News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

My prediction:

PC 87 seats
NDP 36
Lib 1

I just have this nagging gut feeling that it's going to be a PC steamroller like in 1995.
We have to get rid of FPTP. I voted NDP in my riding and I feel like it's a wasted vote since my candidate is the leader of the party and will likely get about 80% of the electorate. The NDP could very well win the popular vote and still get half as many seats as the PCs. (But I think that the cons will also take the popular vote by a slim margin.)

For any party to get a massive majority with less than 40% of the votes is practically a crime. For a grifting, low-life, ignoramus, slimeball, former drug dealer to be at the helm turns this already dreadful, clearly undemocratic scenario into a nightmare that, frankly, few of us are clearly anticipating. It'll be Rob Ford's mayoralty X 10 (but minus the crack video)

I hope I am wrong.

My prediction:

PC 87 seats
NDP 36
Lib 1

I just have this nagging gut feeling that it's going to be a PC steamroller like in 1995.
We have to get rid of FPTP. I voted NDP in my riding and I feel like it's a wasted vote since my candidate is the leader of the party and will likely get about 80% of the electorate. The NDP could very well win the popular vote and still get half as many seats as the PCs. (But I think that the cons will also take the popular vote by a slim margin.)

For any party to get a massive majority with less than 40% of the votes is practically a crime. For a grifting, low-life, ignoramus, slimeball, former drug dealer to be at the helm turns this already dreadful, clearly undemocratic scenario into a nightmare that, frankly, few of us are clearly anticipating. It'll be Rob Ford's mayoralty X 10 (but minus the crack video)

I was just watching the California Election and they have a "Jumbo election" where you can have multiple candidates (from the same party) and the top two overall have a run off. THAT has it faults but STILL way better then we have.

I will never understand how we don't have Ranked ballots. Seeing somebody getting a majority with 35%, even though 65% would never vote for that person. But wins a majority because 65% is split among the others 2 or 3 options it really is the worst in democracy. With ranked ballots you can vote with your heart first and not worry about vote splitting

Well, at least the party you're supporting is winning in your riding. I voted for NDP in a riding where they're sure to come in third place. I agree that FPTP needs to go but unfortunately the bright people of Ontario voted on this issue in 2007 to keep it

Just got back from voting. My riding (Spadina - Fort York) is highly unlikely to go PC, so I voted my conscience (Green). There was also no one else in my polling station so other than a minor complaint that my middle name wasn't on the ID I presented, I was in and out pretty quick. I expected polling stations to be busier though, especially after 5pm when people are getting out of work.

I'll refrain from giving a prediction. I'm guilty of predicting another Liberal majority after Doug Ford became PC leader. Desperately hoping that we don't get a PC majority though.

If we are playing election bingo, here is my go:

Libs / PC / NDP / Green
3 / 69 / 51 / 1

Bonus: Doug Ford loses Etobicoke North to NDP, to make things interesting.

Three Lib ridings will be St. Pauls, Ottawa-Vanier and Don Valley East.

While the trend is showing a PC momentum in the final day, what still gives me some hope are the number of local races that remain close.

The inefficiency of the NDP vote distribution helps the PCs but in the final days, that might be true for the PCs too where Conservatives in ridings the PCs were going to win anyway have come home inflating their popular vote but not necessarily increasing their seat count.

That said, at minimum, what needs to happen is that enough NDP voters lower the PCs seat count to a minority. They don’t even have to win the most seats.

In the event that happens, we’ll still need to count on the few elected Liberal MPPs bringing down Doug in a no confidence vote and then supporting the NDP. I’m cynical given the Liberals would benefit the most from a disastrous Doug Ford term and would probably allow him to govern rather than let Horwath do so. If the Liberals were to prop up Doug Ford, I’d officially become an NDP member and would not vote Liberal again. Wynne has disappointed me in attacking the NDP when her hope of forming government was lost.

I will be holding Wynne accountable if Doug Ford is elected Premier and all the subsequent consequences.
Reading this gives me hope and right now, I need that!

I like this prediction game because I'm a big football gambler (not hand egg). (No, my debts aren't from gambling).

I predict a minority government.

You heard it here first. Come on universe, let it be true!

Did anyone else here vote via paper ballot? I thought there were going to be electronic voting machines this time around, but my station didn't have anything like that. Stuffed my paper ballot into a box like before.

Here's my prediction:

PCs 65 seats
NDP 51 seats
Liberals 7 seats
Greens 1 seat

Really hope there's some leakage in the PC boat tonight somewhere that deprives them of a majority!
Here's mine:

PCs 61 seats
NDPs 56 seats
LIBs 6 seats
Greens 1 seat

Did anyone else here vote via paper ballot? I thought there were going to be electronic voting machines this time around, but my station didn't have anything like that. Stuffed my paper ballot into a box like before.
Not all polling stations have the electronic machines. It has something to do with the density of voters per electoral district, or some kind of statistic similar to that. If your polling area has a lower density, it wont have the machine.

I just went out to vote, and my station had the machine. It made things a bit quicker, but the biggest hold up was for people who did not have proper identification, documentation, no VIC, etc...

Back