News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

As I've said before, Cannis's ungrammatical "return back" signs suggest that his main-drag sign presence isn't going to be matched at the polling booth (and probably also offers some clue as to how he lost in 2011 after years of 416-Liberal autopilot)

Good point.

In the last municipal election there was a candidate in Ward 20 with signs that read "Please elect Mohsin Bhuiyan for a City Councillor". I found it amusing at the time and stated that someone with such politeness and grammatical inaccuracies would never win an election. In this case it was broken English and a possible use of Google Translate to create the signs that turned me off voting for him.

While this is a forum about the 2019 Election I doubt anything is to be gained by being racist towards others. I get it, you don't like Trudeau but droning on and on about him being racist is starting to become a tad annoying.
I am not sure who is being racist to others.
A question was asked about why Conservative call everyone racist. I corrected, that it is Trudeau who is racist - with a plethora of examples - and whoever supports the racist is in all likelihood racist themselves. I'm not talking slave owning racism, just condoning the ridicule and abuse of minorities. I suppose I failed to acknowledge that some Trudeau supporters are just willfully ignorant and not racist.

Maybe I should be voting "Green", else you'll won't like some of us being angry.

giphy.webp

From link.

Maybe I should be voting "Green", else you'll won't like some of us being angry.

giphy.webp

From link.
I had some fun today checking the projections and am surprised at the number of seats that Green can pick up. Unfortunately it looks like the Liberal stronghold in Guelph is too strong for the Greens to make a dent in there, but most of Vancouver Island, Northwest Territories, up to three seats in Atlantic Canada and surprisingly one of the Thunder Bay ridings could swing their way.

Given how tight the projections are for Liberal and Conservative parties in these past few days, Greens could end up becoming the kingmaker.

Stuck between NDP and Tory to vote for... from Brampton east.

NDP? You seem like a CPC type. I won't even vote NDP unless it is strategic.

I can see Cannis winning the riding back. Salma Zahid is an interesting woman.. very quiet and only won because she is a LPC candidate. She is one of those candidates that won but had no clue what they were doing when they did.

As for John Turmel he is on his 99th election this year in Brantford. I think if he won there would likely be a recount.. hell I would question the numbers if he w

In all fairness, Roxanne James wasn't well liked.

I am not sure who is being racist to others.
A question was asked about why Conservative call everyone racist. I corrected, that it is Trudeau who is racist - with a plethora of examples - and whoever supports the racist is in all likelihood racist themselves. I'm not talking slave owning racism, just condoning the ridicule and abuse of minorities. I suppose I failed to acknowledge that some Trudeau supporters are just willfully ignorant and not racist.

So . . . people can be sort-of racist? Is this like being sort-of pregnant?

What do we make of advanced voting showing strong voter turn out? Is advanced voting just becoming more popular? Otherwise I would suspect it suggests a strong “vote for change” intention which is not good news for the sitting government.

Well, the Liberals are getting decimated in Quebec now everywhere outside of Greater Montreal and the NDP are gaining ground in Ontario and BC (and a few Atlantic outliers). Not as advertised.

If Scheer can flip some of the 905 ring, the Tories will be back in serious contention again.

What do we make of advanced voting showing strong voter turn out? Is advanced voting just becoming more popular? Otherwise I would suspect it suggests a strong “vote for change” intention which is not good news for the sitting government.

High voter turnout (over 2 million votes cast just on Friday and Saturday alone or 25% increase over 2015's numbers) is indicative that this is indeed a change election after all. People aren't content with the status quo.

I think people just want to get it done and over with. I know alot of people who are too busy to vote on election day because of weird working hours or simply not having enough time. Advance voting easier because you can pick 1 of 4 days to vote.

Most people know who they want to vote for at this point.

Unless Trudeau goes blackbody while walking naked through Ottawa speaking to the media about Freedom of Expression while also attempting to speak in Patois there wont be much to change peoples minds.

Judging from my social media feed, I'd suggest that indeed, voting in advance is becoming more popular; in fact, practically as a civic-minded get-it-over-with exercising-one's-franchise "selfie gesture". If anything, it'd appear from said feed that good old-fashioned waiting until Election Day is going the way of land lines and print newspapers.

And it seems to also be a particular phenomenon among the "urban fashionably left" (and I noticed this provincially last year: to take one case, Davenport was won by the NDP with 60%, but they won the *advance* polls by 73%). So while this *might* not be good news for the sitting government, it might also not necessarily be good news for the official opposition, either, as a lot of that vote's motivated by "stopping Scheer"...

I know a number of people who voted in the advanced polls simply because they thought the line-ups would be shorter

Back