News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ontario Tories clean house after Patrick Brown era

Party’s executive director is one of a number of staff members to leave as interim leader Vic Fedeli settles in.

See link.

(Wonder if by "clean house", they might include the erasing of computer hard drives? lol :D)
I alluded to that earlier today with the reference to Velshi 'still going in to the office' after Brown's entire executive resigning. He's now one of only a few executives that Fedeli has on staff.

Why would he need to return to Brown's office when no-one else is there? 'Going over the books' perhaps? 'Straightening things out'? Perhaps grabbing the files of financial transactions to further hang 'John Brown's Body' with?

In all due regard to Velshi, this wasn't an office that held power, unlike McGuinty's when things were 'cleaned'...but there's something conspicuously glaring about Velshi. Every story pivots on him.

Laura Stone @l_stone
now
#Breaking Rick Dykstra stepping down as Ontario PC president

Seriously, what’s going on? Are they trying to lose the election? What’s with all the scandals?

It’s clear there’s a lot of infighting. An hour before it was announced, I received word that Vic Fideli would be the new leader and would contest the election. Then he made a point of calling himself leader not “interim” leader only to be demoted to interim within hours when the party announced a leadership race.

I was concerned when they called a last minute leadership race because of the exclusive attention they’ll benefit from but now I question their ability to not kick themselves in the nuts weeks before the provincial election.

Seriously, what’s going on? Are they trying to lose the election? What’s with all the scandals?

I was concerned when they called a last minute leadership race because of the exclusive attention they’ll benefit from but now I question their ability to not kick themselves in the nuts weeks before the provincial election.

They are giving themselves the enema we were told about.

If Doug runs, it’s going to get very dirty. That’s how he plays. Even if Mulroney emerges the victor, she’s going to come out with a bloody nose.

Wynne just needs to sit back and watch the PCs fight amongst themselves with only weeks to get over it and rally together under one banner.

My money is still on Wynne pending the leadership race. If they somehow get through it peacefully, I’d give Mulroney a better than even chance of winning a minority.

If Doug runs, it’s going to get very dirty. That’s how he plays. Even if Mulroney emerges the victor, she’s going to come out with a bloody nose.

Wynne just needs to sit back and watch the PCs fight amongst themselves with only weeks to get over it and rally together under one banner.

My money is still on Wynne pending the leadership race. If they somehow get through it peacefully, I’d give Mulroney a better than even chance of winning a minority.

Speaking of dirty. Conservative Party on full nuclear meltdown watch if this is true

Adrienne BatraVerified account
@AdrienneBatra

Wait what now? #ONpolipic.twitter.com/xf6AWtgGdz

DUrFepJW0AAgmVV.jpg

Last edited:
Um, that sounds like rubbish. The Globe and Mail also published bits of allegation after speaking to one of the alleged victims. CBC? CTV dug this story up, no? Every media organisation has published accounts of the allegations.

Anyway, publishing allegations of non-criminal conduct isn't a criminal act.

Dykstra had to resign because of this. He was, after all, one of the "frat boys" from the Brown MP days. With him resigning, I'm starting to lean towards believing that there was some level of impropriety indeed. That's given that I don't believe in the above-mentioned RCMP investigation even existing.

This is amazing. Full meltdown indeed. Brown isn’t going to go away quietly — or at all.

Somewhere, Wynne is nodding her head in disbelief of her luck. She went into her first election with the handicap of replacing an unpopular Premier, heading a near certain outgoing government, and yet managed to win a majority and may end up doing it again and being Premier for nearly a decade.

Um, that sounds like rubbish. The Globe and Mail also published bits of allegation after speaking to one of the alleged victims. CBC? CTV dug this story up, no? Every media organisation has published accounts of the allegations.

Anyway, publishing allegations of non-criminal conduct isn't a criminal act.

I think this may be Browns camp looking for legal compensations as the incidents "might" and are in all likelihood non criminal. So if others misspoke on the matter it could result in possible compensation.

Last edited:
There were stories about Dykstra 2 years ago. I believe it was @AlvinofDiaspar who posted one of them earlier. If he received the complaints about Brown and didn't act on them, because of similar stories about himself, then it's not surprising he's stepped down.

Correct, there was a story of inappropriate behavior in the last federal election when he lost his seat. I am not sure if the allegations factored in though.

I think this may be Browns camp looking for legal compensations as the incidents "might" and are in all likelihood non criminal. There is suspicion the Cons are so divided this was timed from within
You can't initialise a criminal investigation on the grounds that you want compensation for libel.

Sorry, I may be wrong....is supplying alcohol to a minor a criminal offence? (I'm too much of a libertarian in this respect to even care what the law is, to be honest).

You can't initialise a criminal investigation on the grounds that you want compensation for libel.

Sorry, I may be wrong....is supplying alcohol to a minor a criminal offence? (I'm too much of a libertarian in this respect to even care what the law is, to be honest).

Ya who knows? But seems like this is Browns camp here are they are lawyered up as these allegations could be hard to prove so they may be setting themselves up for future compensation. Also wouldn't shock me if they are some political undertones here that could be uncovered if an investigation took place.

Back