News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Much like anything people move on and those who voted for Greg year ago may not be the same people voting now.
I think if Scheer had actual momentum maybe.

But not now.

Besides the candidates name is Francesco Sorbara, Greg's nephew.

He won't lose to a parachute candidate.

I’m sensing this election is actually becoming about something: ABT anyone but Trudeau. This theme seems to be trending across the political spectrum and across the country regionally. Even those voting Liberal are probably tending to focus on the strengths of their MP over the Party leader.

Conservatism is no longer about the politics.. it is about the fake news that they come up with to win votes. Next thing you know they will say that Jagmeet was secretly behind the air india bombing.
I’ll look to the CBC, not the Cons for info on Singh. Per this article, it’s nice that he now rejects glorifying it. But his ambiguity before was noteworthy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jagmeet-singh-air-india-bombing-accepts-1.4578030

I never understood why he cared either way. He’s Canadian-born, and apart from mourning the losses of Canadians and their relatives on the Air India plane, shouldn’t give a fig about what happens in India. I was born in the UK and emigrated to Canada in the 1970s. Do you think I spend anytime wondering about UK cultural issues or the earlier terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland? No. I’m Canadian and left my UK self decades ago. My Canadian-born children, have no connection whatsoever with what happens in the UK.

Attachments

• 1571223011201.png
    1571223011201.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I’ll look to the CBC, not the Cons for info on Singh. Per this article, it’s nice that he now rejects glorifying it. But his ambiguity before was noteworthy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jagmeet-singh-air-india-bombing-accepts-1.4578030

I never understood why he cared either way. He’s Canadian-born, and apart from mourning the losses of Canadians and their relatives on the Air India plan, shouldn’t give a fig about what happens in India. I was born in the UK and emigrated to Canada in the 1970s. Do you think I spend anytime wondering about UK cultural issues or the earlier terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland? No. I’m Canadian and left my UK self decades ago.

Jagmeet is a part of the more orthodox elements of the Sikh Faith who are known to have support with people who advocate for the 'creation of Khalistan"

I think he has distanced himself lately from those views.

I be honest I dont really care about the platforms, I just want Trudeau out of office.

Will vote NDP or Tory for it.

LOL sorry but this has to be the fakest thing anyone has ever posted on the internet. Yeah sure you would "vote NDP". Do cons really think everyone else is dumb?

LOL sorry but this has to be the fakest thing anyone has ever posted on the internet. Yeah sure you would "vote NDP". Do cons really think everyone else is dumb?
You do know there is quite a decent number of NDP to Tory voters and vice versa out west?

Even in this election, Tories bled support to the NDP during the Ontario campaign and went back and forth a bit.

I find the ideological purity lines only exist in the minds of party-minded fanatics in each party.

I like Jagmeet out of all the leaders but may vote Tory if he is the best option to beat the liberal in my area... I will see on Monday which way the tea leaves are going and cast my vote accordingly.

I’m sensing this election is actually becoming about something: ABT anyone but Trudeau. This theme seems to be trending across the political spectrum and across the country regionally. Even those voting Liberal are probably tending to focus on the strengths of their MP over the Party leader.

This is the theme Conservative's are trying to push. I've yet to hear anyone in real life make such a statement who wasn't a Conservative pretending to be progressive.

I consider myself fiscally conservative, but I've voted all over the map. I voted for the parties led by Mulroney, Chrétien, Martin, Harper and Trudeau. This time I'm voting Green.

Picard102, you could be right but to be honest I don’t know what you mean. There is this sad attempt in the media and in political discussions to Polaris and exclude people. This statement may upset people here but while there may be more extreme views in party membership and individuals there is very little difference between the positions of the political parties in Canada.

I stated earlier in this thread that this was a nothing election but I stand corrected that it seems people are more disenchanted with Trudeau as leader then I imagined. That vote is not primarily breaking to the Conservatives it’s breaking to the NDP, greens, and Bloc. That serves Conservative interests to an extent but that doesn’t make it less possible.

The Liberals have not done a bad job. I think their child benefit program is one of the best policies implemented in a long time. I voted strongly Liberal in 2015 against Harper’s Conservative government despite disliking Trudeau immensely. I won’t be voting Liberal in this election but I’m not strongly opposed to another Liberal mandate. I just think they look lost and rudderless with a poor leader and a platform that neither appeals to me nor gives me assurance that they could be trusted to handle a likely economic downturn in the next few years

24% might be enough to win York Centre and Eglinton Bathurst. How high were the Conservatives in Toronto in 2011 when they won six seats?

Exactly, there's 5-6 winnable ridings for the Conservatives in the 416. These are:

Scarborough Agincourt
Scarborough North
York Centre
Eglinton-Lawrence
Don Valley North

Long Shot:
Etobicoke Centre

Longer shots but still probable:
Willowdale
Etobicoke Lakeshore

Regardless of the party, I think that the concentration of power in the Prime Minister's Office needs to be looked- it's a process that began a while back, and intensified under both Harper and Trudeau.

In an ironic sense, it can sometimes render the Senate (often perceived as useless) as the only limiting check on power when there's a governmental majority.

Back