News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Stephen Harper isnt a lawyer either.

Mike Harris probably has worse credentials and isn't doing bad for himself either.

Someone is buying into to much conservative propaganda about Trudeau.

Trudeau can still go to downtown Toronto and Montreal and have people swooning over him till the end of time really, he will be fine.

He could easily get a job at a high profile NGO.

I still think he will be PM for awhile longer though because Scheer is a joke of a candidate

I thought May and Singh won the debates. However, at this point I think most people watching the debates already made up their minds.

The last thing I am honestly concerned about is Trudeau's post-political career.

Besides you guys are missing the obvious one. Trudeau can remain an elected MP and part of the Liberal caucus.

The last thing I am honestly concerned about is Trudeau's post-political career.

Besides you guys are missing the obvious one. Trudeau can remain an elected MP and part of the Liberal caucus.

He could, though how many of them would want to stick around as a MP after being PM if they don't have any comeback aspirations? And who would want him as a shadow in the background in that case?

He could easily get a job at a high profile NGO.

I still think he will be PM for awhile longer though because Scheer is a joke of a candidate

Maybe we can finally get some clarity in law as to what the expectation should be in terms of citizenship for someone in the position of a PM - between Scheer and Jean, it is time to put it in writing.

AoD

Last edited:
Trudeau can still go to downtown Toronto and Montreal and have people swooning over him till the end of time really, he will be fine.
or until he gets some grey hairs.
Has a former PM ever stayed on as MP for any length of time?

Has a former PM ever stayed on as MP for any length of time?
He could, though how many of them would want to stick around as a MP after being PM if they don't have any comeback aspirations? And who would want him as a shadow in the background in that case?
Stephane Dion remained in office until 2017.

He really should have been given the Electoral Reform portfolio too, instead of Monsef who was utterly incompetent at the job. But, I suppose his presence as a former leader (and importantly, his views on electoral reform contradicting Trudeau's positions) specifically got him sidelined from that portfolio.

Stephane Dion remained in office until 2017.

He really should have been given the Electoral Reform portfolio too, instead of Monsef who was utterly incompetent at the job. But, I suppose his presence as a former leader (and importantly, his views on electoral reform contradicting Trudeau's positions) specifically got him sidelined from that portfolio.

Stephane Dion was never PM (only party leader) - and even then he got sidelined. It would be awkward for an ex-PM to stick around (and probably somewhat unhealthy for renewal of any political party in that circumstance).

AoD

Didn't Diefenbaker hang around parliament for a long time after he was prime minister?

Yeah, for more then a decade!

This is funny.

Booted candidate update.

Last edited:
I think most people who are even progressives on here would think the best outcome is an accountable minroity Liberal Govt and that we move away from the Liberal party being just about the personality of Justin Trudeau.

I'll be happy when our parliamentary system stops revolving around the leader-in-power, whoever they are (along with their unelected staffers). We elect 338 MPs and spend a lot of money only to have them act like potted plants or trained seals.

Maybe we can finally get some clarity in law as to what the expectation should be in terms of citizenship for someone in the position of a PM - between Scheer and Jean, it is time to put it in writing.
AoD

I as well, although many would see it as xenophobic . It would have to be a Constitutional amendment.

I as well, although many would see it as xenophobic . It would have to be a Constitutional amendment.

There is nothing xenophobic about trying to avoid complications that dual citizenship imposes on the exercise of political power as the highest elected representative (or as the Queen's representative) - those positions are particularly unique.

AoD

I wouldn't want to go as far as Australia does. That whole dual citizenship scandal was rather crazy.

Back