News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

As others have mentioned, I'm terribly disappointed that transit hasn't been a bigger issue during the early campaign season - especially the relief line.

I'm hoping the NDP rises in the polls, with the expectation that if this were to happen, the Dippers and Liberals will be fighting over ridings in the old city limits which could get the relief line back in the discussion.

The arrogance and self-righteousness of Liberal supporters will be their own downfall.
I haven't seen much of this - compared to either other party.. Can you give an example?

I think it's been more a PC issue - certainly on transit issues - at least the wing of the party that managed to oust Brown and install Ford as leader. Or perhaps the NDP, given we are supposed to vote for them - but still don't have any indication of what their platform is (or perhaps I've missed it? Feel free to correct me - I'm dying to see what exactly they are proposing! Mind you the same seems to go for the PCs now that they seem to have already flip-flopped on what I thought was actually a half-decent platform - particularly for transit?

Ah, there it is. Silly me to think your ways had changed.
I can't imagine anyone here is going to claim that Doug Ford's very long history of anti-gay bigotry has ended, particularly given some of this comments and actions during the leadership campaign.

I'm always going to call out anyone evil enough to push or support such anti-gay bigotry. Who wouldn't?

Doug Ford's more recent unending supporting of a long-time racist like Donald Trump is also disturbing, frankly.

It seems like the arrogance and self-righteousness of the PC Party and their supporters is what has been their downfall for the past decade or so.
No, what’s been their downfall since the PC majorities of the 1990s has been own-goal stupidity. Tory’s promotion of religious schools costs votes from both cons fearing Islamist madrassas and leftists aspiring for an end to, not expansion of provincially funded religious schooling. Followed by Hudak’s promise to “terminate” 100,000 civil workers. Skip these idiot moves and we’d have seen the end of McGuinty and never have seen Wynne.

Last edited:
No, what’s been their downfall since the PC majorities of the 1990s has been own-goal stupidity. Tory’s promotion of religious schools costs votes from both cons fearing Islamist madrassas and leftists aspiring for an end to, not expansion of provincially funded religious schooling. Followed by Hudak’s promise to “terminate” 100,000 civil workers. Skip these idiot moves and we’d have seen the end of McGuinty and never have seen Wynne.
And Mr. Ford is leading them down the same path...

It would be interesting to see an NDP minority with a liberal coalition -- Would we see 3$ GO Fares and provincial funding for the TTC?

Ideally, though Horwath's policies since the last election haven't always suggested that. This election should have been a shoe-in for the NDP the second Ford got elected. Progressive policies remain popular but the Liberals are not seen as good stewards financially. The NDP of the 90s and 2000s was perfect for a run on a platform of essentially maintaining Liberal policy (with minor tweaks) and none of the corruption.

Instead, Horwath has been playing to the kinds of suburban voters who aren't likely to consider the NDP (like with the whole gas tax cut thing in the last election). The whole "war on cars" mantra is pushed by conservative voices to play to conservative voters. All pandering to that voter bloc does is annoy urbanite NDPers and give suburban voters a good laugh. The NDP could go for moderate progressive urban and suburban voters, along with their base in the remaining industry towns and North, to build a decent coalition. I still don't get why the party has been aiming for the kinds of voters who won't consider the NDP.

I still don't get why the party has been aiming for the kinds of voters who won't consider the NDP.
Jamie Watt has analyzed those, and very non-partisan ones too:

Opinion | Watt: Andrea Horwath must be the people’s champion

Opinion | Watt: Veering left is right for Kathleen Wynne

Agreed though that the NDP is doing very poorly with maximizing their firepower. Their strength might be just as well placed in forming a coalition, or at least a logistical agreement with the Libs *before* the election rather than after.

But of course, that has been talked about for generations. The NDP had best find a place for themselves and fast, time is running out for them.

Last edited:
Ah, there it is. Silly me to think your ways had changed.
He can’t help it. I think it’s a compulsion thing. We’re up to 198 instances of bigot calling so far.
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/search/1256410/?q=Bigot&o=date&c[user][0]=882
Calling Ford a "bigoted individual" is a fully accurate statement.
Next we need to call anyone who supports Ford or the PCs a bigot as well. That should close the loop on the basket of deplorables moment Ford needs.
And Mr. Ford is leading them down the same path...
What idiot, vote-killing promise has Ford made? I didn’t think he’s made any notable promises yet.

Last edited:
What idiot, vote-killing promise has Ford made?
You might want to start with the CBC funding claim.

But then again, some refuse to see the obvious...I guess "OCD" is for those who prefer evidence based comment.

So let's make this easy before things get personal...please inform all we "OCD" types exactly what tact and how Ford intends to govern. And please, spare us the mantras.

Over to you...

Last edited:
The knives are out for Ford, they're just not glinting in the light yet. The Cons want their party back.
If Ford wins a majority, all will be forgiven, with any dissenting voices culled.
You might want to start with the CBC funding claim
That was pretty dumb, and funny sad. Is that a vote killing promise akin to religious schools and mass layoffs? I think he’s an idiot sure, but he’s got a good shot still.
...please inform all we "OCD" types exactly what and how Ford intends to govern.
No.

Last edited:
If Ford wins a majority, all will be forgiven, with any dissenting voices culled.
That you'd speak so lowly of the 'others' is telling. Power, no matter how attained, can be corrosive...for some. I've criticised Wynne for exactly that. And now you take her shortcomings much further.

$20 votes anyone?

All Hail Caesar!

Back