News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

For all we know conservatives could run ads that go "liberals want to legalize gay marriage!!!" in various languages and it could actually work in their favour.

Rob Ford would have loved that...

Conservatives running Facebook ads falsely accusing Liberals of planning to legalize hard drugs like crack and crystal meth on Chinese-language page...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...pid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Remember: that's the strategy they've perfected. Dogwhistling through ethno-media, knowing that the MSM Anglosphere (or alternately, Francosphere) won't catch on--until they're alerted to the fact...

I dont see the issue... Liberals have been exporting American issues into the Canadian election saying the conservatives are going to bring American style gun laws or going to reopen abortion...

I know its hard to believe but there are a lot of people who may not like abortion but realize the issue has been settled.

I dont see the issue... Liberals have been exporting American issues into the Canadian election saying the conservatives are going to bring American style gun laws or going to reopen abortion...

I know its hard to believe but there are a lot of people who may not like abortion but realize the issue has been settled.

How can you not see the issue?

Yes the Liberals are emphasizing a potential sore/weak point for Conservatives and likely exaggerating the risk that they will act on the feelings of their leader or some other candidates; and I would gladly accept they do that too much.

But there is a basic truth there. Conservatives have said they will repeal the last gun control moves made by the Liberals. The leader of the party is openly pro-life and has never walked back past anti-gay bigotry.

There is a world of difference in suggesting that the Liberals are going to legalize Crystal Meth. There is no Liberal candidate I'm aware of who has remotely mused about the idea; there isn't even a platform commitment to look at decriminalization of simple possession for personal use of most drugs.

So one party's actions may be slightly misleading in as much as they over emphasize the real risks of the other guys; but that second party (the Conservatives) are simply making stuff up out of thin air.

How can you not see the issue?

Yes the Liberals are emphasizing a potential sore/weak point for Conservatives and likely exaggerating the risk that they will act on the feelings of their leader or some other candidates; and I would gladly accept they do that too much.

But there is a basic truth there. Conservatives have said they will repeal the last gun control moves made by the Liberals. The leader of the party is openly pro-life and has never walked back past anti-gay bigotry.

There is a world of difference in suggesting that the Liberals are going to legalize Crystal Meth. There is no Liberal candidate I'm aware of who has remotely mused about the idea; there isn't even a platform commitment to look at decriminalization of simple possession for personal use of most drugs.

So one party's actions may be slightly misleading in as much as they over emphasize the real risks of the other guys; but that second party (the Conservatives) are simply making stuff up out of thin air.

Well firstly the latest gun control moves by the liberals won't do anything to save lives in Toronto... It's all a political ploy to export a gun control debate from America to Canada... Gun control laws have remained strict in this country under all kinds of governments.

Also, a lot of liberals in the past were pro-life too but the party as a whole supported pro-choice but the liberal party before Trudeau actually reflected a diversity of ideas... not just become a Trudeau personality cult as it does today...

Reality is regardless of who is elected in Canada, abortion is under no threat by anyone as the political consequences are too serious, so I dont as a women fall into the trap of having much concern about this issue. I am a bit sick and tired of this issue as its been settled way before i was born.

Well firstly the latest gun control moves by the liberals won't do anything to save lives in Toronto... It's all a political ploy to export a gun control debate from America to Canada... Gun control laws have remained strict in this country under all kinds of governments.

Also, a lot of liberals in the past were pro-life too but the party as a whole supported pro-choice but the liberal party before Trudeau actually reflected a diversity of ideas... not just become a Trudeau personality cult as it does today...

Reality is regardless of who is elected in Canada, abortion is under no threat by anyone as the political consequences are too serious, so I dont as a women fall into the trap of having much concern about this issue. I am a bit sick and tired of this issue as its been settled way before i was born.

You still failed to note the difference between over emphasis/exaggeration vs completely made-up.

As to your last statement; without engaging in hyperbole; I would offer up that many women in the United States thought the same thing, Roe v. Wade happened long before you were born.

There are now several US States where its very difficult to near impossible to get an abortion.

I would not exaggerate any threat of this being the case in Canada in the immediate future; but I would advise against taking any of your rights/freedoms for granted.

You still failed to note the difference between over emphasis/exaggeration vs completely made-up.

As to your last statement; without engaging in hyperbole; I would offer up that many women in the United States thought the same thing, Roe v. Wade happened long before you were born.

There are now several US States where its very difficult to near impossible to get an abortion.

I would not exaggerate any threat of this being the case in Canada in the immediate future; but I would advise against taking any of your rights/freedoms for granted.

We had 9 years of tharper and nothing changed on the abortion front in canada...

I just dont buy the logic that I need to vote for Trudeau to save us from ' the barbarians at the gates'

Reality is most Canadians overwhelmingly support a progressive agenda and if Trudeau actually pushed through electoral reform, Conservatives in this country would have had to change and moderate.

CPC 140
liberal 135
bloc 33
ndp 25

so what changed in the past 3-4 days?

No matter how you spin it, Western Canada hates Trudeau but Eastern Canada hates Doug Ford and Andrew Scheer.

Batten down the hatches folks, we are headed for a minority.

That being said I can see the NDP merging with the Greens after this election. If we end up with a minority the NDP won't survive. They are in heavy debt right now and can't fight another election in short order.

I just voted in the Advanced Poll for the Conservative candidate in my riding.

Not expecting the riding to flip blue but I still feel good that I voted based on conviction and substance rather than hype. Fingers crossed for a CPC Minority and see what they can make of it from there.

Be honest I just dont want a liberal majority.

I want the liberals to get away from the Trudeau personality cult.

Unsure voting ndp or tory yet

I just voted in the Advanced Poll for the Conservative candidate in my riding.

Not expecting the riding to flip blue but I still feel good that I voted based on conviction and substance rather than hype. Fingers crossed for a CPC Minority and see what they can make of it from there.
What does CPC minority mean - Liberals will have to have the support of 2 parties to retain power instead of just 1.?

What does CPC minority mean - Liberals will have to have the support of 2 parties to retain power instead of just 1.?

A CPC minority is the best of the worst case scenarios. I don't think people trust Scheer enough to give him a majority.

Back