Zombies, slaves to their iDevices. This is a generation incapable of dealing what the previous gen has wrought. In effect, they all have loaded guns. Mutter "Boo", and they'll all make sure someone is accused of violating their space by tweeting it en masse to the world. Tell them "Hey, you look great today" and you might be facing a lawsuit.

The same women who are calling caution on the iCraze are the same cohort calling caution on many of the accusations of sexual impropriety. There's a logic of sorts unfolding there. But that doesn't excuse, not even for a moment, the *stampede* of Holier Than Thous all sticking a knife into Brown's back, and then kicking him after.

Where's the honour Your Honour?
I think Hollywood/pop culture looks to be gaining the most traction to proivde is our future Leaders.
Indeed! *Icons* since the pre-digested for you iGen can only relate to what the web tells them, what Cosmopolitan smears like cheap lipstick onto their faces, like the boy mags show how to 'be a man'.

Of course this isn't unique to this gen, but what this gen lacks is being outside and in the real world to know how not to step on the cracks in the pavement. And by 'this gen' I mean those into their twenty somethings, who somehow 'put it out' but now resent that it didn't pay off they way they expected. 'Someone must pay!'

Thank God that Oprah figured out she's not presidential material after all. Duh! Is it any wonder that the likes of Trump are getting elected?

Last edited:
This is an aside to the string, but totally germain, and it does give me cause to reconsider the nature of the context canvas this is all being painted onto. From a friend who is in the middle of another of the many 'accusation' imbroglios, as a close observer, to whom I sent the link for this forum and some of the comments:

-Personal email received in the last hour

This is crucial for understanding the "#MeToo" movement, whether I agree with the driving factors or not (the term 'naivete' immediately comes to mind, I mean...wtf do you expect kids?). A lot of the 'I'm so clean, he/she is the infected one' is driven to *accommodate* that zeitgeist, morally justified or not.

We're not just dealing with the 'sins of a few individuals'...we're dealing with a 'presented lifestyle' that doesn't conform to preconceived norms. This is part and parcel of the 'iGeneration backlash' now unfolding, and unfolding fast.

Just take a look on a subway or streetcar now-days when you get on. Zombies, slaves to their iDevices. This is a generation incapable of dealing what the previous gen has wrought. In effect, they all have loaded guns. Mutter "Boo", and they'll all make sure someone is accused of violating their space by tweeting it en masse to the world. Tell them "Hey, you look great today" and you might be facing a lawsuit.

The same women who are calling caution on the iCraze are the same cohort calling caution on many of the accusations of sexual impropriety. There's a logic of sorts unfolding there. But that doesn't excuse, not even for a moment, the *stampede* of Holier Than Thous all sticking a knife into Brown's back, and then kicking him after.

Where's the honour Your Honour?
Indeed! *Icons* since the pre-digested for you iGen can only relate to what the web tells them, what Cosmopolitan smears like cheap lipstick onto their faces, like the boy mags show how to 'be a man'.

Of course this isn't unique to this gen, but what this gen lacks is being outside and in the real world to know how not to step on the cracks in the pavement. And by 'this gen' I mean those into their twenty somethings, who somehow 'put it out' but now resent that it didn't pay off they way they expected. 'Someone must pay!'

Thank God that Oprah figured out she's not presidential material after all. Duh! Is it any wonder that the likes of Trump are getting elected?

Pop culture Icons are even easier to grow and glorify with the use of rabid social media and the internet in addition to what used to be just TV and radio. The question will be is this shift to political pop culture bring people towards caring about policy matters or will people spend more time being led to fight over the actors personal traits and flaws in a dog and pony side show distraction. Likely both but I think the absurd amount media bias on both sides will continue push people to focus more personal traits of Lead actors.

Interesting to see if Mulroney is picked here for the Conservatives as her bother has solid name recognition with the younger generation in Canada thru pop culture media and the older generation knows the name obviously thru her father. Like Trudeau It would be another litmus test in name recognition power as she is also basically a nobody otherwise.

Last edited:

Back